Consult a search engine before posting.
Prev:

Attached: VNTO4RGF.jpg (1024x768, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seancassidy.me/h264-and-vp8-compared.html,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>was about to say I haven't had a problem so far
>suddenly internet connections issues
Maybe I'll just wipe it and reinstall Manjaro Budgie or XCFE for now. That or find something else to try.

Attached: 1521975888996.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

I hereby curse you and your children and your children's children to be half nigger, and then 3/4s nigger. Following with full nigger-ship on the last batch.

My old Sennheiser HD215s from 2010 became damaged recently. The right channel isn't emitting any sound. The left channel works fine. What could likely be the cause of the problem? They were exposed often to weather elements, wind, rain et cetera. I was a bit hasty and unsoldered the wire leading into the right speaker assembly, presuming the wire just needs to be replaced. Could the wire be the source of the issue? If so, would any wire of a similar guage work fine as a replacement?

Attached: IMG_20180325_121057.jpg (1280x960, 174K)

Why do brown eyes with blonde hair make my penis become so hard?

Attached: 1508645314272.jpg (1192x856, 115K)

Attached: callisto jail break.webm (428x398, 2.94M)

Attached: 01-08 .gif (288x216, 2.33M)

>implying I'll have children
nice try

Attached: 1453736539742.jpg (413x395, 15K)

Where the hell can I get a wifi router with optical in other than from my ISP?
Every search for a wifi router with optical in turns up lists of 'best wifi routers for fibre internet, none of which have optical in.

Attached: resignation.gif (400x267, 152K)

[spoiler]Is there a 300 reply limit on Sup Forums now or something?[/spoiler]
I'm thinking of hosting some dumb shit on my shared hosting plan.
I'll probably register an anonymous domain for it, but is it possible to trace me as the owner if it's linked to my current shared hosting service? Sites registered in my name point to the hosting plan currently.

Mostly I just want a place to throw up dumb internet stuff anonymously. I hardly care really, but I'm too cheap to shell out for more hosting.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 7K)

it has been 310 on Sup Forums and Sup Forums for a long time.
Sup Forums and Sup Forums have 500 I think.

Depends on how the shared hosting is implemented.
If your sites share their public IP with a lot of other people's sites, I would guess there's probably no way for someone ( that's not law enforcement with a warrant) to link your dumb shit site to your regular ones.
Probably. Your sites might have a common internal IP or a HTTP server setting a server version header that's unlike the majority of other sites and the shared hosting service's reverse HTTP proxy might not be concealing that.

I'm trying to learn networking, and I want to set up an onboard system for two goals:
1 a firewall I can learn to configure and harden
2 a packet inspection/IPS/IDS

I'm using a virtualbox machine with Pfsense to use my hosts' eth0 as its' WAN, and a virtual eth as LAN, which is then connected to my host. I have had some success with this setup.

Now my objective is to install security onion inline before my host as an IDS.

Should I put it on the outer perimeter before PFsense, or in the inner perimeter between pfsense and my host?

>>Inb4 thats not secure because virtualbox.

Yeah, I know. I still want to find the best way to set this config up.

Although if anyone has a better idea on how to use or setup a similarly virtualised security system, I'm all ears

Hello, since I can't even use google because I don't know what to even search for:

I still use a dumbphone and thus am completely out of the picture on smartphones.
I want to get a phone case as a gift for a Samsung Galaxy J3. Now this one is extremely rare because it's all S3 or S9 or whatever and I wondered if the J3 has the same case as one of those so I could just get such a case because the range is so much larger.

tl;dr: Can I put cases for other phones on the Samsung J3?

Hosting is Hostgator actually.

If it's something where somebody has to go into any way deep HTTP server indentification/fingerprinting then I'm probably fine with that. I just don't want to risk getting stalked by some internet autist and having to explain to what a meme in in any restraining orders.

Attached: bow2.jpg (1600x900, 105K)

Doesn't it depend on the dimensions? Just search for the dimensions of the phones and see from that if the case will fit.

