What the fuck Sup Forums i'm fucking livid i can't get shit to run on my GTX 1080Ti except for windows 10 while my old...

what the fuck Sup Forums i'm fucking livid i can't get shit to run on my GTX 1080Ti except for windows 10 while my old AMD 7790 machine runs every linux distro i throw at it.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON THIS IS BULLSHIT

Attached: Screenshot_20180326_170253.png (1920x1080, 854K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7PDqmtJC4
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2018-start-mesanv&num=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nvidia hates consumer Linux, they love enterprise Linux since they can make money from that.

Why would you want to "run" Linux? It doesn't do anything.

Compile new kernel it so easy. For fresh blobs and other non-free shit I will reccomend you clone official git repo.

That's what you get when the vendor hates free software. Anyway, you'll probably have to compile custom kernell with any but basic GPU support disabled and see if that works - in other words: install gentoo (and this time I'm not just meming)

Also you can download official drivers from nvidia website and install them. If you want instructions, google it

Your post assumes that OP can boot the installation medium and then the OS, which may not be the case.

nvm fixd it

Nvidia hates your freedom.

Attached: torvaldsnvidia-640x424.jpg (640x424, 29K)

PM me the fix?

linux sux at new hardware.

Read it as
>We l comet othenx world.
What's an "othenx" Sup Forums?
Is the "o" silent?

>i can't get shit to run on my GTX 1080Ti
I dual boot Windows 7 and Debian on a Titan X Pascal. You're doing it wrong

How's Nitrux?

Nvidia sucks on Linux, AMD gpu's outperform Nvidia on linux, that should tell you how shit Nvidia is when it comes to linux support

>Nvidia sucks on Linux, AMD gpu's outperform Nvidia on linux, that should tell you how shit Nvidia is when it comes to linux support
Sauce?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7PDqmtJC4

Do you have recent phoronix article, or a webm?
This is the most recent phoronixs amd vs nvidia that I can find.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2018-start-mesanv&num=1

> Ubuntu
Found your problem.
Try antergos

idk, this is just some random trivia my brain remembers

Linux only runs on 5+ years old hardware, get used to it.

This is what phoronix came up with, but that was during Jan. 2018.
To be honest the list does very little good for me since I have not/will not play any of the tested games, but here it is anyways just in case any ones curious.

Attached: amd-vs-nvidia.png (2396x3450, 1.43M)

you can now enjoy tearing and wasting more electricity than if you ran windows, enjoy!

Cleaner version.

Attached: amd-vs-nvidia2.png (2193x3834, 1.76M)

So you meant with nvidia open source drivers vs amd open source drivers only without proprietary as an option.
Everyone already knew that on linux you use proprietary for nvidia, and open source for amd. It's been like that since nvidia started signed drivers.