It has recently been announced that Reddit thinks 8.1 is the worst operative system Microsoft has ever put out

It has recently been announced that Reddit thinks 8.1 is the worst operative system Microsoft has ever put out.

Attached: 1514373921570.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A thread died for this.

Those faggots weren't even born when ME was out

Funny, OP. I was thinking of reinstalling 8.1. I'll definitely do that now.

>ME
ME was patrician though. Only newfags hated ME.

Since when does /g care for what reddit has to say?

I don't understand why people dislike 8.1. I feel that in some aspects it's even better than 7. It's extremely easy to get rid of the "fisher price menu" that everyone complains about and at this point it only gets updates that are necessary, unlike 10. The only issues I have with it: It requires AMD drivers that are packaged for Windows 7 and Vulkan performance on windowed mode is wonky. That's all.

You obviously never used it, I had to, it was buggy and slow , it was a horrible experience

go back

I agree with you, honestly. 8.1 is more supported than 7, less retarded than 8, and far far less intrusive than 10.

The myth is that every second operative system MS produce is shit. By that logic XP, 7 and 8.1 are good. Vista, 8 and 10 are shit.

How the FUCK did they pick 8.1 over 8? 8.1 was actually an improvement over that steaming load.

>Reddit thinks
>operative system
>operative
kys

>le spelling xD
Fuck off.

>le
>xd
>not using proper spelling

>*xD

Why are there so many newfags in this thread.
If you actually like Winblows 10 but just want it to be less intrusive and get fewer updates, Microsoft has had a solution for you since launch.
microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise
Now fuck off back to Sup Forums.

>suggesting Enterprise instead of ltsb
devilish

Well technically LTSB is downloadable from the same page I linked but the newfags don't need to know that.

They somehow managed to make it less stable than W98, it was quite the achievement alright.

You are mistaken. I don't want that shit. I don't want LTSB either and I don't feel like using an unstable system just for the purpose of it being "newer". I don't have to go look for different versions of Windows with 8.1. I don't have to disable services, updates or telemetry or do stupid extra shit to install what is basically a weird mix between 7, 8, 8.1 and fucking android.

Windows 10 has been for a long time, and still ongoing, on beta testing. Installing a year and a half old version of it is not the solution.

>It's extremely easy to get rid of the "fisher price menu" that everyone complains about
Yet W7 fags loved XP that had complete Fisher Price UI.

>achievement
Windows 10 is the most crashworthy OS they have yet. This isn't new. XP was the last truly stable OS they ever made.

Not him, but I agree with you. Windows 10 might be the newest, but there are so many hurdles to jump through to get 10 to do what 8.1 essentially does out of the box.

I know it might just sound lazy but installing a new OS isn't exactly the peak of my entertainment.

But it's true.

>"Yet W7 fags loved XP that had complete Fisher Price UI."
>Complaining about the UI on XP when you could switch it to the '98 UI without any effort.
>Complaining about the last good OS MS ever made
>Being THIS MUCH of a Winfag.
You have to go back.

>Windows 10 is unstable
>but 8.1 isn't
Check out THIS delusional winfag

7 is more stable

Lol, XP was dumpster fire at launch. Sure most people complained it wouldn't run their DOS software, but most people complained about Vista that it wouldn't run on Pentium II.

Yeah but at least they managed to put something halfway functional together with XP. Late-life XP was practically uncrashable.

>Check out THIS delusional winfag
I can say with certainty that when I can enable automatic updates and not experience a single problem for more than a single month, it's stable enough. Windows 10 hasn't managed to do that. Windows 8.1 has. On Windows 8.1 I don't have to worry that upon a new installation I will have to remove the account I just created and create a new one because I cannot change certain settings for no reason at all. On Windows 8.1 I don't have to worry tomorrow that an update to an app will cause 100% CPU usage and I will have to remove it. On Windows 8.1 I don't have to worry that the same exact drivers that I'm using for my sound card will, out of nowhere and very randomly, produce a very high pitched sound.

You could say all these things are problems "on my end, with my own hardware" but you could at least provide one example of such nonsense happening on Windows 8.1 and -not- on 10.

>On Windows 8.1 I don't have to worry that the same exact drivers that I'm using for my sound card will, out of nowhere and very randomly, produce a very high pitched sound.

I'm starting to think I wasn't the only one who had this unpleasant experience.

>XP SP 3
ffty. XP from launch till SP2 was a fucking train wreck

>reddit thinks 8.1 is worst shit
they must be wrong then

>redditors have a retarded opinion
Shocking news!

you should've stayed there then.