Laptop dual-booting Windows 7/Xubuntu idles at about 3% CPU usage on both operating systems. Yet Windows idles about 20 degrees hotter. Any ideas why?

>try NoScript
>most websites don't work anymore
Literally what's the point?

The point is to whitelist the minimum number of script sources needed to make sites you visit often work and being able to then browse them without tracking.
That said, use uMatrix instead.

I'm a complete retard when it comes to desktops. I don't use them often.

I have an old Compaq Presario SR2000. It's been sitting in my storage room for a few years, and last night I decided to pull it out and fiddle around with it. Initially, it was having some issues starting up & was giving me a beep code, but that was remedied after reseating the RAM.

But now, I am trying to connect the computer to wireless, and I just can't get the damn thing to work. Do I need to set up a network? It's currently running Windows Vista.

so two of my drives are in a windows software raid but im using them on linux fine just using ldmtool to create/map the drive and then just mounting it. i have a simple two line shell script but it requires root privilege so i have to type in the password when i run it. how can i run this as root at boot automatically? looked it up and some shit was saying through init.d and others were saying no init.d is deprecated do it this way and fuck

There's a very good chance that the computer doesn't have a wireless network adapter.

>GNOME update fell today in stable arch
>right click on my trackpad doesn't work anymore

libinput debug-events shows that it still properly detects right clicks, so it's not a driver issue.

Did GNOME went too far in copying OSX?
What do?

>Read local story about autist making bomb threats and generally larping as maniac
>Gets backtraced
>Go through his computer and find a few files, but the rest is encrypted
>Demand access to encrypted files
>Refuses to give them it
>Say if he doesn't give them it they'll send it back to the manufacturer to access it and he'll be charged under the terrorism act because they know it blatantly holds files and folders related to bomb making
>Tells them to send it back to the manufacturer then because he won't give them access and never denies that their suspicions are correct
>This goes on for literally months
>In the end they can't gain access and he's given a lesser charge because can't get past encryption

What the fuck kind of encryption is this that the police can't crack it and neither can the manufacturer? I've never really give a shit about encryption or anything, but lately there's been a huge spate of burglaries and my security (both domicile and computer) aren't great. I figure an encryption like the one this memer had is the cheapest and safest option. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

that machine doesn't come with a wifi adapter (it does have a dialup modem though)
you'll need to get a usb or pci wifi adapter to connect it to wireless
it appears to only have one pci-e slot, which you'll likely want to reserve for a graphics card, so don't get a pci-e wifi adapter

Does using an UPS draws more energy from the wall than just using a normal surge protector? Also what happens if I connect a 650w psu to a 500w UPS, or a on a way higher 1000w UPS?

If I have a folder which hardlinked to another folder in another drive, what would happened to the first folder if I remove the 2nd drive?

Attached: 1521925884884.jpg (483x495, 24K)

Wouldn't the first folder still be there, but if you opened it it would say the path was missing or whatever?

#
Thanks so much, man. It's not technically my computer and I haven't touched it in so long, I had no idea. Getting an adapter isn't a problem. Thanks again.

I thought I recognized this shot

Attached: ballista.gif (300x225, 3.95M)

Would the folder have size, or all of them are 0 bytes?

I think the first folder would have 0 bytes because everything stored in it would be removed with them being saved on a different drive.

GPG, Veracrypt, LUKS, ecryptfs
Basically any modern cipher with a sufficently complex password.
Most closed source encryption solutions ( Bitlocker, Apple's full disk encryption) probably don't get backdoors wheeled out for "area man" crackpots, but do for bigger fish.

So the difference between symlink and hardlink is just that the latter would have icons if the link is broken while the former would not have icons at all?

Thanks, I'll look into those. I found it unlikely that they couldn't gain access and that they just didn't pursue it because of the cost involved.

