What is a good first time linux distro for an EliteBook Folio 9470m?

^^

Attached: folio.jpg (350x350, 17K)

kubuntu

Solux. Very easy distro and looks good

^ its a 3rd gen i5
I have ThinkPads with lower-end hardware

Solus GNU/Linux.

Solus Linux*
FTFY

mate or budgie or gnome (tho i don't think Sup Forums likes gnome lol)

also im coming from mac

Guys, while a lot of this might be complete autism, I personally think that in this day and age, calling it GNU/Linux actually has some real meaning. There is this little thing called Android, and it uses the Linux kernel, but the rest of the components are non-GNU. Some are even proprietary! However, I have seen normies make the dangerously misleading claim that "Android is Linux!" It technically is, as it uses the Linux Kernel, but it shares nothing else with GNU/Linux distros, particularly their respect for your freedoms.
Because of this, we should say GNU/Linux, so as not to confuse it with the botnet that is Android, or other such projects. By saying GNU/Linux, we make it clear that yes, we are using Linux, but we are also using Free Software.

well im a N00bFag from discord for a reason...
also i knew that already

Anything is fine, you can change your mind anytime you feel like. GNOME is easy to use and configure but technically shitty

*autistic screeching*

Yo, same laptop as you. Bought it a few months ago. Lobbed on a ssd and dualbooted it between wangblows for uni and Linux mint for learning. But I also use solus on my desktop and its pretty comfy. Both distrust are good, and both get the job done for me.

woah. did i really fucking wrote Solux? fuck me. Sorry it was very early in morning, but Solus is a great distro. Has a great package manager, easy to install sw, looks simillar to windoze and its fast, responsive and looks good out of the box.

>first time
that would be ubuntu

fedora gnome

ubuntu distros don't work with elitebooks

Unironically Gentoo/LFS. This will teach you to fix your own problems and not bother the community with stupid questions like the one you posted. Ignorant fagot.

Attached: 1521987305097.png (994x559, 326K)

gentoo is the only decent distro
just werks but still it's pretty bloated
if you have a week or 2 better look at lfs

t.kevin

A *buntu is the only GNU/Linux distro you ever need. Personally I favour Xubuntu, but once XFCE gets too old I think I might go Kubuntu.

Debian is fine too if you don't mind it being fucking ancient.

Fedora + kde + Latte dock

agreed FUCK OFF KEVIN

cinamon mint is the easiest, even my grandma uses it.