Do you think the use of Facebook users' data by Cambridge Analytica was worse than that of the 2012 Obama campaign?

Do you think the use of Facebook users' data by Cambridge Analytica was worse than that of the 2012 Obama campaign?

Attached: 19-cambridge-analytica-logo.w710.h473.jpg (710x473, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/20/cambridge-analytica-what-you-need-to-know.html
snopes.com/fact-check/obama-campaign-use-tactics-cambridge-analytica/
theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/17/obama-digital-data-machine-facebook-election
npr.org/2018/03/25/596805347/how-does-cambridge-analytica-flap-compare-with-obama-s-campaign-tactics
youtu.be/9Rha6Wamfp0
youtube.com/watch?v=qznPnKG9zko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you think the Cambodian genocide was worse than depleted oil reserves in the Indian Ocean?

>be Facebook
>harvest everyone's data
>use it to create targeted ads
>also share this data with ad agencies
>Cambridge Analytica uses this data to advertise the Donald DRUMPF campaign
>now it's an issue

I fucking hate Americans and their tiny single-issue brains.

I'm perplexed as to why this is suddenly an issue when Facebook has been pretty much openly doing this since it's inception. Stupid fucking normies

It wasn't wrong when President Obama did it because he's a good man. How hard is this for people to understand?

disinfo

cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/20/cambridge-analytica-what-you-need-to-know.html
>Beginning in 2014, Cambridge Analytica obtained data on 50 million Facebook users via means that deceived both the users and Facebook, the New York Times and London's Observer reported on Saturday.
Literally just google it you dunce.

disinfo, please post a source and explain what Obama did wrong

Sage disinfo threads, name disinfo threads, hide disinfo threads.

Seriously, how much do you get paid? I could do with some extra income.

Didn't shillary end your correct the record funding? GTFO pussy faggot

How exactly did Cambridge Analytica "deceive" Facebook (an NSA PRISM partner) to obtain information that they willingly provide to advertisers?

Shareblue has taken over shill duties. They created the Amerimutt meme.

You say that but and are all currently sourceless. Yet you at least had the time to accuse me of what I already accused you of. Stop changing the subject and back up your claims.

Did you read the article that I sourced that quote from?

Amerimutt is a weirdly effective psyop to normalise the interracial future then, I kind of wish it died a quick and silent death.

.businessinsider.
/facebook-data-breach-reactions-executives-response-twitter-2018-3/

>People chose to share their data with third party apps
>deceived
Real strong thinking required. No, people are just retarded and allowed the company to collect data out of ignorance or general lack of caring. I think you know that, so seriously, give me a link or something, I like money.

Eh, doesn't really matter, the alt-right on Sup Forums are a minority. People who actually matter already know about this.

Glad normies are mad at facebook. Ive been well aware of their kike shit for a long time

Data science wasn't a big thing in 2012

The only issue here is that Facebook wasn't able to profit selling targeted ads because CA got it directly.
Anyone who uses Facebook and looks surprised is nothing but informational cattle and they deserve everything Facebook/Google/MS/Apple does to them.

I think this is just a small drop in the bucket of hell that is facebook and google.
If you think the seach bar they offer to you is powerful, you should see the one they have.

Eh, in 2012 we didnt have the ability to train and deploy the models for human behavior we have now.
Also Trump is a huge fag, I'm pissed they took advantage of all the malleable retards to convince them Trump would save them from their shitty lives. Now Trump is fucking them over massively.

>Now Trump is fucking them over massively.
I'm doing fine, user, but thanks for the concern.

Trump didn’t need Facebook to get my vote. Shillary running for president alone automatically gave him my vote. When will you retards understand that she was a HORRIBLE choice for a candidate?

snopes.com/fact-check/obama-campaign-use-tactics-cambridge-analytica/

theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/17/obama-digital-data-machine-facebook-election

I feed Facebook misinformation about myself

Did clinton buy snopes or something? They are so obviously partisan since the election campaign

I'm sure you believe that of everything that doesn't conform to your beliefs. Cults tends to make people see things that way.

>Although Obama for America did collect data on users’ friends, it was at the time in line with Facebook policy.
Oh so that makes it OK then

There's so much fluff and misdirection in there, it's an absolutely garbage source of information

the popular vote is more important than the law?

Shillary sucked massive cock, so did Bernie. But atleast they dont sound like a retard when they talk. Part of me does like how the whole establishment is falling apart with Trump though. I call trump a fag (he is) but I still don't know if he would have gotten my vote (didnt vote, hated every candidate so much I was too pissed). I like how Trump is destroying this country because people needed a wakeup call. Shillary wouldve just been a continuation of our slow steady decline.

Facebook's EULA gives them carte blanche to everything. You give up basically everything. You give up the right to enter into a class action lawsuit against them. Fucking hell Steam does the same shit. I really thought everyone knew this already. But they don't. Oh well, I've heard enough "I'm deleting facebook and only using Instagram" for the last two weeks my hand is imprinted on my face so whatever. This won't be an isssue in a month.