>Other device improvements include:
>All touchpads now use a gesture for secondary click (the equivalent to right click on a mouse) by default. To use the gesture, keep one finger in contact with the touchpad and tap with another finger. In many cases this replaces tapping areas of the touchpad as the default secondary click method. A choice between the two behaviors is available in the Tweaks application.

>disabled right click by default
>improvement

Th-thanks, GNOME!

What are some worthwhile commands to run on startup in i3? I run a compositor, my wallpaper, and disable the touchpad. Anything else I should be doing?

Attached: i3.jpg (693x800, 51K)

So I have a Linux partition and a Windows partition. I recently got a new drive to store media for Windows, letting me reduce the size of my windows partition. The problem is now I want to use the unallocated space behind my Linux partition for Linux, but I can't expand the Linux partition to space behind it, only in front of it. How can I fix this?

move the partition left, then resize it
gparted can do this

HDD clicks for the last year but works perfectly. Is it on the way out or can it be fixed?

The clicking is very irritating.

Thanks, realized I was trying to expand the logical partition past the extended one, so that's why it wasn't working.

No. Buy a new one. They are really cheap now.

Anyone have experience with using Tor on their mobile device? From what I understand, there are so many data collection service on your cellphone that it would make you easily identifiable.

how do i dox a guy? he is a communist shit who reports "hate speech" to the security agencies.
i have his first name, place where he lives, his e-mail, his reddit account, his youtube (he only mirrors stuff), his twitter which is locked, him posting in a HAM google group few years ago (which is illegal in my country), his imgur profile with only one album in it, and various forums with no bigger significance.
what would you do in my place?
also he has steam acc related to his e-mail but i can't find his account name through "forgotten password" like i usually do.

Can I automatically repair Ubuntu like I can with windows using "system restore", is there a command that restores the OS but keeps the files?

Idk if there's a built in program for that, but Timeshift is exactly a tool built for backup and restoring data.

How do i check libinput configuration? My trackpoint scrolling stopped working and my mouse randomly scrolls up a bit while I'm scrolling down and vice versa.

Attached: 1507616542187.jpg (1200x1200, 44K)

Can I eliminate risk of static shocks by building my pc naked on a hardwood floor?

How the fuck do I edit raw registry files in winblows? And no, those are from an old windows install, can't use registry editor.

Attached: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (432x159, 19K)

How dumb is it to make a diy nas with a rpi? Thinking of usb 2.0 bottlenecking

open regedit, select HKU or HKLM and click file > load hive, then select your hive (as in your picture)

Oh wow that worked. Thanks a lot, user!

Anyone using SIP or XMPP? Do the parties have to use the same clients for VOIP?

>browse memes
>win10 image viewer
>what is this?
>an edit/draw feature
>mess about with it
>save
>reopen the jpeg
>it is ANIMATED

What is this? Can someone else view the drawing animation? It is not even a gif.

Attached: Teach-me.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Hey anons, I hope you've been having an adequate day.
My question is as follows:
In my job, I have to do a Google hangouts conference with fellow employees for updates, progress, etc. However, my current audio is a fairly ghetto setup.
Currently, I'm using an old wireless gaming headset I have from about 4 years ago, and while it's okay, with the microphone on, it doesn't last anywhere near as long as with the microphone off. It also has a slight buzzing noise while the microphone is on, which gets a little annoying over time, since it's audible while even loud music is playing.
How do I configure my audio so it's as good as it can be on a cheap chink mic?
Also, I know I should ask this on /csg/, but are there good amd/dac setups available on something like Aliexpress?

>decide i wanna play an old dos game
>fuck around on shitty internet and find a good windows 95 iso
>30 minutes later it finally installs
>get shitty vm program so it can run 95
>try using iso file in vm program
>doesnt work worth a fuck
>try old shitty win 7 iso file
>works perfectly fine

i have the 95 iso file still, and win 10 wont run the setup file for some odd reason, can someone tell an idiot what to do next dos games online is trash i dont wanna try that shit again.

