Hey, Sup Forums. What's your opinion on A Moon Shaped Pool? Or Radiohead, for that matter

Hey, Sup Forums. What's your opinion on A Moon Shaped Pool? Or Radiohead, for that matter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iA0cz5rijT4
youtube.com/watch?v=uPSAaVsTIqM
youtube.com/watch?v=Lal6AHWGozo
youtube.com/watch?v=BSwGJz9U8Mw
youtube.com/watch?v=dcNIv9XPg7M
youtube.com/watch?v=OpTZ3M17RAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like Radiohead. A moon shaped pool is their third best album.

i wanted lift

5th best Radiohead album

too short in particular glass eyes

I'd be interested in an expanded demos edition

I revisit it every 3-4 days, and I like it more every single time. It'll be one of those albums I listen to every couple months for like a decade. Same with In Rainbows, which I still listen to every 2-3 months.

I've found especially with the help of their latest output that Radiohead's music really grows on you with repeated listens

I was worried I would be disappointed after so much hype, but it's really solid.

Every radiohead album has a single song I dislike except this one. Good stuff.

its really good. i like it and listen to it quite a bit

jey jey -
with all this new live footage going up from the last two weeks - is any of it not-to-be-missed outstanding? on youtubes

I really liked this record, but it got boring really quickly.

shit

Radiohead are the most banal and insufferable band. They're literally *THE* entry-level, gateway band to 'proper' music, and their naive fans need to stop projecting all this bullshit onto them as if to say they're anything more than that.

If you consider yourself a Radiohead fan, then you simply need to listen to more music beyond the scope of the Sup Forums essentials and P4K. Radiohead are white bread and nothing more.

>They're literally *THE* entry-level, gateway band to 'proper' music
How is this a criticism? Entry-level isn't inherently bad, it just means accessible enough to appeal to those less familiar with art rock

Radiohead own the 90's and the 00's and they sure are better than pretentious bandcamp shit

Like Radiohead, hated the album. Found it too slow, boring, and one-dimensional. One of the most disappointing albums I've listened to recently.

I'll admit this was the first Radiohead album I listened to, since Burn The Witch caught my attention, and I enjoyed the whole album. reminded me of Damon Albarn's Everyday Robots, in its repressed tone and gloominess, but definitely more rock-oriented.

"I just browsed Sup Forums for the first time" : the thread

listen to the other albums right now man, you're missing out

AMSP is minimalistic crap imo. But there other albums are great.

Y'all fell for the bait.

Is it summer already?

>subtlety is bad!
>where are all the loud bangers and club remixes?

Right because that's definitely what he meant since there's only minimalism and head-bangers

I checked out Kid A right after I got through AMSP, good shit. Couldn't get into OK Computer though, but I'm going to give it a relisten

Should I try Amnesiac in the meantime?

Obviously not the best quality but here's some I enjoyed:

>Nude - the beginning is cute for one, but it actually ends up being a fantastic performance.
youtube.com/watch?v=iA0cz5rijT4

>Glass eyes
youtube.com/watch?v=uPSAaVsTIqM

>Exit music was nice
youtube.com/watch?v=Lal6AHWGozo

>Identikit is sexy tbqh
youtube.com/watch?v=BSwGJz9U8Mw

>Like Spinning Plates
youtube.com/watch?v=dcNIv9XPg7M

If you liked Kid A, you are gonna like Amnesiac and also In Rainbows because everyone likes In Rainbows.

Give Ok Computer more time, chances are that you will end up loving it.

amnesiac is disjointed but pyramid song and life in a glass house are certainly amongst two of the best radiohead songs.

not the previous user, just a fan

Oh yeah, I forgot true love waits, if you can tolerate the fuckwits screaming at the start.
youtube.com/watch?v=OpTZ3M17RAY

AMSP: pretty good f a m

Radiohead: one of the best bands i've ever heard

why are you asking what's Sup Forums's opinion on radiohead? they are like the most discussed band here.

