Post albums that change your life

Post albums that change your life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GaXDhd2-mwM&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lyrics to The Best Weapon made me realize i had my friend didn't give a shit about me and just saw me as his young apprentice/gear hauler. wasnt good for my self esteem. thank you garreth for pointing out it needed to end

>looking down, on someone
>who had the nerve, to look up to you

huhh this is a boring thread if people just post the album with absolutely no description.

frank ocean channel orange

Very much this

frank ocean is good/amazing

this is tight

I'm not kidding.

I know it's just a "overrated pop rock album", Sup Forums keeps telling me that all the time, but I don't give a shit, it changed me somehow

one of the most beautiful albums ever made. i discovered it at an important juncture in my life

swans - everything

It is beautiful

No idea how, just an intense feeling that cheered me up out of a hard time.

this album completely changed my taste and interest in music

Are you me?

easily

First time I actually focused on lyrics and then got into Sup Forums

was the first album that convinced me to expand my horizons and start seriously listening to music instead of the scattered dadrock i had been listening to before

forgive me for growing up in the 90s and staying pretty mainstrea, but:
Smashing pumpkins - melon collie
Nirvana - nevermind, in utero
Everclear - so much for the afterglow,
STP - Tiny Music

Surfer Rosa
Basically it was the first album that I *really* got into. I spent a whole summer listening to Pixies and subsequently started going to Sup Forums.

Before I discovered Tame Impala all I listened to was the strokes and modest mouse

It completely changed my taste and view of music

This got me into music. I've never heard anything like it till then. That was like 3 years go. I still listen to it at least twice a month.

>Pic related
This is usually the album that take normies away from Top 40, as it happened to me.

got me into so much more music

this is some good shit

Both this one and Magical Mystery Tour. I listened to them as a little kid. Got me into psych rock. My favorite genre to this day.

+1

That's their best album, don't matter what people say.

One of my first real exposures to prog rock. I've never regretted it.

this tbq familam. Echoes changed how I look at the world

I was going to post this

I was barely alive when this came out
I can only imagine how much more life changing it would have been being conscious and british at that time

before this album I had ignorantly written off most ~90's music and a lot of '80's as well
I thought it was all shitty pop, cheesy synth stuff, crap rock that played on the radio or eurodance schlock

I listened to oldies and '70's album rock as a kid and the moved straight to the '00's indie rock my brother was into

this album made me re-evaluate a whole period of music that I had skipped over

Thanks mom and dad! This album kickstarted my musical journey.

same here, I love it. you just gotta ignore what Sup Forums says sometimes

This album introduced me to a long lasting love of Shoegaze music

It blew me away

I listened to all four velvet albums at the same time so they all changed me but pic related is the definitive one imo.
respect

>WE MUST HAVE WAITED ALL OUR LIVES FOR THHHIIIIIIIISSS

I guess I'll be the one to post it

the reason i got into hiphop

do i still hustle?

There's beauty in simplicity

the night I first got this I listened to it at least 4 times before I went to sleep
that was the only time I ever did that, I'm one of those people that rarely listens to the same song twice in a day

Sonic Youth - Sister reopened something in me I never thought I was going to look for. The bonus track Master-Dik kinda ruins the ending though.

Type O Negative - October Rust completely changed how confident I was with myself emotionally.

The Antlers - In the Attic of the Universe. Their best release, reopened my willingness to embrace that childlike wonder.

GY!BE's discography. I know you'll make fun of me, but it made me care a lot more about what's going on around me.

Giles Corey made me fucking depressed.

I'll forever hate Vol.3 the subliminal versez b/c its probably what made me so weird/creepy in highschool and I ended up never asking out my crush. That was until I started listening to Controlling Crowds and The Bends and was just depressed for senior year and started writing. I'm tired.

This is one of just four albums that I would say changed my life

I have to agree. That album completely changed my taste in music.

When I heard this in high school it inspired me to live a stoner/hippie type lifestyle. Ended up wasting like 5+ years of my life before finally realizing that working and studying is really important. Kind of ironic considering they are college graduates.

it did change my life

The medley is probably the most beautiful thing my ears ever experienced

This is the album that introduced me to experimental music, so I would say that it completely changed my life in a major way

my nigga

The production is so fucking crisp and the minimalist tone works. It makes you focus on every single drop, beat switch, etc. It's Kanye's magnum opus.

I assume you've become quite the expert on experimental music since then?
Otomo Yoshihide, Ramleh, Coil, the list could go on?

What makes you say that ?

I've got a hunch.

Well you're wrong because I've never even heard of Ramleh.

These four + Close To The Edge completely changed my life.

I guarantee you, I would not be the same person at all had I not listened to these five masterpieces.

This one changed my life.

This is the album that got me into music

Listened to it last week and hated it

Agreed

youtube.com/watch?v=GaXDhd2-mwM&feature=youtu.be

>claims to be into noise and experimental music
>never even heard of Ramleh

pathetic

When did I claim that ?

Exact same thing / process happened to me.

greatest 26 minutes of my life

the implication of getting into experimental music through a noise album would leave a person thinking that you were at least familiar with the most well-known representatives of these fields

I am, but Ramleh isn't one of them. Anyway, I never explored much noise other than Merzbow, but the realization that music doesn't have to sound musical is what changed my life, not necessarily the music scene itself.

>but Ramleh isn't one of them

they are a massively important and influential noise group lmao
as important to europe as merzbow is to japan

>best album i've listened to in a while
>then currents
kevin parker why u do dis

These and also most of GY!BE

I never really got that passionate about music before hearing this. I turned it on late one night and ended up listening on repeat until 2 AM. Two Headed Boy Part 2 is still the only song that has ever made me cry.

Definitely not as important as Boyd Rice

boyd rice is an american

>Ended up wasting like 5+ years
KEK

How about Whitehouse, then ? Or Throbbing Gristle, or Nurse with Wound ? Those artists are easily more important than this Ramleh group.

I listened to nothing but this album for about a month and a half straight when I first heard it.

whitehouse and nurse with wound were ramleh's contemporaries(whitehouse and ramleh also sharing members) and are pretty much on the same level of importance.
judging by the way you keep namedropping nothing but the most well-known of all well-known RYMcore and judging by how totally unaware you seem to be of facts that are well-known to anyone who ever read a fucking wikipedia article on any of this, i think it's safe to say that you've got no clue so i'm gonna stop responding to you now