prepare to be banned

>white girl
>not black girl
shit meme

Let /metal/ die. It is time.

Now begins the /metal/ocalypse

Dopesmoker is boring

t. funeral doom fag

Speaking of Ghost, if I really enjoy them, do you have any recommendations?

I'm looking for this album

I forgot the band name, but the genre was black metal? With lots of piano, and the album art was an old beating a a very muscular man who is on his knees, the music had biblical themes

>the album art was an old beating
br00tal

Year of the Goat

youtube.com/watch?v=gSIoe6L_IDo

Old man*

Is this bald faggot ever going to release a new Old Man's Child album or is he going to stay with that hack Shagrath?

who cares

I do. OMC is literally the only good symphonic black metal band.

OMC sucks dog dick though

See it's easy for you to say that, like actually typing those words are simple, but the mental processes behind them, to actually believe those words to be true and expresses them as truth, are incomprehensible to me, and I would think most if not all other human life.

That's fantastic, my man.

criminally underrated Gang Green's, 1988 album, I81B4U.
It thrash metal/hardcore/punk, only 5 songs and 15 minutes, but so good and hardly anyone remembers it.
its on youtube, here, youtube.com/watch?v=-tfB8ylNh60
If you're interested.

What's some metal I can listen to with my wife's boyfriend?

gojira

suicide

terminal redux

when will metal die?

mgla

Who is this queen in the need of my seed?

looks like Belinda Carlisle from The Germs

not her

Death SS and Satan, 70s were a great time for creative band names.

If you enjoy their first album listen to Peace Sells.. and other Megadeth albums. If you enjoy the other stuff listen to Abba. I am serious, this is were their riffing is from. The other bands mentioned to you sound nothing like Ghost.

When was the last time you were happy, /metal/?

>When will metal die?

I have thought about this often for the last several years. I believe that metal at this point is going to make it through until the collapse of nations.

1. Because metal has found so much success as a counter mainstream movement in a variety of different genres, and across multiple generations, metal succeeds beyond expectations. Although iconic legends like Dio and Lemmy have passed on, and elder gods like Sabbath and Maiden are either in their last years or nearing that time, metal has proved its ability to survive through such great losses through the generations of successors.

What we will lose in particular artists or maybe even genres, we will not lose in style or form.

2. The Internet and personal media devices have allowed for counter cultural lifestyles to become the norm. Among those lifestyles are the cultures of the metal community. Quite simply, heavy metal can no longer be subdued by global media, because of our ability to access our own tastes and interests whenever we want. This continues to proliferate interest in bands, and therefore artists will continue to sell tickets for promoters, which is the most important thing. After all metal thrives off of its community and the energy at live events.

3. Manowar's retirement may be the single most important blow to metal as a whole. All of the gods have been shaking on their mountains and in their labyrinths since the first battle hymns were written by Joey DeMaio. Although Manowar may lower their blades, in this the hour of their final ride, we must remain strong as steel.

tldr

never, it will actually last beyond when rock lasts, because metal is based on generally conservative leaning ideals, one of which being tradition, which will stand the test of time no matter how much else changes. There will be second wave black metal 100 years from now unless something drastic happens. Rock doesn't have the same community involvement and idealism that metal has, as
pointed out, hence why it's susceptible to dying, strange as it may seem. Metal isn't just a music, it's a way of life similar to that of ethnic people's. If people are still practicing paganism after the christians destroyed the vikings, then metal can last just as long.

>3. Manowar's retirement may be the single most important blow to metal as a whole

Manowar has been shit since like 1990 you faggot. Their albums are pleb and their live performances are a disgrace to their name.

Ross the Boss on the other hand: youtube.com/watch?v=sJbgMrZeUpw

popular metal today is the metalcore shit, so you can safely say it's dead

nice bait

>popular metal today is the metalcore shit
It's 2016, not 2009.

As much as I hate metalcore, you are wrong. None of the top 10 selling albums last year was metalcore.

there hasn't been a really great metal album since 1995.

This is Sepultura's fault. They ruined metal. It made people think I listen to shit like Disturbed when I say I listen to metal

Go to bed Nocturno Culto

entirely the wrong meme
but nice try

>there hasn't been a really great metal album since 1995.
Yes, they have. They just don't sell like they did in previous times. The Devil's Blood, Satan, Manilla Road, Deathhammer, Black Magic and Christian Mistress for example; they all releases great albums.
Ted actually likes the recent underground.

Metalcore hasn't been popular in nearly a decade.

You fucking poser. How dare you disrespect Manowar in my presence. Don't you know that the gods made heavy metal and saw that it was good?

Bölzer, Occvlta and Vorum all work on albums so it's gonna be fine.

>The Devil's Blood, Satan, Manilla Road, Deathhammer, Black Magic and Christian Mistress
Mediocre to mildly interesting releases
nothing great

Bolzer's a fucking meme, Occvlta are at best untested and Vorum is overrated and way too derivative

>You fucking poser. How dare you disrespect Manowar in my presence. Don't you know that the gods made heavy metal and saw that it was good?
My point is they are disrespecting themselves. I know you are memeing but this is just bad: youtube.com/watch?v=RtW45CMBLa8

And selling your tickets for more than even Maiden is is not helpful either. I would pay to see Ross though. Dude seems chill.

