/daily/ - "No" edition

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

topsters.net/
>resurrected, but [not] working (!)

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Most importantly, no.

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

thewire.co.uk/news/41436/33-33-japan-london-series
twitter.com/AnonBabble

for the demiboys

second for throw termish out of the house

>tfw finally gonna do /daily/ next month
>tfw have listening schedule planned out and everything
>tfw finally gonna dig into that backlog

A fate worse than death.

I listened to Kenny Burrell's midnight blue. Like most early jazz guitar records I've heard is slow paced, mellow and bluesy. I am not crazy about this kind of thing but it's nice. I enjoyed it.
Still, does anybody know any other more active jazz guitarists (besides Bailey or Sharrock) that don't just play fusion?

What are you planning on listening?

hmmm
meme happening

listenalong in 2.5 hours!
why am I trapped now? D:
what's the thing in front of sshx's room?

How did I go from my own room to sharing a room in between literally the worst two rooms.

never done the sync listenalong before
think i will today
even if i'm not the biggest prog fan

I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO EVERY SINGLE SARAH RECORDS RELEASE, I WILL BE BACK WHEN I AM DONE
i will probably be tired to death of twee pop

the rooms are not exactly shared
i just simplified the map for now
there should be a smol gap between gausshauss and kanzler/karenin
it's a punishment
drama

Hello, lads I am back cause it's night. I've got a new chart that may cause me to s/t so I won't do it till I'm done with my tourney.

>Mark And is the leader
Wew lad what did I do to have such a position?

jesus christ this chart
>vengaboys

ur a commie so its a bonus

Oh I think you missed something in the last thread but to keep my position, yeah sure.

I bet 10 meme points you won't finish this
maybe not even start it
nice, usually the sync audience hates the albums, so you'll probably be in good company

I also bet 10 meme points I won't finish this desu.

>he thinks he can be tired of twee

>orz is not even in the newbies section
Man, you people really did not like the guy

what do red and white lines signify?

source for drama
white ones signify being on good terms with
so uve got a mixed one buddy, that's pretty epick

>source for drama
Now that is spicy

i put the loud newbie room closer to sdc
so it would annoy him
mark it is your duty to bring communism to the territory

Sounds like a good plan. I should listen to more of Sarah's catalogue.

Sdc's already commie though. In fact, one of the reasons why I started commieing things up more is because he accused me of not seizing the means of production.

damn...
desu i prolly shat on you guys too much back when teammate spam was a thing but i'm digging this love-hate dynamic.
I wouldn't say dog/cunt is a source for drama, dog wouldn't bite and sdc just memes.
I'd put a white one between kanz/karenin/gauss/mort.

yes
that is why it is your duty to bring communism there and not disturb sdc
u mean the threemate spam
dog-cunt drama is a capitalist-commie meme

yeah that one whole herd is just made for peace and neutrality

What is the whole teammate stuff?

Ah. I'll do my best.

do u have skype

I want a normie room desu
Who wants to be in my normie room?

terminus/misha/trangod spent a couple of months circlejerking in thread about their magical friendship/sekrit klub which was kind of annoying

*smell of incense intensifies*
*faint Current 93 tune playing in the background*
*esoteric memes enter from the fifth dimension*

that's threemates
threemates is ded

that's the spirit

you are not a normie god fuckign damnit

:(

So it was a Skype group? Is this the only one or is there one for all the boys?

there's deco which started off as an attempt to collectively create music but now is crippling depression general as far as I'm concerned (never got into that fuckfest, thank fuck)

misha created a new teammates skype group yesterday which will probably die in a few weeks

theres a deco/daily skype group. deco was initially a daily musician group project skype thing. now its more like just daily the skype group
teammates existed before threemates and were formed ironically out of the banjo gyro vid in plug dj times (termi-mish-jim jazz)
termi n mish were more active at that time so it got its second teammate phase
then they thought trans cuck is a good idea
there was a sepparate threemates group
but threemates would meme way 2 hard in sync
trans cuck went 2 far
trans cuck out
teammates were back to its original trio form
herb recently added
new skype group formed for teammates the 4
its just memes but naturally more relevant to the group

i invite you to join deco tho

Deleting a ton of stuff on my library I downloaded and no longer feel like going through.
Might listen to something later.
How about you?

s y n c b o y z

Interesting story. Deco seems cool. I haven't been using Skype much lately though. Discord has been more convenient for me desu.
Gonna join in for listenalong after dinner and give the first album in Jandek's spoken word trilogy for my calendar.