It's actually very different if you read further. Users had to specifically download an application and were informed their information may be shared and were allowed to select what information was shared. The demographic information they collected was mostly used along with the publicly available voter registration information to find likely democratic voters and encourage them to vote for Obama. Also it mentions the Romney campaign had access to the same information.

nobody cares about those alternative facts, neither the trumpists who say it's all the same shit nor the shilltards who will ignore it altogether

Literally read the one quote I greentexted, it's not hard

Nice try, kike. Nobody cared when Obama did it in 2012. This is clearly only an issue to these disingenuous fagholios because it helped Trump.

>You give up the right to enter into a class action lawsuit against them.
It's not like that clause is legally binding in any way though.

>This won't be an isssue in a month.
i'd give it two weeks

normalfags are dumb

#deletefacebook becomes a thing every few years, I'm surprised people here are still taking it seriously

Why hasn't the media reported on Facebook basically becoming a data harvesting ISP out in India and Africa?

Because people don't give a shit

I thought India rejected that? That was a huge deal a while back but after it was rejected people celebrated and then moved on.

It's always been an issue, idiot

>worse than that of the 2012 Obama campaign?

Facebook users we're able to choose if they gave them their data.

>B-b-b-b-b-but obama

Sad. Losers.

>Hillary was worse

hahahahahaha

Attached: mueller.jpg (1600x1039, 318K)

Sure, it's always been an issue for us on Sup Forums but you have to admit that we're a pretty small minority. Even if we include like-minded privacy-smart individuals, we are still vastly outnumbered by the normalfags who will only give a shit about what the media tells them to.

It's a shame, but that's the way it is. It isn't even the first time Facebook has been caught doing this, but the media outrage was a little stronger this time around thanks to the political undertones.

Facebook is just a drop in the bucket, though, and normal tags will never understand this. And they will forget about this whole scandal in a week or two.

Yes she is.
Basically both are equally evil, but hillary is also smart.

> Well, their statement in the National Review is factually inaccurate. So the app that everyone's referring to in this moment was an app called Targeted Sharing. It was an app that we created on Facebook that fully followed Facebook's terms of service. And any individual could decide to use the app. When they clicked on the app, a screen would pop up that would say what data they're authorizing the app was giving us access to and exactly how we were going to use that data. And so at that time, it was totally legitimate on Facebook to say you're giving us access to your social network. You're giving us access to your friends on Facebook.

- npr.org/2018/03/25/596805347/how-does-cambridge-analytica-flap-compare-with-obama-s-campaign-tactics

But obama is nigger

Attached: 1518647857156.jpg (550x813, 268K)

>using Facebook
>using Facebook and then giving it full permissions
Regards got what was coming to them, honestly
Will the normals learn? No. Dumbfucks are flocking to Instagram and they think THAT'S a bright idea.

This is how bad Hillary is.
When voting on a nigger was legitimately a better move.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Hillary was qualified to be president you just don't like her because fox news told you not to like her. That's it, end of discussion.

IT WAS HER TURN!!!

She literally cheated her way into the democrat position without even being an actual democrat.
You almost elected a republican neocon monster because it has a vagina.

>because fox news told you not to like her
I know this is a bait post, but I just love bringing this clip up.
youtu.be/9Rha6Wamfp0
She needed no help from Fox getting people to hate her. She does it all by herself.

youtube.com/watch?v=qznPnKG9zko

Well no shit, they've hated her since her inception. She only changed her name to Clinton because voters disliked her so much. She still went by Rodham until her second year into being First Lady. She only became a Democrat because she didn't like Nixon.

>democrat position without even being an actual democrat
>she's been a member of the dem party for like 40 years
>bernie joined just to run for president
wtf

>Makes racist comment
>Take my opinion seriously

Oh look another person who is so stupid they think skin color is what drives characteristics and not socio-economic class.
You are a loser bro, you hate people of other colors because you can't pinpoint anything in your shitty NEET life that makes you good, So you convince yourself you are superior because of the amount of melanin your skin cells produce. Guess what bro, being white doesn't change the fact you are a loser. Skin color means nothing, you're a worthless faggot and will always be poor.

Was just being a dick a bit.
I learned about how skin tone and race don't matter in a particularly interesting way.

As in i got robbed by white people, got robbed by asians and got robbed by black people, so got to the conclusion that ningen=nigger.

>thinking party membership means shit
this is the actual state of amerisheep and why my country will violently tear itself apart in a few decades

tbqh a civil war and balkanization is the best case scenario for america in the next half-century

No because I like Obama and everything he does is right. Trump on the other hand:

- started the international drone assassination campaign
- destroyed Libya, lifting the lid on Africa and creating the refugee crisis
- was complicit in NSA dragnet data collection
- didn't close guantanamo like he said he would
- didn't pull the troops out of Iraq/ Afghanistan like he said he would

Didn't Obama claim he was going to pull out the troops as well?

They did, some based poo politicians actually enforced net neutrality and killed off every zero rated service

The joke is that Obama did all those things user.

Not to the people who are going on fucking twitter and telling people to delete Facebook, despite the face that twitter does the exact same thing.

Go to bed, Zucc.

because drumpf got to use it and only the democrats get to use that data