Everyone knows 8.1 was just a rushed fix for an even worse 8.0

This. Parents got a computer with ME and 64mb of RAM. Holy shit was it bad. OS was massive junk.

I upgraded the RAM to be able to do anything at all with it. Entire computer fried during a storm one day.

And wouldn't you know it? I upgraded to a computer with Windows Vista. Just as terrible.

The day the Windows 7 upgrade came out, I was the first time I had an enjoyable experience with Windows. Save for the few times i got to use XP on other peoples computers.

Attached: 1366729145381.gif (300x225, 1.71M)

wtf? I love Windows 8.1 now

It's all about the timing. Gotta' skip every other OS.

>7
>stable
LOL

>reddit & windows thread.
God I hate you all.

>m-muh distro!

What is windows 8.1 but a shitty distro?

>Reddit
Don't let the dor kick you on your way out.

Vista didn't even support some Win32 APIs at launch. People used to joke that Wine is more Windows compatible than Vista.

The issue isn't that he spelled the word wrong, it's that he used the wrong fuckin word

>reddit thinks 8.1 is the worst
Yep, that sounds about right, considering reddit is just bunch of mindless bandwagoning for upvotes. I'm sure many on here would also say that 8.1 is the worst. It's mostly just a bandwagon thing in general. There was really nothing wrong with 8.1, it improved on 8 quite a bit. And what was the big deal with 8 in the first place? The start menu? Hahahahaha what a bunch of fucking babies. Who even uses the start menu anymore? If you do, you're a fucking faggot.

>I-If I put muh at the beginning of everything then I don't have to make an argument!

was 8.1 bad? I didn't use it for a long time before going windows 10 and I kinda missed its aesthetics.

>ME was patrician though
This
I had a Pentium ||| and Windows Me worked great
It had bitching games
Windows 2K was comparatively bloated and incompatible
Windows XP in the pre-SP2 years was unbelievable crap

Windows Me is criminally underrated
Windows Me was an adorable Frankenstein monster of an OS that just worked and looked good
I miss Me

I used it and it was awesome

>I don't understand why people dislike 8.1
Plebs and memes
Windows 8.1 is the best Windows yet and one of the most aesthetic OS ever if not the most aesthetic

>You must be 18+ to post here

>tfw accidentally click a screen stealing app

Attached: 1507154741794.jpg (431x455, 34K)

The irony is that it was actually really fucking good, but 8 shat the bed too much for users to be willing to try.

Where can I buy enterprise/ltsb licence? Since they're volume licences, are those permanent? I don't mind shady cdkeysites as i mind installing kmspico from some russian hacking forums.

This desu. As far as I know Windows 8 was the only Windows release that was so bad that they had to fix and re-release it with a .1 at the end

I actually heard they wanted 8.1 to just be called 9, but for unimaginably stupid reasons that wasn't the case.

No, windows 8.1 is one of the best windows ever pulled out. Vista had a potential to be the best windows version ever, but was cuck'd by the technology at that time.

>/g

Nice try, Redditor.

Attached: so go back there and die.png (571x618, 53K)

>8.1fags exist

So what, even reddit can sometimes be right. Though honestly I can't see how win10 is better (not considering dos-based systems).

8.1 much like 10 is an abomination scrapped from random ui parts from different environments which is also extremely slow because it's powered by bandaged 8's frame and stuffed with extra spyware. It is inferior to win7 in all aspects (performance, stability, compatibility, UI) except for font rendering. It is also surprisingly inferior in all aspects to win8 except for stability because win8 was unstable as fuck. Win 10 is rolling 8.1 on steroids.

8.1 doesn't count as a new system, XP WAS good you moron.

10 is more similar to 8.1 than 8.1 is to 8 though.

>XP
Good.
>Vista
Shit.
>7
Good.
>8
Shit.
>8.1
Good.
>10
Shit.

This
Also it just seems retarded to think that 8.1 would be worse than 8. Didn't use any of them though but still.

>The myth is that every second operative system MS produce is shit.
This myth werks only if you assume that 2000 and millenium never existed.
Also XP and 2000 were good (xp better)

Said a faggot who never used windows 8.1.
I won't defend shitty windows 8, but windows 8.1 is great. It worked better in my shitty previous laptop than when I used windows 7.
Currently stuck in windows 10 because my shitty laptop didn't support any windows below windows 10 though.

>didn't support
doesn't support*

Me be using Windows and developing on Windows since Win98.

98 - Average
XP - Good.
Anything after - Shit.

How do you fuck up installing windows 10? Every system I've installed it on, including 10 year old computers, has no crashing problems.