How would people react if suddenly for some reason the internet was completely gone?

Attached: 14856373129413.jpg (662x398, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859
umass.edu/newsoffice/article/research-finds-us-murder-rate-suppressed-improved-emergency-medical-response.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1989_geomagnetic_storm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A massive surge of suicides, murders, drug abuse, risky sexual behavior and eating own boogers.
Also a worldwide depression resulting in WW3.

Attached: 1515330878804.jpg (800x800, 83K)

so it would make no difference at all?

t. suicidal booger gourmand

no, pretty indifferent but observing that things look quite bleak

I'd reboot my shitty ADSL modem-router, short couple times with special 50 ohm resistor the phone line, call my ISP to fix it, get my money ba~ Oh shi... ATM doesn't have internet either?

Crime is dropping hard for years and it will continue to drop because people who got their brain fried by lead fumes from leaded gasoline are dying out.
Mental health is finally being recognized, so problems are actually beginning to get treated now.
Risky sexual behavior dropped hard too - nowadays the stereotypical gay sex fiends are pretty much nonexistent and the worst you can get is a pansexual college slut girl who fucks 10 dudes before she gets her first job.

The whole
>It's getting worse! cataclysm soon!
is just a meme that conservatards and other idiots love to repeat to have something to blame non-conservatards for.
The world was always shit, but it's consistently getting less shit.

Shitpost on my HAM

Technically speaking, is a complete blackout even possible?

Attached: 1487329650345.jpg (530x667, 32K)

ham radio as hobby is absurdly comfy. I wish it made a comeback

>less shit
Lol

>so problems are actually beginning to get treated now.
You mean by treated "celebrated", right?

It is illegal in my country.

Solar flares

Go for a ride. No internet - no speed tickets.

It is happening already. Only slavs and japs are still white tho.

there are reports of "MASSIVE DOOM SOLAR FLARE TOMORROW!!11" dozens of times a year and I have yet to see one having any noticeable impact

If, or when it does, I'm going to commit the ancient art of Seppuku

at least without any tech you could still commit Sudoku

Kek. Indeed true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

Also a 2012 event measuring ~600 nT took out an entire Canadian province power.

I am assuming anything over 1000 nT is probably devastating and would probably take months if not years to recover.

A few years ago a ~1200 nT flare barely missed Earth.

>1859

It would a collapse of financial systems
Dial-up modem prices would skyrocket

But the internet would still be gone

He's implying that it can happen again easily

Serious? The economy would collapse. Duh. The pixie dollars that we rely on are in turn reliant on constant small adjustments and trades. The infrastructure of banks, even the client-facing portion, require the internet to operate. There are no systems in place should the internet fail. You wouldn't be able to withdraw money or even spend it at most large stores. It would trigger riots and pandemonium. If it were gone for good, we would be seriously fucked. Remember that society as we know it is grounded in a transient technological shift, and that as soon as the world regains equilibrium, a net positive GDB increase will be impossible and ubiquitous strife will return.

Lel

Attached: 1503116321403.gif (288x430, 1.92M)

>Mental health is finally being recognized, so problems are actually beginning to get treated now.
Nice treatment.
Also There's a version of pic related with imgur pictures included but I can't post it on Sup Forums.
Spoiler: it doesn't look like a vagina at all

Attached: FyzZTLN.png (1409x4383, 880K)

>picrelated
I hope he doesn't kill himself too quickly. There's a lot of suffering he should go through first for being a mentally ill faggot who let some doctor cut off his dick.

/r/datahoarders
/r/sneakernet
/r/darknetplan
/r/meshnet
/r/ham

Russia's export-based economy is shaky, the USA losing its grip in the middle east, draconian EU regulations taking place, machines and machine learning replacing humans, government on informational choke hold of its people.
World is shit, wake me up when we live in small tribes again.

If that happens, I will cut my dick off, I swear it.

I grew up before the internet, life was OK without it just read some books. I miss magazines.

Now that is just fucking sad.
Have some fucking dignity, faggot.

Attached: 1514584003860.gif (178x195, 875K)

I think humanity would be better off eventually, desu.

