Why does computer science require high level math?

Why does computer science require high level math?
I read 3 programming books arealdy and the only math I did was middle school tier
Why do we need calc II?

Attached: image-15.jpg (452x564, 56K)

You need it to get your degree.
It's also useful for some specific tasks.

Idiot test

Discrete math is actually useful though.

It's kinda retarded for you to need to learn more complex shit than what you're actually going to do just to begin doing what you were origially going to do
Also from what I saw only logarithmics and functions were needed and that's easy peezy so why do hard extreme autistic shit?

Attached: bandicam_2018-03-13_18-53-16-633.png (600x606, 344K)

This is why /sci/ hates us
It's because of people like you that cs education has become a meme. Cs is a subset of mathematics not a "learn how to hack XD" course. Drop out and get a degree in software engineering

Attached: IMG_7173.jpg (902x899, 176K)

Because you're trying for a degree in computer science, which is an academic field that relies on a lot of math.

The real question is why you're trying to get a computer science degree when all you want to do is program basic things.

>The real question is why you're trying to get a computer science degree when all you want to do is program basic things.
On one hand, I think universities should make a separate "Software Engineering" track.
On the other, I don't want the barrier to entry to be any lower than it already is because I don't want my pay to go down.

agreed

Attached: 1490852417788.jpg (1000x1000, 39K)

You don't need a university for that, college is more than enough for "software engineering"

Good CS degrees cover signal processing, pattern recognition/ML, graphics (all linear algebra) and related shit. There's also a bit of discrete mathematics in algorithms.

It just helps.

cs has nothing to do with programming.

>when are we ever gonna need this! I just wanna write video games, man.

Attached: 1521222031568.png (211x239, 8K)

Programming is a part of cs

So if I want to be in IT/Programming I should take software engineering or CS with side programming books?

Attached: image-9.jpg (405x372, 148K)

It doesnt i write software for a living and i am trash at math. Take the cs track eith the least math, its useless anyway

So no one's answered--what exactly in cs requires calculus?

Any kind of robotics, simulation, video games, things that have to understand, represent or somehow interface with a physics based world.

Neural networks

you do know that you don't need a comp sci degree to get a generic job building web apps or something. you just need a degree, literally any degree and side projects. The only people that care about the degree requirement is HR everyone else just wants to know your skill.
if all you do is go through a cs program and are a B student or lower then you will be one of those people complaining about women or minorities taking cs jobs. or maybe you'll complain about how cs is a meme and it is oversaturated.

I want to work with computers and make decent money but I'm bad at math and would prefer not to be a code monkey for the rest of my life. What do?

Install Gentoo

get a tutor or use your class resources you ape.
i had the same underclassman wahhh so hard i dont need this mentality until my peers said don't be a bitch get help if you need it and study. i did fine in calc 2 and im a mutt you can too

Attached: schleep.jpg (772x597, 44K)

just don't fucking do CS. this meme needs to stop, you don't need a CS degree to develop software, why do you even think that's the case?

>cs is a subset of mathematics
Lol

Calculus class simulators

alogrithms

>Cs is a subset of mathematics
Spotted the delusional mathfag

Are blue or browns quiet enough to type in a bedroom while my gf sleeps?

OP might be retarded, but this isn't /stupidquestiongeneral/ (nor /mkg/)

>calc 2
>high level math

Attached: 0E451A11-D64B-414F-A499-07E6CC79E47B.jpg (586x578, 94K)

There are plenty of schools that offer a SE track. It is almost the same as CS, just less theory and more a bit more practical.

my reds are, just need the fat O-rings - do research

>Math
>Difficult
Literally just do a problem over and over until you get it then move on

Attached: brainlet.png (225x225, 4K)

He's right though

Computer science is math dumbass.

If you want to git gud at computers, you need to know maths. Without it, you'll just be a shitty codemonkey doing mundane work of no significance.

I'm a Physicist, not a Computer scientist, so i have limited knowledge on how most ot the maths i know is applied. But as an example of some cool maths being applied to CS, there's wavelet analysis. A tool for analysing the frequency domain of a wave. Is used in the (new) JPEG compression. You'd have no chance of understanding how that works without a decent understanding of maths.