pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: YbeTeQkpGl_X6KEQUsR_o2a1VFC-MAwLXWqTvpnK33TMUbkR7Dvej-ar7dpSTycXtn1LutW7r9cXZkGtSJgJou_306L43k2bOxHi (384x384, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

originativeco.com/products/mod-switch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to make a kb with ops keycaps and box navy switches. Anyone know whats the cheapest way to do it if I dont have the equipment?

>ops
what this?

cheapest way is to buy a desolder gun for 6$ on aliexpress then buy a chink keb and replace the switch

Damn I thought you losers finally moved on with your lives. Yet here you are only a couple days later going back to the same old routine. I really want the best for you guys, but it looks like a lost cause.

The keycaps displayed in the OP's picture
Im sorry that you dont like the things that I do. Why do you waste your time with something you dont enjoy though? Doesnt that make you the real loser here?

>tfw fell for the artisan meme
life is pain, lads

Attached: 12315134222.png (646x356, 20K)

@65252047
This bait will work on some, good job.

@65252175
This bait will work on some, good job.

its net alpha syndrome, their natural instincts are still there but their soul and boy is to weak to engage with real people so they have to find a little community online that's open for the public and trashing them. Some people call them numales

@65252192
If your post wasn't bait you wouldn't still be in this thread kek

Buying a PCB that uses Kailh hotswap sockets

>>

@65252326
No (You)'s for you

Kailh's box switches can't be opened while in board like other MX switches can right?

Yes, Kailh's current production switches can only be opened from below

Hey, i'm kind of a noob on the whole MK front, but from the research I have done it seems as though zealios switches are the hotness if i am looking for high quality tactile switches (witch i am).
right?

There are also MOD switches, but as far as MX mount tactile switches go they're pretty good. The only real complaint is that they're overpriced. I can sell you some of mine if you want :^)

>Zealios
>Tactile switch
Pick one

There are no good MX tactile switches

Zealios are just clears with lighter springs and looser tolerances, prettied up so gullible people think they're worth almost a dollar a pop

Anyone have a Ducky One2? Are they good? I saw one user post a picture of a busted USB-C port on his so I'm a bit worried to get one

Attached: 1522011762471.jpg (1200x800, 73K)

I am having such a hard time telling apart all these switches. whats a MOD switch?
are they not?
so... ALPS? I'd go with alps if it weren't for my room being a dust magnet any time i open a window.

MX switches are bumpy linears, if you want real tactility get alps or buckling springs.

MOD switches are another variant of mx (ergo) clear, like the zealios are.

originativeco.com/products/mod-switch

Me on the right. Any fellow /mkg/ers come to the meet?

Attached: huabk3tbdzn01.jpg (2592x1944, 529K)

If i did my homework correctly, unicomp make model m's with buckling springs, right? like i said, alps are not an option for me because of their sensitivity to dirt and my room being the nexus of all dust ever or something.

seems as though there isn't much actual love for mx types at all around here.

>unicomp make model m's with buckling springs, right?
Yup, but if you can you should get a Model F.

would fuck the asian girl

not sure if i know where/how to get one of those.
anyway, for now i ordered a model m+f tester to see how it feels, cos its a far cry from anything i ever used.

anyway, from what i learned, zealios should alleviate some of the "linear with dirt" quality that most mx clears have right now.

i am really hoping to find good mx switches because i'd like to have options when it comes to keycap selection. to my information, buckling springs don't come with a lot of variety.

I can smell the autism from here

You don't need new keycaps for the Model M or F they already have the best keycaps you can get (Dyesub PBT).

>i am really hoping to find good mx switches
They don't exist

>autists anonymous meeting

well, i'll take your word for it.

thats a shame.
maybe if i make sure to cover my keyboard when i'm done with it i can avoid having to clean my alps every two days.
another problem with alps though is availability. can't seem to find a site that sells them/has them in stock at a reasonable price.

I think I'm going to order a realforce 87u 55g in white. Has anyone used one and a fc660c or hhkb? How do they compare?

Attached: keyboard.jpg (706x1249, 646K)

what is the difference between matias and alps????

Depends on which matias, and which alps you're talking about. Just look up the force curves for whatever ones you're comparing.

I have tried neither, but alps are older and supposedly better. They are also harder to find, I think they dont make newer models with them.

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GUYS GO I MISSED YOU
OK SO MOMMY SAID SHE'LL CONSIDER BUYING ME A TOPRE KEEB, BUT I NEED TO GET A JOB FIRST.
WHAT THE FUCK I JUST WANT A TOPRE KEEB NOT A SHITTY JOB HOW DO I CONVINCE HER TO GET ME A TOPRE KEEB?

Attached: 1521687429035.jpg (750x546, 32K)

You don't have to take my word for it, if you do research you'll come to the same conclusion. Also if you're really worried about dust then buckling springs are a good option since dust has no effect on them.

Matias are clones of simplified alps which aren't good, when people refer to alps they are usually talking about complicated alps which aren't produced anymore.

>Can't afford $200 keyboard

Attached: DD_I0dXWAAE9mhn.jpg (500x322, 18K)

Ok so I have a bunch of aliepress coupons and shit, and I want to dip my toes into the 60% meme
>current keyboard: used unicomp model M that I i picked up in 2008, having been using it for literally everything ever since
>switch: I want to try linears (they're also quiet for public use since is this is tiny kb after all) but 45g actuation force for reds seems a little too light for me, i think blacks would be better.
it looks like my choices are the "royal kludge" RK61 and the anne pro.
I can get the former for like 30 bucks and the latter for around 50.
which should I go with? I'm leaning kludge since it's cheaper and there's black switches available on aliexpress, but they don't mention who makes them, the anne pro only comes with reds and i hate that you have to use a phone app to configure it. but the anne pro looks like it has better keycaps

oh. so it basically boils down to this:
buckling springs or settling for mx switches, because everything else is out of production and hard to get.
lovely :U

You can still buy capacitive buckling springs or alps, it's not like they don't exist anymore.

