Linux for a normalfag

Whats the best linux distro for ordinary usage (office, web browsing, light customization) and that has good battery optimization?

Also wheres the mkg? I want to ask something and I havent seen it in hours :(

Attached: loliloli.jpg (200x252, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Category:Power_management
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably Mint or Ubuntu if you don't want a lot of work setting it up. Arch or gentoo will let you tweak things to perfection, but it's pretty hard.

Ucuntu for the beginner I'd say. Anythign else is pretty intermediate but its honestly not that difficult. Arch and Gantoo are harder however, I'd say arch is a bit easy and less time consuming to install

I tried mint, and had some problems with qbittorrent plugins. Before I tried debian, and I think it was a mint peoblem because I installed the same plugins the same way in both distros, but only had problems with mint

Don't use linux. Linux uses only highly sophisticated anons. You do not belong in our sekret penguin klub.
Begone!

shut the fuck up

Then go with Ubuntu, it had an overwhelming amount of help and support online and everyone will be ready to help you if you can't figure something out.

Don't use Mint if you want "good battery optimization".
Deluge is better anyway since the last Qbit update.

Has*

What update? And deluge doesnt have a search plugin, does it? Thats the reason I use qbittorrent.
I think ill go with xubuntu, I dont like unity. And yeah, when searching for shit I noticed almost all of the answers were directed towards ubuntu.

Gnome is now the default on ubuntu. Canoninal finally gave up.

Isnt ir basically the same as unity
Also isnt gnome shit? I remember it being slow compared to xfce (the only 2 des ive tried)

No, really, you must have some experience with computers.
And no, playing video gaymes doesn't count.

Gnome is unironically the best desktop for linux, unless you're willing to put in some time and rice it by hand. I am, but most are not. So they should use gnome.

Try ultimate edition gamers

Distro:
Ubuntu or mint is the safe pick.
Manjaro or debian is also worth considering.

DE:
Gnome is the most mainstream, simple and user-friendly. KDE is the most advanced one aimed at power users. Xfce is lighter than both of them and is a little bit like a mix/old-style.

Good luck.

xubuntu
ignore everything else, including Mint (which is just ubuntu monkeypatched by idiots with vaguely "nicer" defaults)

is gnome nice these days?
last time I tried it, I hated it so fucking much and ran screaming back to xfce

try arch

Linux isn't for Normalfags. Make the transformation or go back to Windows.

Manjaro. For battery optimization check wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Category:Power_management
>Also wheres the mkg?
Make one.

Nah, normalfags are better off with GNU/Linux. Windows takes a lot of knowledge and effort to keep the system even somewhat clean and secure, so most normalfags don't bother beyond a token effort (i.e., "muh antivirus").

Some Ubuntu, simply because it is the most popular end user distribution and you will find the highest number of packages and support. Ubuntu with Xfce is a good choice. Avoid Gnome/Unity.

>linux
>good battery optimization

>Windows
>Suck out your battery while a forced update

>macOS

Attached: Smugwojak4v2.png (640x400, 32K)

Ubongo LTS, wait a week or so for 18.04

/mkg/ is here!

Attached: 20180325_130607.jpg (3869x1607, 1.35M)

I said "normalfag" as someone who doesnt work in tech or anything like that. Also why do you guys contradict yourself? Some said that linux is easier than windows, and some others like you are saying that its harder
lazy
hows topre? I would buy one board with it but right now Id rather put my money into a kaih diy.