ITT: overrated labels

ITT: overrated labels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NQdM0OdLwWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

underrated desu

Its a pretty cool label actually. Nor really overrated unless you dont like electronic music. Same goes for Warp records.

kinda agree but they do put out god-tier shit sometimes.

Aw I like all these labels though....Just because they have all had decent success doesn't mean they are overrated. What other similar sized electronic labels do you prefer? none of those niche imprints either.

warp did nothing wrong

I dont think r and s are bad i just think fuckbois are too quick to claim them as the best uk based label.

Shit their Belgium based. Thats embarrassing.

elephant in the room

Lobster Therameme

L.I.E.S.

InnerVisions

Great labels

lol no
maybe if u are clueless

Dream Catalogue
Brainfeeder
Captured Tracks

Only about a quarter of Hyperdub's releases are actually any good, even fewer are truly amazing.

lol no

Still pretty cool, but overrated as fuck

Only accurate answer ITT so far

yes

no

hot creations, innervisions, drumcode, sacred bones, ascetic house, get physical

kode9, laurel halo and ikonika are below average
zomby is plain shit
only burial and rashad were any good but the first one started making sjw vaporvawe and the second one is dead

>kode9 is below average
loool
u are clueless or something?
youtube.com/watch?v=NQdM0OdLwWw

Also, there's a bit more to Hyberdub than that.

laurel halo is great and "i disagree with him politically" is not an actual criticism

burger recs

how can you be so wrong

meant to quote

no

>"i disagree with him politically"
negro sprinkles is one of my fav artists

will has revealed himself to be a no talent wanker with rival dealer and that keysound release, fuck him

post 1 kode9 tune that isn't either an interesting listen or won't go off inna dance then

yes, they have like 4 shit releases for every good one

what is wrong with rival dealer apart from you disagreeing with it politically?

Profound Lore and Season of Mist

T H I S
john zorn is so fucking bad

>what is wrong with rival dealer apart from you disagreeing with it politically?
1. it's pretentious
2. outside of the first track, it's grooveless wank

if I wanted to listen to post-ironic """"music"""" where the message dominates the quality of the music I'd go into a bandcamp thread

Yah, though Warp was fine up until the mid '00s. I do like the Hardly Art imprint though.

have u listened to any recent warp releases apart from the ship and elseq? they are dominated by third rate art pop acts and uninventive genre music atm

That's not even a label, Orange Twin is the label

they had a good run for 15 years straight, that's the only thing that matters

they've done some cool things like the pic related series but yeah alongside that you have future brown and hudmo

all labels run out of steam at some point but they had a good run. I'd say at least ae and opn are still putting out good stuff and patten is alright sometimes but yeah their a&r is just pure shit now honestly. they aren't interested in innovation, I mean grizzly bear? and of course they only sign mohawke AFTER he went to shit.