Why are people losing their minds on Parquet Courts? It sounds like the most generic af indie bullshit out there

why are people losing their minds on Parquet Courts? It sounds like the most generic af indie bullshit out there

bemp

I like indie rock but parquet courts is just so generic and shitty

their KEXP live set is really good, more unhinged and loose than their studio stuff. they aren't doing anything pavement etc. haven't done, but they are pretty solid. not innovative, at least on Light Up Gold, but i would say they're good. "SOCRATES DIED IN THE FUCKING GUTTER" best lyric by them imo

No one is "losing their minds" over them, some people just like things you don't, get the fuck over yourself

this faggot definitively loves them. so assblasted lmao

Its getting rarer and rarer to have that raw indie rock sound, nevertheless for it to be well done. They'd be generic in the mid 2000s but now its refreshing.

I'm not a huge fan but I've enjoyed both albums I've heard.

That said it's okay if you don't like them OP, nobody is going to judge you.

>gives reason for disliking
>responds with "dood people have different opinions!!!1!"

fucking share yours then

I like them

This. I also am not sure who is freaking out about them.

It's nice to hear just "pure" indie rock with an evolved garage feel, most modern indie "rock" is a fusion with some other genre, usually electronically I fluenced. That's not bad or anything, but Parquet Courts have that older sound that probably would have felt middle of the road in 2003.

They're also arguably pretty good at what they set out to do

we determined that, but why

I gave you my opinion

P4K, Marketing, Brand deals & Sponsorship, same with that Modern Baseball band

i'm not gonna argue that they're generic, because they are, but they do it pretty well. i hope they do some more interesting stuff soon

Great songwriting

lol no

Nobody is

They're decent and people like them

That is all

I mean what they do isn't original by any means but I think they're best band doing what they're doing right now. Their newest album was pretty weak tho. "Steady on My Mind" literally sounds like a Velvet Underground cover.
I think their vocals (incl. lyrics) are pretty above average most of the time too.

id seen the blood lanes of antietam