Why would my GPU (980ti) be getting hot while my CPU (i5 4950k) isn't? Playing triple A titles on higher settings...

Why would my GPU (980ti) be getting hot while my CPU (i5 4950k) isn't? Playing triple A titles on higher settings, and GPU is reaching 90 degrees celsius while CPU is only getting up to high 60s/low 70s. I've dusted the case and its components, and have pretty good (not beautiful) cable management and 4 system fans.

Could my GPU just be faulty? Should I RMA it? I heard something about the thermal paste in some of the cards could not be applied correctly in the factory?

Pic is of the card I have.

Attached: 61ZkqCYgxAL._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 20K)

*I7 4790K

replace vrm pads and paste
turn fans up
if its working, even though hot, RMA wont do much for you.
if that fails then RMA

You mean games stress your graphics card more than your cpu? It's almost as if it was designed to bear most of the load. I'd RMA it to be safe.

lmao nice meme

Your sarcasm is funny...I realize that, but 90 temps consistently seems a bit high.
Not sure how that's a meme, but ok.

>muh gaymes

Post pertains to the technology powered to play said games not the games in and of themselves.

Under load? 80c is fairly normal.

Bad airflow maybe. Try running with the case open and maybe an external fan on it just to see. If the temps don't change significantly than it may be a thermal paste issue. If they do than there is an issue with airflow, either severe blockage or a fan isn't running properly.

How recently did you buy it that you can still RMA it?

Bought it in February of 2016.

Actually, regardless of that. The card isn't defective, it's still under the safe limit and is thermal throttling correctly.

They might not see an issue here at all.

What's your fan curve? I have the EVGA 980Ti Classified model. It Cooks itself all the way to 85C when gaming without the fans ever kicking past 30%. I set a manual fan curve and now it barely reaches 62C.

62C sounds very sexy. Please help me.

Attached: Fan Curve.png (1119x542, 361K)

980ti is a house fire. My evga ssc 970 ovrrclocked to 1500 hits 72c max. Your only option is to either underclock it or shut the hell up

Yup see. That pic shows your fans aent even going beyond 50%,even with the card at 80C. You have to move those points around or change the type of fan curve. See in the menu where it says fan mode: quiet"? Change it to performance or whatever has a more agreessive curve. Or to do it manually, The bottom is temperature and the side is fan speed. Make it so your card has a more agressove curve. I.e. at 60C the fans are at 50%. At 70C the
fans go to 60% etc. Set whatever you're comfortable with. I have mine set to bit q00% fan speed if the card ever goes past 85C.
Yea no. My 980Ti at 1600mhz only sees 65C. You and your gimped card can get fucked.

>gimp
Still asshurt about the amazing value of the 970 i see.

>Amazing value
Lol keep telling yourself that. And no I didn't need an "amazing value". I buy the absolute best performer when it hits the market every 2-3 generations.

>need
>the new xx80ti every 2 years
Hahahaha financial retard

>He's so poor he can't afford $800-$1500 every other year
>Making fun of others
Even spending as much as $3,000 every 2 years on tech is not a stretch at all for someone who has a proper job. If you're working paycheck to paycheck as a minimum wage slave, then you have bigger things to worry about than the best GPU. I'd have the Titan X black XXX mega Delta edition or whatever they're calling their top dog now if Nvidia actually supported their Titan buyers and not fuck them over.

>wasting 800-1500 every other year and being proud of it to look rich to internet strangers you dont even like
Hahahahahahahahaha RETARD

Depending on games you play (older titles) after a while you hit a wall, either the game is fps locked or your able to hit 100+ fps with all things maxed at high res. Either way it's pointless to keep blowing money on a new card since you've already hit the "fps wall" with your current one. I was like a lot of people, constantly upgrading in quest for higher fps, higher res and to play games w/all settings jacked to the max. I hit the wall with the 8800GT (I play older games).

>value of a 970
iirc, 970 is priced same as 1060 6GB (pre gpu mining shit)
1060 is objectively better than 970

>980 ti
>RMA
GOOD FUCKING LUCK

Dude that's just how it is when playing game. Try a more aggressive fan curve like this user said .

Damn that 970 is a housfire, I had a GTX 960 reference style card that shit all over that (it was one of the ones with the shit aluminium heatsink instead of the good one) that did 1539mhz at 69c.

Install software and change fan profile

Because the GPU is working at 100% while the CPU isn't.
Who let the brainlets in?

I took the heatsink of my GTX970 yesterday and replaced the thermal paste, I managed to drop load temps by 8°C.

You could try and destroy your card with high temps so EVGA replace it with a comparable GTX1080 or whatever.

My 1060 hits 80c when playing vermintide 2, witcher and ffxv, no more than 50% fans
S'fine

t. assmad poorfag

Attached: 122.png (398x307, 189K)

this. I could honestly imagining OP posting something like

>I have a Gigabit network stack in my motherboard
>I pay for 10 Mbps internet
>Why don't I get Gigabit speeds?

It's almost as if different components in a GENERAL PURPOSE computer have different purposes and different purposes stress it differently

Whens the last time you dusted it? Like actually blew all the dust out of it?

whats a good paste to re-do the paste on a gpu?
is noctua any good or do i go artic silver?

ur probably part of a botnet and someones using your card to mine bitcoins without your knowledge

Bought a 1080 dirt cheap before the miners fucked the price

9xx shit is gay

Wait till 2020 and upgrade op real-time ray traced shadows reflections lighting and ao are here

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-26-05-16-48-49.png (1920x1080, 1.56M)