I can't believe that I'm not more hungover today. I got absolutely shitfaced. Played caps for several hours. There was a tournament and I got to the final where I got completely demolished and had to drink like half a bottle of booze really quickly. And then kept playing. And then threw up all over my boiler suit so I got to borrow jeans and a shirt from a girl, which made me look really 90s and was cool as fuck.

Then I ordered ten tequila shots at the bar. Why?

god i love amazing bulk

>Dorothy Carter - Waillee Waillee
The Dulcimer is probably the dreamiest instrument. Contrary to her first album, this is a little less focused on performing traditional music but instead using folk influences to create psych folk. A lot of songs have a very melancholic feel, caused by the frequently haunting instrumentation and Carter's voice. The highlights includes Summer Rhapsody where the fast duclimer playing of Carter is met by an intriguing drone, and the title track which is a surprising pop song, very serene. I might prefer this to her first album by a small margin.
9/10

>David Thomas Broughton -- The Complete Guide to Insufficiency
It's rare to encounter albums that mix such intricate and hypnotic guitar playing and fantastic vocals. The result is a calm, but emotionally powerful album with some of the most beautiful melodies and vocals I've ever heard.
8/10

Preparing a P&P session
listening to something from my chart
and joining the listenalong later

listening to some of the recs i received earlier this week while preparing an upcoming exam. i can think of better days to waste a sunday afternoon
>P&P session
what does that stand for?

can I take the empty room next to mort?
I can pay rent I assure you.

don't skip the singles, Crush the Flowers is amazing

Pen & Paper

I need to listen to that Dorothy Carter album, i really liked Troubadour.

If you need a roommate it looks like I don't have a place to live there. Also what are the red and white lines?

empty is a person, not a room. rewd
u should team up with someone

empty is still active?

he's active in sync at least. so we could just put him in the sync room it would be his responsibility to take care of it so he gets to live there

oh, so like D&D? sounds nice

isn't this what the secret syncbox is for?
yeah, just like that, but in a Lovecraftian setting
it's fun

Lulu is good. Do that first
Lulu when?

today probably, if you want that

Listenalogn in sync now!

join here:

Tortoise's TNT and Fishmans' Uchu Nippon Seyagata feel like two flipsides of the same coin: they both take parts of what I loved most about their previous album (Long Season’s slow builds/Millions Now Living’s melodic, blissed out jazz-rock á la Glass Museum) and flesh that idea out to the point where it becomes kinda samey. Fishmans boast some killer tracks (Pokka Pokka, Weather Report, Walking in the Rhythm, Daydream), but the other half of the record sounds like uninspired, less gripping takes on the same brand of slow, suffocating stoner pop. It makes the record, which as a whole isn’t bad at all, a drag to sit through.
Tortoise’s record, in contrast, is consistently great and as such manages to keep its sameyness engaging for a much longer stretch of time. It’s just so meticulously crafted in every sense of the word; its melodies are gorgeous, the playing is fantastic, it sounds near perfect and the general atmosphere is just so deliciously blissed out. It almost makes me forget about its lack of variety. Some vocals would’ve been nice though.

Tfw not in this
-benji

thewire.co.uk/news/41436/33-33-japan-london-series

Oh nvm

what
ur literally next to sdc
dont meme

who /postingopiniontenminutesintothealbum/ here?

You.

Yes. You?

why would I?

No. Not me.

idk why not?

music is serious business

sync = pub round the corner
deco =? light music club room

literally the only flaw of that attack attack album is that every song sounds the same. and it probably has the greatest intro track of any (metal) album so theres that

wrong it was kind of fun

Shaggs are legitimately coolio, Lulu isn't as bad as people make it out to be

Hi

Will do Lulu first then.
I'll take your word for it.
Yeah I assumed Lulu isn't that terrible but I'm not expecting it to be that good.