Thanks for the info, grabbing the albums now

Fucking this. I hated Kid A and HTTT the first time I listened to them. By my sixth or seventh run through I was hardcore jamming out with no shame

yo, if you can check their b-sides too, imo the b-sides from amnesiac are up with their best work.

White bread is objectively the best bread
>Muh fiber
>Muh Paleo

Kill yourself

Reslly good album. Don't think tinker and true love waits work well together. Individually good songs, but probably would have been better if another song replaced one.

Desert island reminds me of six organs of admittance. I like it now.

Would have been a 10/10 if lift somehow made it on there.

It is a largely uninspiring album that manages to stick in my head so I keep going back to play it. And it seems to get better every time, but it's not without its flaws (I'm not a huge fan of the soft singing, for example).

My dad compared it to "cafe music"

Its ok but im not a huge fan. In Rainbows is much better

whats his aotysf?

This

It's probably the worst name they could ever give. I can't even say it correctly

I don't think it's bad, I just like their other albums better.

>m-muh subtlety
Kek

Not muh subtlety, more like there is nothing wrong with it.

I love this copypasta

Yeah, but when an album is so boring I have to force myself to sit through the whole thing then there is something wrong with it. AMSP is just plain lazy. Thom could shit out an album like it once a year.

How is it lazy?

AMSP is lazy indeed. I was expecting them to don't give a fuck about what people said about TKOL, kept going doing their thing and exploring new things.
This album is just fan service to please everybody, no wonder 95% of the radiohead lover enjoy it.
After 6 listens the album doesn't hold up and it becomes really dull to listen to. 5/10 at best.

Indentikit is the only good song Radiohead has ever recorded

>indentikit

It's top tier material in my book. Not their best ever of course but really damn good.

HTTT is easily one of the best things they've ever done and ever will do.

Speaking the truth, my man! Can't believe they haven't played WIEAYB yet this tour.

Love it

The singles are the worse tracks on the album though

Moon Shaped Pool is a pretty good album, perhaps a little too polished and consistent for its own good, the songs can blend into each other.
It's a slow burner to be sure though, it's not an immediate listen like a lot of Radiohead's other releases.

Anybody else think the tracklisting doesn't flow well? Like BTW to daydreaming feels awkward

That particular transition is awkward, but I dunno where else you'd put burn the witch. Aside from that I have zero complaints.

what tracklist you propose?

Can see why people might not like btw, but daydreaming? It's pyramid song/reckoner tier imo.

>Top tier

Burn the witch
Decks dark
Ful stop
Identikit
The numbers

>Good tier

Daydreaming

>Ok tier

Desert island disk
Present tense
True love waits

>Meh tier

Tinker tailor...
Glass eyes

It just seemed like a song I'd listen to in the backround or something and not really pay attention to.. A little underwhelming

What the fuck

xD

really forgettable and average, nothing interesting.
the only redeeming track is Decks Dark and it's not even that good.

2016 would've to be a really shitty year for this to be in my top 50-100.

look mom, I posted it again dot jpg

>i numerically number albums
>i put songs in to tiers
>i rate and rank albums from best to worse

he is a patrician, though. you cannot deny his good taste. his opinions have been cross checked by the finest music experts on Sup Forums

Objective radiohead ranking

Kid A> OKC> AMSP=IR>Amnesiac> Hail To The Thief> The Bends>>TKOL>>>PH

daydreaming was the only good song. after hearing it first, I was expecting the album to be god tier. was let down ;~;

NEXT

more like a moon shaped poo

>was let down

hey, there's nothing wrong with let down!

let down is my favorite song of theirs :3

I can't really grasp this album yet, but Radiohead as a whole is a pretty damn good band. Only recently discovered them.

In Rainbows is amazing.

>Can't get into TKOL
opinion disregarded pleb. that's their best album, they just forgot their fanbase was too plebian for something as interesting as that.