What is the best IDE?

Sup Sup Forums

Bring your best reasonings.
This seems like some good ol' bait but I come to ask a serious question...

What IDE do you prefer or is using a compiler and text editor the best way to go?

:)
tyvm in advance.

Attached: Selection_009.png (496x587, 855K)

I use nano

I use Code::Blocks.

...Yes, I know, I have brought shame upon my family's name. It is full of nifty features when it isn't crashing though. *shrug*

i use code blocks. i never tried coding in C with visual studio.

Notepad

i use atom for java

Attached: toosoon.jpg (1224x720, 192K)

Visual studio with resharper. Teaches patience and builds character

I use vim for python, C, OCaml, js and html. Rstudio for R (although I'll prob move to vim now that I got the hang of it) and eclipse for Java.

Eclipse for everything (especially C++ and Python)

Am I the only one around here who uses kdevelop? It is pretty good if you can work with cmake... And ofc customizable

it depends on your power level

mine is terribly high so I use emacs for everything including shitposting

Every single post above is cancer. Especially the retard that mentioned eclipse.

The IDEs are ranked in this order

Intellij > visual studio = netbeans >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else in this thread > notepad > pen and paper > dog shit > eclipse

Intellij costs money unfortunately but it is the best. I have used all the major ide's.

Best IDE for what?

Everything from Jetbrains

vim

Dépend of the langage.

emacs

That obviously depends on the language, but in general:
Visual Studio + Resharper >= Intellij and other jetbrains IDEs >>> everything else. As far as jetbrains go, Intellij seems more polished than pycharm, for example, but that's most likely because making tools for a dynamically typed language is harder.
Don't fall for the text editor meme, unless you don't plan to do anything more complicated than a fizzbuzz.

geany

Cheers. Also, use QtCreator on linux instead of VS.