I totally believe you; but also, I can't find them. at least not for any reasonable price.

Look for them on deskthority, geekhack, or mechmarket. Sometimes ebay has good deals too, I got a Model F AT for $80 on there.

I made a thread because of the same reason. Its the first time I made a mkg.

should I go with the RK for now, and if I like the form factor build my own 60% later on?
the anne pro really doesnt seem like that much of a step up for like double the price

I'll be totally honest with you, I can't make heads or tails out of those sites. I'm not deep enough in to this community to really understand whats going on.
i'm just gonna wait for my unicomp tester to come in and see how it feels. i'd maybe like to get an alps board, but for now its too complex for me. also, i plan to to use whatever board i get for both gaming and typing, and that means i need at least 6-key rollover and to my knowledge most of those older keyboards don't have that.

Model M's/unicomp have 2KRO, the Model F has NKRO which is better than 6KRO.

Honestly I just went full meme and bought a model F 107.

Attached: IBM model F 107.jpg (1278x575, 91K)

That's not a meme, it's probably the best keyboard ever made.

Not even asian you retard

oh dang, thats a problem. takes unicomp out of the picture too.

well, where'd you get it?

I wanna try out those "super tactile" hall effect though. The clicky mechanism sounds amazing, plus they're more durable. I just wish there was a keyboard with a semi modern layout with them. That right there would be my endgame

That's not a beamspring though. Remember the model F was the cost cutting board compared to the former. It's too bad no one has tried to make a modern, small beamspring switch yet.

orihalcon sells them, and that's where I got mine

>want a Vortex Core 40%
>They don't put green switches in the Core

should I settle for blues /mkg/? I have a board with clears that I like pretty well too but Greens are my favorite.

Beamsprings aren't all that great tho. I tried one at a keyboard meat like a year ago and I found them underwhelming. Maybe it's because I didn't spend a thousand bucks on one. If I did, I might defend it to the death

I said probably, also I prefer capacitive buckling springs to beamsprings.

Buckling spring > Beam spring

Topre > Alps > Navies > Ergoclear > Buckling spring

Shit taste

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (600x800, 61K)

FUCK YOU TOPRE KEEBS ARE THE BEST KEEBS

Attached: 1521435633370.png (409x409, 157K)

>topres
>above anything other then MX switches

Attached: Smug_1.gif (340x340, 137K)

You can't even afford a topre your opinion doesn't count.

how can you say that when you don't have one

Attached: HHKB_Carbon.jpg (1456x819, 546K)

Attached: 1521810235918.jpg (1000x1430, 144K)

cheer up, once you get a job you'll realize how terrible they are

Attached: pepe keyboard.jpg (5456x3632, 856K)

anyone know where I can get a keyboard like this but 60 or 100%?

Attached: keyboard.jpg (955x289, 46K)

*80 I'm retarded

Capacitive buckling springs and blue alps are the best switches. This is a fact.

damn, how much will it cost to fix that?

the one in your pic already 60%, or did you mean 65%?

blue alps aren't all that great, matias clicky's feel better

>being this low on testo that his manly drive wont spot the asian woman on a picture
dude i see 6 woman, if you cant spot them its not my fault

>Arguing with facts

Attached: 1ce.jpg (225x225, 6K)

i have a g810. its the first mk i ever got. its a big improvement over rubber, but these romer gs are scratchy, pingy, and down right difficult to type on compared to other switches i have tested. so now i need to get a new keyboard. someone jsut pick one for me that i can get easily.

You're blind

>opinions
>facts
Anyway I've tried almost every alps switch ever made (the buckling spring clone is the last one) and the tactile green/brown alps were the best

>Still arguing with facts

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

TOPRE

Attached: 1521830286662.png (1027x731, 28K)

there is only 1 fact here, and that is topres are trash. everything else is buzzwords and memes

Attached: 56%.jpg (1020x1020, 69K)

>there is only 1 fact here, and that is topres are trash.
That is also a fact

>and that is topres are trash
YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NIWO

Attached: 1521780094313.jpg (1127x685, 89K)

kys.

>These are the type of people who use topre
Really makes you think

Attached: 1502403285880.gif (460x259, 2.39M)

t. has never tried topre

technically he doesn't even have one

>t.guy who doesn't know what t. means

Attached: qORR8w5mWyc9OIJRMcMF-pCZJsK5AiGrnflt3q76eD0.png (600x600, 80K)

I did tho, thankfully my friend was dumb enough to buy one.

That's the majority of topre fags

FUCK YOU MOMMY IS GONNA BUY ME ONE SOON JUST YOU WATCH

Attached: gib.jpg (764x512, 200K)

>Topre users need their mommy to buy them stuff

Attached: E9Mp2wb.gif (720x480, 3.61M)

Should I buy realforce 87u 55g?

Attached: keyboards3.jpg (2282x1285, 1.65M)

*Should my mommy buy me a realforce 87u 55g

Wrong! Mommy and daddy long dead.

this is getting intense

>pepe the kid
>it really makes you think
>animu poster
>the always reuploading reddit images

porta potty and two shifts and this general is in full meme

Why not three shifts?

Attached: Pawn 35%.png (885x957, 1.83M)