What was the last piece of sofware you paid for and why?

I want to hear Sup Forums's buyfag stories.

Attached: 1514179426217.jpg (2739x1825, 129K)

TurboCAD from 1992. Someone just threw out the whole box, disks and all. Third time I've bought stuff like that at the tip. The others were a word processor that came on 3.5'' and 5.25'' and a LapLink set with the cables from the mid-90s.

Kaspersky Internet Security
It was $10

it was mankind divided on steam. the only software i ever bought were games. i run linux 24/7.

Probably some game years ago, can't even remember, AoE2:HD most likely.

Fedora Core 3. Dial up is so bad I bought Linux on DVDs.

the ffx remake from steam, pretty gpd deal considering I have already played atleast 100h. Ofcourse you have to patch the awfull english va with the jap version so you dont can actually feel something when playing

is Kaspersky some sort of meme now?

I bought AquaSnap. I have big screens and I like to be able to effectively put my windows around in them in a more flexible way.

The default windows snapping just isn't enough.

Going to buy IntelliJ in a few days.

Other tech related purchase include a domain name, some Udemy courses, and ive spent a little money playing around on AWS

>buying software
>year of our lord

WinRAR a few years ago, just out of gratitude. Its self-extracting archives (aka extremely easy to make software installers) and recovery records proved very useful over the years. I rarely use Windows any more, but when I do I also appreciate its superior GUI.

i have never, ever paid for software on my own, willingly.

not related but don't you all think it is swimmingly to pay for windows when you buy a laptop just to wipe it to install free software?

Windows 10 Pro

Is the plan to post this until someone cares?

threema. just because

I bought sibelius 3-4 years ago. Avid shit is nigh impossible to crack.

Windows 10 Pro

Bought a $8 license from eBay

use lilypond

I somewhat stopped doing that because something like 80% of all the software I've bought so far stopped working due to changing architectures or APIs.
There are some Intel 64 Bit .apps for Mac OS X that do not run on the latest Intel 64 Bit macs.

Pretty impressive that they can get away with it, if you ask me.

CodeRush for Visual Studio.

Because it's great, I like the unit test runner, and doesn't get in the way like Resharper.

I've tried the various free alternatives, and just can't ditch sibelius. My workflow is 3-4x faster, and the shortcuts are hardwired into my brain at this point. A shame really, because its the only reason I still use window, everything else I can and do use linux for.

You're thinking of PC Matic

eventually you will wrap your head around it. but i know the feels and try not to judge

just remember how you used to be fast editing stuff in NotePad or whatever and see how fast you are now using vi