My old keyboard I've been using for 4 years stopped working, so maybe it's time to get a new one like a mechanical keyboard. But I have a couple questions.
What are the benefits from using a mechanical keyboard vs. a regular one? My old keyboard was an HP SK-2026.
Are there mechanical Keyboards that don't have light up bullshit?
What's a decent mechanical keyboard for someone who's never used one before.

Attached: large_1541_Disco_PRIMARY.jpg (1600x920, 522K)

I'm looking for good books on
>Handling and processing large amounts of data / database engine design
>GUI engine design
Any good ones out there?

Thank you in advance, have some 3dpd.

Attached: 15764478.jpg (850x1511, 247K)

DOSbox

Can garbage like this be caused by a faulty DVI cable? Unfortunately I don't have a spare one laying around to test out. Or is it more likely to happen because of a faulty GPU? Is there a diagnostics tool I can run to try and narrow down the reasons why this shit is happening?

I've fucked around with different drivers just in case they would help but I'm getting the same issue, and I haven't tried reseating it yet.

Attached: P80325-105223.jpg (2560x1440, 2.03M)

Forgot to mention that I'm not seeing garbage on my secondary display which is hooked up to the same card but via HDMI.

tried running all the programs, and it still wont run, do you think that its just i have a shitty version of it.

Attached: illegalcommand.png (648x122, 2K)

>want to move out and live with a friend
>he wants to buy "google home"

I don't know much about this, but sounds like a huge red flag. What can you guys tell me about it? Sounds like a botnet.

It's okay for some minor convenience, I suppose. I got one for free one day through a special at the shops, where you spend $200 at once and get a (((free))) Google Home Mini.
It's okay. Doesn't take up too much room. It has a "Stop" voice feature, and it can recognise "Shut the fuck up" as "Stop", so that's pretty fun.

Any good software to keep track of personal tasks?

Grouping, taging, maybe geofencing ("when going to the city: try the new fastfood truck, cut hair, get catfood"), estimating time, assigning priority.
vieving history and some KPI

Sync to multiple devices is nice but I'd rather prefer a fully local instance that signing up for yet another botnet

don't use gnome

Is malwarebytes and avast the best combo?

assuming its just the wire and not the driver yeah. Just rewire it.

What's a good WM to use?
I'm using kde plasma right now, but I have issues with horrible tearing when I connect my second monitor. Tried playing with the internal compositor and enabling TearFree amdgpu setting in xorg.conf to no avail.
Compton doesn't seem to work in kde either

I'd rather to use stacking wm over tiling though

For the first 3 pins of the SATA power connector it says that the first 2 are 3.3v power and the 3rd is for a hard reset switch, I taped over the 2nd and 3rd pins in order to block that reset switch (since my legacy PSU causes problems with it and the drive will fail to spin up) and left only the 1st 3.3v input open, is this ok? The guide said to cover all 3 but the piece of tape I cut was a bit too thin and could only cover 2 of them, but the drive does seem to spin up fine like this.

How do I create a text document in which I type in a font that can't be translated to other fonts?
I ask because I have a code that functions like an alphabet, each english letter has a symbol. I want to type a journal somewhere where the text can't be deciphered to the english alphabet. Thanks

>I want to type a journal somewhere where the text can't be deciphered to the english alphabet. Thanks
If your just using your own alphabet this would be easy to decipher if your just replacing each letter for a symbol

Wouldnt it be easier to just have it on an encrypted thumb drive?

how do i get tree view on Sup Forums x

A friend of a friend got her phone infected. I've never really done much cleaning it antivirus stuff on a phone, just PC.
Any recommendations or guides for cleaning it?

I don't care, I don't know any cryptographers and I'm basically just trying to keep normies out of my journal, and everyone knows how to change the font.

Maybe, but that's less favorable in my opinion. Is it possible to edit documents on a flash drive without having any of the data stored on my PC?

In the unlikely event someone else was curious about this too, I found that Mikrotik hAP AC fits the description.