Yes, so?
People will connect their local networks by phone.

Get back to making music full time

impeach drumpf

Infinite growth! Finite planet!

Wait for 56% to become 65%, then 80% and then somewhere around 95% there won't be any humans left to operate the data centers.

By then no humans will be necessary to run them. The future is a barbarians among lost technology science fiction cliche.

Jesus Christ how can people doing this call themselves doctors. They know very well what they are doing.

>high tech enclaves where the last, degenerated descendants of white people are catered to by fully automated AI houses surrounded by the overgrown ruins of urban areas full of roaming mutts
I'd play it.

>By then no humans will be necessary to run them
You think technology will have progressed that far in the next 10 years?

Do it and live with the knowledge that you doomed some cuck to a life of misery

OR

Don't do it and be fired because you are a racist sexist transphobic bigot that probably wants to sell AR-15s to white kids.

>Crime is dropping hard for years and it will continue to drop because people who got their brain fried by lead fumes from leaded gasoline are dying out.
Yes, this was a very plausible theory. Also, when people talk about falling crime they like to use murder was their stat of choice while conveniently forgetting about umass.edu/newsoffice/article/research-finds-us-murder-rate-suppressed-improved-emergency-medical-response.

Send SSTV encoded shitpost memes over the air

>95%
>ten years
No, it would take a while longer.

All it would take would be for the US government to stop classing North Africans and Latin Americans as White.

nice digits

>Risky sexual behavior dropped hard too - nowadays the stereotypical gay sex fiends are pretty much nonexistent
Nice try, Ken Boy, but we know all about your little 'parties'

Assuming the internet, meaning the current models of DNS and ISPs fall over, you might find something else rising from the ashes.

The optimist in me hopes some kind of mesh network, the realist... more of the same

This desu
Grandpa was a huge ham before internet now all he does is watch westerns from the 50s as 60s on fodgy websites

Attached: 1521699127120.jpg (900x542, 88K)

>risky sexual behavior
?

It can though, we just have no way to defend, so why worry?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1989_geomagnetic_storm

What the fuck am I reading there, Jesus Christ and people think that transitioning and cutting your genitalia off is the best thing to help those people? My God.

>mental health is finally being recognized, so problems are actually beginning to get treated now
Is this post bait?

>muh progress
>muh Whig historiography
>muh Hegelian dialectic
pls. any honest observer of history would notice that things do not get better or worse, but that stasis and inertia are constants. puntuated equilibrium is a better model of human social dynamics than anything else.

Get back to mainstream media. At least flat earthers can't have much media attention.
Then you can't stream it. Sup Forums is sad too.

>The world was always shit, but it's consistently getting less shit.
naive and pollyannaish to the extreme

>Crime is dropping hard for years
that's so wrong on so many levels. there are wars being fought, people are getting killed all over the planet thanks to uneducated sandnogs, poverty increases which results also in higher crime rate and that's all happening over in the western countries because the ties that held the system for so long are breaking bit by bit.
>Mental health is finally being recognized, so problems are actually beginning to get treated now.
no they are not, they are even encouraged, see transgenderism. and if that's not the case, they are replaced by drug addiction, which is another mental health issue, thanks to the medicine you are prescribed to deal with your mental health. so from untreated mental health, to treated mental health, resulting in another mental health issue.
>Risky sexual behavior dropped hard too
what are traps, what is self mutilation

you are one delusional motherfucker

>getting less shit
>peak oil
>ocean fisheries gone
>largest mass extinction in history happening unnoticed
>global warming past the point of no return
ironically, it's the conservatives going "let's just do whatever we want, in the long run we're all dead", while all the liberals do is sign self congratulatory treaties that allow them to feel good about having done precisely nothing.

Attached: downloadfile-1.png (1000x669, 847K)

Sadly, it seems to really be the best way to help them. Which is to say, without it they're, on average, even worse. But I am really, really curious how we'll look on our present explosion in sexual identities a few decades on.

life would get pretty boring

The very existence of radio waves will ensure we have some means of communication, apart from spectral jamming.

>tfw no Soundcloud to upload my dizz tracks and sick trap beats