Another point, if you need metal to be commercially popular in order to prove to yourself that it is alive and well, then you're not really immersed in the genre or scene at all. There are festivals with extreme bands performing all over the world all of the time. You can go to one of them and watch any number of bands from Slayer, Satan, Nuclear Assault, Autopsy, Samael, you name it, they're there. You can turn on a Spotify channel and listen to hundreds of extreme metal bands all day, every day, every week of the year.

You know who didn't have this luxury? People from the '90s, and yet the '90s was one of the most inventive and eclectic periods for real metal. The types of bars where extreme death metal and thrash metal boomed into existence are in every major city across the United States. Go to one. Follow your local music venues. Look at fliers for bands that are playing in your area.

Real metal is far from dead. We are still enjoying a very glorious renascence.

>90s was one of the most inventive and eclectic periods for real metal.
when will this shit meme end

Alright. Alright. We can shake hands. $70 is not a fair expense to see Manowar play.

I'm going off what's being shared on my facebook feed

>Bolzer's a fucking meme,
That doesn't mean anything. Their EPs are great and pretty innovative given the genre
>Occvlta
Saw them more than once. Expect great thing.
>untested
They have been around for like 10 years and played countless show.
>Vorum
It's Death Metal so it sounds like Death Metal. Again: They are great live and their EP included so many great riff it's otherworldly (if you were talking about the album, Id agree). But I tried to push Current Mouth here before and Djent faggot seem to be unable to grasp how great it is.

+upvoted
Insightful review.

It's 90 Euro for their "farewell" faggotery.

>facebook feed
yeah, because what goes on there is relevant to music enthusiasts.

Bolzer isn't innovative at all, Occvlta haven't tried or had to push an artistic vision, Vorum is a slightly better than average death outfit.

Thanks

well metal is mostly based around dissonance and distortion
both of which are fundamental to music and will likely exist forever

Name me another band with a similar chord structure.

To which?

Bölzer.
Also you are wrong about Occvlta but this is Sup Forums so no matter what I post will change your mind. Just get ready to be wrong or in denial when the LP is here.
Regarding Vorum: I will side with Fenriz and state that it is the essential DM record of 2015 simply because of the riffs being awesome.

Yes, we are lucky. I'd have never gotten into extreme metal if I didn't have the internet growing up.

Grave Miasma, Necro Christos, Aethyvorous, Mitochondrion
Occvlta as I said is untested yet so we'll wait, but i haven't heard anything special
I don't give a shit what Fenriz thinks, Vorum is nothing great.

What do you guys think about this lineup?

actually very decent

>Angelcorpse headlining anything

Lolwut

fuck all of you
youtube.com/watch?v=V7hN8mu4S8M

some good bands, a couple stinkers too. strange they would pick oakland for this desu.

is icon of phobos no longer playing? or is this just an old flier?

oh and expect cobalt to be added to the bill. they're doing a tour with mantar around this time so it's a fair bet they'll be showing up.

Go to a festival or to an ordinary show. Just get out. Rob a bank or a flea market if you have to get money. Just go do something fun while it lasts.

What are the stinkers in your opinion?

I'm not that familiar with them but I fucking love perdition temple which I assume isnt that different.

I honestly think this is the best post-metal album of all time

a cock in your ass

And here come the atmoshitters

well good for you i guess

It's good. Massively better than the piece of shit that comes after.

>tfw CDF is too pussy to get GBK to headline

>atmoshitters
stay salty

I like Panopticon more

angelcorpse, flesh parade, unholy grave, agoraphobic nosebleed, of the ones i've heard.

i've not seen any of them live though, maybe they put on good shows. i'm more partial to black metal anyhow.

hooded menace, ruins of beverast, and revenge are great, i'm surprised to see ruins playing this especially.

>agoraphobic nosebleed

They do need to appeal to the Relapse crowd afterall

youtube.com/watch?v=Vesk1w8rHBQ

although the new album is 100% completely different but still very solid

Maritime and Hym make Oceanic slightly better for me but they're pretty close.

This is fucking amazing. It's like the black metal album you would dream of when you're 14, and I mean that in the best way possible. I need more.

BACKGROUND INFO: i hate summoning

You and I have very different ideas of black metal

Any vocals similar to this? (Doesn't have to be black metal)
youtube.com/watch?v=uLSUQYzqXZ0

>not having nostalgia of crafting epic dark video game symphony soundtracks because you thought rachmaninoff and kingdom hearts music was the greatest thing in the world
maximum overpleb

youtube.com/watch?v=SDn1xrIxhcs

Courtesy of /meal/ favorite slavic nsbm band

youtube.com/watch?v=AyfBxXaNOjE

very similar if not identical disregarding a few asides

Perdition Temple maoty 2015

yeah I do not feel bad about that at all.

Have fun with that.

Do you also like this then?

Something similar to this?

never listened, will try.
will do user, thanks :)

go fuck yourself

Anything like early Rotting Christ?

so close

Maritime is pretty comfy, but Syndic Calls and Altered Course make my panties super wet

How do i into Bal-Sagoth?

>album has a cool cover
>it's shit
Every time

example

90% of everything on bandcamp