Mornin' daily!

Thrift store tourney participants:

>yo boi jangle
>∆3
>ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ
>nyar
>Comet
>co
>fish
>natkingcole
>Kevorkian
>Mortimer
>Mark And Jez (maybe)
>Kanzler
>Moregwessor Movenglut

That's 13, and I think a good place to cap it at, so there it is!
YOU HAVE 1 WEEK TO BUY.
Must take pic of the disc in-store as well as of receipt after.

Idk man, thrift store budget? You shouldn't have to spend for than $4 or so.
Don't buy like a $30 CD that buddy from the music store rec'd you because it's super cool and rare or anything.

Also did Shamepai off himself last thread on account of the anime bashing?

Who has the best cheekbones in this image?

Goddammit my computer loses all memory every time I shut to down, no trip saved, no passwords, ...fuck that's annoying

wow is Mizutani holding a drop bear?

Shamepai's banned for avatar posting and he said he would take a break from /daily/ and maybe Sup Forums in general but will drop in from time to time.

>Idk man, thrift store budget? You shouldn't have to spend for than $4 or so.
sounds fair
just thought it would be unfair to allow too expensive stuff

Is the receipt necessary if there's a price tag on the CD? because I doubt I'll get a receipt on a flea market

memed fast, died new
rip

If it's a flea market then that's all good, maybe snap a pic next to a cardboard sign that says "CD's $3 each" or something to that effect

too sad to edit

tfw I get my own room

will do!
I'm hyped for this
still not sure if I should try my luck at a flea market, a thrift store or a record store

weak

>my own room
>near the kitchen
>even have a rug
nice

>tfw i'm hungover, my knee hurts, a qt neighboor needed to support so i could walk straight last night and i'll feel stupid the next time i'll see her, and i just bought 10 euros of DUDE 420 LMAO from a crustie even tho smoking DUDE often makes me anxious

Music for these feels ?
I listen to the first Single Gun Theory album and it's pretty cool, even tho Stars in my Hand is better... They sound like Cocteau Twins trying to make some happy triphop anyway, ànd are sadly overlooked by worldwide music nerds.
I also listened to the two first pieces of Eliane Radigue's Trilogie de la Mort, it's truly mental that some drones with such tiny variations can sound like cosmic revelations from Buddha himself.
I plan to listen to the final piece later thos day.

incoming

I'm probably going to do a few; I just went through all the records/cd's at the flea market yesterday so I'm debating being that weird guy that goes back and re-looks through everything the day after.

heh, I was that guy before
same day, just later

>Mom found the Musical Abortions

Hey, I'm back from the LARP thing. It was fucking awesome but now I'm tired as hell so I'll go too sleep at 6pm (last night I slept 4 hours)

What have you done in your week-end?

Album of the week
>Takahiro Kawaguchi & Utah Kawasaki - Amorphous Spores
This is an interesting collection of field recordings and noises released last year on Erstwhile, who have had some quality releases recently. This is one of my favorites of that genre so far.

Others
>Autechre - elseq 1-5
A sprawling collection of glitches and bangers. The general consensus seems to be that 4 is the best and I'd have to agree, although I think these really blend together. There is a lot to hear here and multiple relistens are rewarding.

>Makigami Koichi - Electric Eel
Of the 4 Koichi releases on Tzadik, this one is the best. This has the throat singing and other vocal fireworks, but also adds some other instruments (mouth harp?) to give things a bit more depth.

>Nikolaj Znaider - Beethoven & Mendelssohn Violin Concertos
This is a video recording and I'm amazed on how much some simple visuals help draw you into the performance. The Beethoven concerto is really well done and appears to me to be technically difficult to play, with long sections of playing multiple notes at once on the violin. Very nicely done.

>Eric Schaefer & the Shredz - Bliss
This is some really great jazz - the percussion really stands out and there is nice use of electronics too.