Android privacy and anonymity

What are the must-have apps for privacy and anonymity (and safety) on Android?

I've recently bought a used, completely cleared and rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 and want to use it to use apps and browse internet completely anonymously. No SIM card, so no texting or calling.

Attached: c7000a7e466eaf3e4265019af50c834a.jpg (720x874, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neo900.org/
download.lineage.microg.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I personally know only of orbot, but I dont know if thats enough to really keep you anonymous, user.

Thanks, yeah I know orbot too. Would use orwall and orfox alongside with it.
But can anybody confirm that thats already enough if I want to have a safe and anonymous internet connection to browser and apps?
Are there any serious hardware leaks/giveaways I need to know off?
Reminder, my device is rooted so I can basically do anything, no?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

That's not the right way to have privacy. You need a custom ROM focused on privacy and more control on your phone.

First of all, install Lineage OS, then you can use some apps to maximize privacy and anonymity.

Is there a good guide on that stuff somewhere?

Go to the Lineage's site and you will know what to do the rest.

thanks man, will check it out..

Don't. Why would you even want to? The other pedos on TOX will be leaking your IP anyway you fucking degenrate.

This is the least botnet you can get
neo900.org/

Sadly every single baseband processor is backdoored but at least on this you have a physical killswitch to disable it

Not a pedo you dumbass

Aight I was just being a dick. Why the fuck would you use Android for anything other than calling your Nan? That's a serious question.

Cause I didn't /don't know any better...
What would you recommend for privacy on a Samsung Galaxy S3? Staying on rooted android or getting lineage? Or something else?

>Lineage OS
it doesn't support signature spoofing so no microg.
no microg=no fully functional smartphone, don't even get me started with glorious f-droid alternatives.
If device is not on a list: download.lineage.microg.org/ ,go crdroid.

does it work without a sim card? I've been reading through setup tutorials but all require a sim card, which i dont have and dont plan on using at all..

Because the smartphone you are recommending isn't out yet? OP has already a phone, and it's unlikely he will replace his Samsung phone as soon the Neo900 launches. Until now, installing Lineage OS is the best method.

>Staying on rooted android or getting lineage?
You can do both.

>download.lineage.microg.org/
also thanks, also its on the list... i9300

so i can basically run apps and use the internet on lineage anonymously if i setup everything correctly?

thanks dude... sorry, im a real brainlet compared to this board when it comes to smartphones, havent really doven into this rabbit hole yet but probably will more and more
I'm still confused about lineage though. It's an operating system, how can I keep android then? Is it just like an emulator or a mod or like a second OS and I can switch?

I've not recommended any smartphone, what the fuck are you talking about?

Don't use a smartphone if you want security.

If you go to a steakhouse and you're served steak, would you complain? It's not a difficult concept to understand.

install a custom rom without gapps (or micro g if you absolutely need them).
Get your apps from fdroid and nowhere else.

I would recommend getting openvpn from fdroid and connecting to a vpn from that, and then using firefox or some other open source browser. (Firefox is very slow but I recommend it because it has addon support even on mobile).

You can also install afwall+ to manage apps' internet access

You don't NEED micro g to use the phone. You only need it if you intend to use apps that are reliant on google play services.

Thanks a lot! Do you recommend any custom rom? And stupid question.. But I keep seeing that for example for lineage people are needing a sim and have problems when it isnt detected.. Does it work without a sim?

And yeah I won't be using anything from google on that phone so that's a positive thanks for that.

yes it works fine without a sim. I have installed it on an old device without one and the installation didn't bother me at all.
As for custom rom recommendations, Lineage OS is the safest one to go with, but you should check out the XDA page for your device to see what ROMs are popular and still being updated.

thank you so much guys, have a clearer understanding of it all now! lets fuck this phone up and order a new one kek

>Anonyimity
>Privacy
>Android
Lol

>I've not recommended any smartphone
If it's not a smartphone, then what is it? A custom ROM, a motherboard, or what?

When will it be released?? I heard about this device on 2015. What the fuck are they doing nowadays??

xposed+xprivacy

i have only Facebook, they said they will keep my data safe.