Can we finally ditch this crap now that everyone knows facebook is a scam company...

Can we finally ditch this crap now that everyone knows facebook is a scam company? I'm sick of their garbage infiltrating all web dev.

Attached: 1512011278137.png (1920x1080, 108K)

What does React have to do with Facebook spyware? It's actually a good tool and is only getting more popular.

It was built with the express purpose of making it easier to create spyware by stuffing as much junk as possible into a javascript application. Other companies picked it up cause they want to be like facebook and make the big $$$. But turns out not everything needs to be a bloated single page app.

It will probably get forked and developed as an open-sores project.

>running js

Attached: 1520287275485.jpg (250x249, 8K)

React is under the MIT license now.

Never liked JSX.
Still waiting for a JS framework that handles data dependencies properly.
Also GraphQL is garbage.

Oh yeah, also I don't want to have to run Webpack\Browserify just to use a fuckin' framework.

Seconded. That and over 2000 node module packages just to perform an AJAX call.

Don't use it then you turbo brainlet, use something else and shut the fuck up . How stupid are you?

Doesn't mean you can't fork it.

You clearly don't know how react works.

That's exactly what it means, and things like Inferno/others have React-compatible APIs.

huh, i did some reading and i thought that you just have to put mit license alongside whatever license you want for your fork. i guess i was wrong. does Sup Forums happen to some infographic about licenses?

Attached: 1521533813320.jpg (512x498, 30K)

VueJS + Jquery + PHP is all you need my friend

React works like this.

>code your single page app
>react library sends a verbatim copy of your intellectual property to fb
>every single time it is run

top fif, is this really how it works?

>graphql is garbage
Damn it I thought it looked comfy and was about to learn it. Why is it garbage?

A) it's from cuckbook
B) any somewhat decent web dev should be able to write a decent API that's just as "queryable"
C) cuckbook just wants all API's to work the same so they can scrape them
D) It's hipster tech that will probably die sooner rather than later anyway

So instead of relying on Succerberg and studying his crap, just get yourself a book on API design and enjoy your freedom (both from FB and in designing your own API's)

no, you're replying to bait

Thought so, but it's going to be true in the future.

It's only logical and people will love it.

huh? facebook changed their license to MIT because of botnet concerns

Okay, but still... you will never know why companies do things they do.

I never even had a Facebook account and I use React an Immutable.js all the time.

Being an evil marketing company means they have plenty money to hire good programmers.

Why the hell would you NOT want to use webpack?
Speak sense.

>Still waiting for a JS framework that handles data dependencies properly.

Data dependencies are always a nightmare in every language.

That's why React is so awesome: no more worrying about dependencies, just render the state.

shut the fuck and write code you useless 1st-year.

React is good despite Facebook being ass. It's not botnet in any way. I've inspected every bit of source code and there's nothing shady.

Source: my ass

Vue

>he doesn't know about `fetch`

you really should stop talking, because it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Nice steam avatar you've got there

Hi Mark

The denial is real. I'm sorry you wasted your time and possibly money chasing a fad.

MIT allows you to fork it all you want. You can even change the license as long as you give credit where credit is due.

Seriously, just read the text of the license. It's not that long, and it's fairly straightforward.

>javascript to the core
Useless framework for anyone dealing with sensitive information.

This user is wrong. The MIT license allows you to fork and even sell the forked software with no strings attached.

I have looked at it too and while the code quality is pretty good, it has come to signify the complete and utter bloat and trendiness that plagues web dev.

React was designed for facebook to use as a frontend for its huge PHP codebase so they could get stuff on prod quickly and not cause breakage whenever any one of their 1000 teams is pushing code. Everything is supposed to be a component that maintains its own state and doesn't mess with anything else. The end result is massive duplication of code and lag.

Immutable data structures are only useful when performance is not an issue, i.e. not in production.

React is shit because it encourages websites to be developed as a javascript application first, and a webpage second. Your javascript should complement your HTML, not vice-versa

That's pretty much the idea behind a web app.

>Inferno
what Inferno are you referring to? the OS?

>Everything is supposed to be a component that maintains its own state and doesn't mess with anything else.
This is what I like about React. Just stick it in, and pull out when you don't like anymore.

Hi grandpa, I have your meds ready for today.

I've solved that using React+Redux+SSR. I just make components request data from redux on mount and they got bundled my middleware and fetched from server. But during server side rendering, the requests are emulated internally and fulfilled before sending to the client. Unfortunately it requires at least one hard re-render of app because of limitations of current server side react.

have they managed yet to get react-redux-ssr working with create-react-app?

YUI is the thinking man's framework

Idiot.

Dunno, I never used that.
I write all my configs.