Damn Ian was really fucked up wasn't he...

damn Ian was really fucked up wasn't he? jesus chirst how could anyone in the band not thinking he was for sure kill himself soon?

apparently the rest of the band just thought that it was part of the artistic processes

i really wish we could've gotten more albums from them before he killed himself
imagine a studio recording of 'ceremony'

>tfw play in a band, have epilepsy, and deal with depression

Reading Touching From A Distance

oh everybody knew

He told his wife he didn't want to live past his 20s. And she refused to accompany him when he asked her to like a day or two before he killed himself.

*read

She thought Ian was cheating on her, and apparently they weren't getting along too well towards the end. They would have divorced eventually if Ian didn't off himself.

Did his kid go on to do anything musical?

No, I believe she is a photographer.

I always feel awful for the kids of famous performers who killed themselves.

To the world they're the tragic loss of a great artist, but to the kids they're just a dad who wasn't there for them growing up.

>The hangman looks round as he waits
>Cord stretches tight then it breaks
>Some day we will die in our dreams
>How I wish you were here with me now

based on what i've read i'd say the band kept a fair amount of personal distance with each other, especially with ian
after he killed himself none of them talked with each other about how it personally affected them

lest we forget

Every time I listen to that song I wonder what had to have been running through Bernard's mind while he sang it.

Damn, I didn't even know Ian wrote that one. It's no wonder Bernard sounded so awful at that time.

there is one you pleb

>jesus chirst how could anyone in the band not thinking he was for sure kill himself soon?
I know the band have gone on record as to saying they didn't know he was actually that depressed, but I don't buy it. I think they just didn't care.

Or probably didn't want to be held responsible.
As someone who's battling with depression, nobody wants to help with all that, at least from what it seems to me. It's a lot to take on. Especially if one person can't deal with it.

In fact the other three dudes in the band were giant morons.

>the other three dudes
You realize they also went on to make great music without Ian, right?

no they didn't

>Yeah, they were real bad. I call them Poo Order lel

Yeah, because they grew up and became mature after his death.

This is disturbing on so many levels.

To be fair, most of the punk/post-punk around that time was dark and moody as fuck.

His gravestone gives me the feels. His wife chose his gravestone insignia. "Love will tear us apart".

>choose the title of pleb favorite
Fucking normies.

yeah look up the JD demos of In A Lonely Place, spooky as fuck

Yeah she thought "A Means to an End" and "Atrocity Exhibition" were too edgy even for Ian.

New Order is too poppy imo.

The band were young, hungry and basically living the rock and roll dream, considering they came from shithole backgrounds where the school careers advisors would literally tell kids "you'll end up in a factory or warehouse for the rest of your life". Ian didn't help things by insisting that he was fine all the time despite having constant major seizures on stage.

no one watched Control?
Ian had already tried killing himself

Has anyone watched the movie Control? Is it worth a watch?

How the hell can they miss that? He sounded unstable on Unknown Pleasures too.

It's good even if you don't care for the band.

selfish prick, "oh i wish these people i never knew wouldve kept making music for me to consume"

She had already asked for a divorce and weren't living as a couple not long before his death

yeah him were suicidal. weird band not know this!

>kevin parker and britney spears
interesting

I lost pretty much all my friends due to depression, you're absolutely right

based HHH

decades' lyrics break my heart

Depression destroyed my almost 4 year long relationship.

I fucking hate it when I get depressed.

Funny you say that as if you were trying to shame him, as if the attitude you described is wrong or something
They knew and it's nothing to do with what you said. They realised that Curtis' image, lyrics and depression were like 50% of their selling points so they just milked it to its logical conclusion. Not that that's a bad thing.
A bit biased since it's pretty much the wife's words put to film, but it's enjoyable.

I thought it was surprisingly good, I expected decent, but it was better than decent. The pacing was amazing.

Isn't it great how we're all coincidentially battling crippling depression? It's like, we ALL get to be special!

At one point, one of the bandmates (can't remember who, probably Sumner) says to Curtis: "Could be worse. You could be the singer for The Fall" and they all laugh.

That's all you need to know.

>put on glasses that look like the kind her father wore
>base-level eccentricity
>dress 'weird XD'

Didn't he kill himself because Bono bullied him?