Why does Linux often use Gibibytes instead of Gigabytes? Everyone knocks MS for doing the same, but Linux is just as bad. I'm looking at gparted and it's using MiB and GiB, but at least it's labeled as such. Thunar uses MiB and GiB but labels the units as MB and GB. I know other file managers do the same thing. Is there a way to fix this without diving into the source code?

If I have a 3840x2160 60Hz monitor, shouldn't I realistically be able to get it running at 1920x1080 120Hz?
Also, are there any inherent issues, aside from possibly different physical sizes (Eg. 34 inch vs 27 inch) if I were to get a 1920x1080/2560x1440 100Hz+ monitor alongside the 4k 60Hz? Would the differences in refresh rates be screwy at all?
Lastly, what's taken companies so long to come out with 4k 120Hz monitors? I know there's not a lot of affordable hardware that can push 4k 120Hz in games, which I'd imagine is a big driving force in the push for higher resolution with higher refresh rate monitors, but why wouldn't they just do it to, I don't know, pressure video card manufacturers to get their shit together?
Sorry, I'm still on an old dual 1366x768 setup, and am interested in buying new monitors, so going for probably a dual 1080p-1440p, plus a 4K on the side or something.

just archive/zip the document up with a password and no normie should be able to fuck with it.

Conspiracy theory: display panel manufacturers have been able to drive down production costs on 60Hz+lower resolution panels. By keeping the high end shit at a high price, they can sell the low end stuff at a greater profit. The fact that not many GPUs can push that many pixels at 120Hz is just an additional driving force.

I need to buy a video camcorder for recording me putting things in my butt. Where are review sites/recommendations?

>dude

Why is firefox telling me
>Your connection is not secure

>The owner of www.google.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

>This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

And only allows me to connect to Sup Forums?

Will leather jacket man be announcing the next line of GTX cards today or this week?

Attached: 1474455211991.jpg (800x1200, 89K)

You've been compromised. Run security scans because something is probably intercepting you and serving you with fake pages.

are you getting man-in-the-middled?

no one should be using gigabytes. ever. data storage manufacturers use them to make their numbers look better to idiots.

How much of a difference quality-wise is there between -deadline best and -deadline good when encoding VP8/VP9?
Both the Webm Project and FFmpeg documentation advise to use good over best because of the increased encoding speed (FFmpeg also claims that best sometimes delivers worse results than good), but there's little beyond that. I only found one graph here seancassidy.me/h264-and-vp8-compared.html, but those results were old even back when they got first posted and concentrate mostly on comparing H.264 to VP8.

>data storage manufacturers use them to make their numbers look better to idiots.
actually those idiots are the first ones to say "WD/Seagate/whatever have false advertising, the box says 2TB but it's always less".

My father is bugging me to install a cyanogen or something on his Huawei Nova. What CFW/OS is best for this thing? It's a CAN-L11

PLEASE RESPOND

Has anyone in here tried to turn a raspberry pi in a mame/snes/nes/etc emulator? Is it hard? Does it work well? Is it fun?

By then they've already bought the product. They're making a decision seeing 1.82 GiB vs 2 GB. Which do you think they're going to buy?

it's called lineageOS now.
alternative roms probably on xda-developers

I'm pretty ignorant about the actual materials, but is there something limited in graphics cards that's increasing the price? Or is it just simple economics where people are blaming the consumer for the greed of the company, like with Vidya dlc and supermarket food waste?

I got a Gear 2 as a gift, but apparently it's not compatible with my phone because linking with the app always fails. Is there no way to force compatibility with an Android phone?

Attached: 1460564486924.png (958x720, 895K)

help

isn't there all kinds of bullshit metadata involved? I really don't know a thing, I used to think that the document on your desktop is the only thing that exists in the context of that document, but can't it be found in other sneaky ways?

Theres a lot of demand because of the crypto currency boom, so they are being bought up faster. Greedy vendors see this and increase the price, because they know crypto-tards will buy it.

Cheapest non-TN 1440p 61Hz+ monitor?

Attached: IMG_1443.jpg (564x939, 132K)