Is being an audiophile a sign of autism?

Is being an audiophile a sign of autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fr8O_jZhpl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ya. it's crazy the amount of pics I see where these dudes have high end speakers in their living room with no acoustic treatment.

yes and so is collecting album art and sorting genres in your musicbee

It could be. Depends on how the audiophile acts. If he has to leave a room because a song is mixed poorly, or he can't talk (as in, physically cannot construct a coherent sentence) or type because a song is too distracting even though it's not at a loud volume, then he might be autistic.
If he just complains about quality a lot, though, he's probably just a massively obnoxious faggot.

Audiophoolery is "autism," those who fall for snake oil solutions like uber-expensive cables, cable risers, Mpingo discs, and other such nonsense.

Being a reasonable audiophile isn't, though. A great system will enhance your listening experience and bring out elements in the music you've never heard.

>sorting genres in your musicbee
People use musicbee?

>people use itunes, wmp, or foobar2000

pleb

When I see systems that have to cost hundreds of thousand of dollars in the homes of people who look like they live in standard middle class American houses I have to wonder what drives them. Can it be classified as a mental illness?

Good question. And, yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=fr8O_jZhpl4

Was it autism?

>implying you wouldn't want to have all this shit anyway

Hey, are Sennheiser HD 201 great headphones?

I listen music at 320kbps/44100hz on my FiiO X1.

P.S. I also have HD 598 but outside they don't isolate shit.

NOW this is white privilege

Speaking of which, I haven't gotten my monthly whiteness cheque in the mail yet

Me either

I will be calling the White Council this morning to inquire

starving children in africa

Not necessarily

you know this shit looks really easy to rob

They're okay and sturdy, mine have lasted for years which is a miracle considering the price.
If you want actual audiophile stuff you'll need to shell out way more, though.

Found the african

>can't even hear the drummer fart

If you're producing aren't you supposed to make the music sound good on the shittest speakers imaginable

if you got common sense about you you'll make precautions when producing to lose as little fidelity from the original recordings as possible