Ween's best record

I will still argue to the death that this is their best release

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq23a5ray8&t=1m17s
youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5tWMdoQdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's go

Has it's moments, but sure as hell isn't perfect start to finish

It's going to be alright and pink eye ruin the Mollusk. Pure Guava is an artistic masterpiece with thought evoking lyrics that are deeper than Kanye's.

I will agree that Pink Eye is a weak track, but I love It's Gonna Be Alright. I see what you mean for Pure Guava. Too bad most of the songs with great lyrics are fucking annoying

You're describing Quebec though my friend

Or maybe... the whole discography?!?

They're both great albums though, I think it's kinda hard to determine Ween's best release considering how different each album is. I still think we can agree that 12 Golden Country Great's had only 2 good songs.

What do you guys think of White Pepper?

Unpopular opinion?

Good, but definitely not their best

I like it. Yes im a pleb but oh well. Album is pure bangers

This and GodWeenSatan are the best, if you're going thematically.

Am I the only one who knows PG is all about faggotry?

Exactly Where I'm At is GOAT song on not their best album.

Agree with you OP, Quebec is a close second, Pure Guava just gets annoying sometimes

This is the only album by Ween that I like. I don't know why.

This is actually Ween's best.

oh god the cover reminds me off the Undertale final boss so much. fuck that.

I can't imagine being the fan of this quirky joke band back in 97, looking forward to the next album. Then they release this atmospheric prog-rock masterpiece. It must have blown minds.

What a terrible opinion, 12 Golden Country Greats has 10 great songs. It also only has 10 songs.

That's because it's their only album where they actually took music seriously (to an extent).

Wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq23a5ray8&t=1m17s

Their sound and lyrics might be quirky and sort of ridiculous at times, and I'm sure that doesn't deprive you the joy of e.g. Pure Guava, but to consider their music "unambitious" and "good for the sake of fun" is stupid. I think they are/were one of the best sounding bands out there. And the stupid lyrics are way more entertaining and meaningful to me than most average, strained-and-awkward _serious_ analogies for love adn other _serious_ themes.

tobequitehonestsenpai

The Mollusk isn't Brown enough for me. Pure Guava is their best.

this

100° celsius opinion coming through

It has too much filler, but still one of their best

>its going to be alright ruins the mollusk

plebian

Filler? I thought that was the issue with White Pepper.

Yep, it's definitely worse in White Pepper.
Still, songs like Alcan Road, Captain or The Fucked Jam feel mediocre to me

This is correct

>atmospheric prog-rock masterpiece
When will this meme end?
The Mollusk is just like all of the other Ween albums with a mix of goofy songs and serious ones.

Quebec is their best with The Mollusk in second.

12 Golden Country Greats is underrated.

The only less than stellar album is La Cucaracha.

>32
>this still hasn't been posted

damn you guys suck

Objectively speaking, Mollusk is their best album (and I don't even like it), with Oneness being their second best.

I'll agree with this

you're right

This and Pure Guava are the best one's

Objectively speaking, that is a shit opinion

Fuck off please

pure guava doesnt really seem to have a real purpose behind the weirdness, it's almost like they're going through the motions at that point. i feel like they were ready to move on to chocolate and cheese style stuff at that point but they still felt like they had to grasp on to the abrasiveness of their first two releases.

these are my favorites. quebec feels like an album made from true despair. the pod feels like a set of songs that couldn't have been recorded in any other way.

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5tWMdoQdg

What's the deal with this album and band? is it comedy rock or something? Or maybe it's some epic alternative rock opera?

some people get it, some don't

Hmm ok, so it's that type of band. I'll give it a shot then.

It's Going to be Alright made me literally fall down crying. ( was going through a breakup)

best song in the album senpai desu sempai

Nah, man that's Golden Eel

The Blarney Stone boys

The Chicago version (and other live ones) is the only great rendition of it.

Muh nigga.

For all of the talk of The Mollusk I've never heard the praise that The Golden Eel deserves. Holy shit that's a great song.

I agree the live version is absolutely outstanding

aaaaye aaaye aaaaye

SHARPEN YOUR BOOT

Please elaborate on the PG faggotry.

The album name isnt referring to the songs, its referring to the 12 golden country greats who worked on the album with them

Really a bummer that Ocean Man is a giant meme and any time anyone posts this album half the replies are OCEAN MAN

Love this album, it's really good.
The Mollusk, Golden Eel, and Buckingham Green are all lots of fun on a bunch of acid

Not a single post referenced Ocean Man at all...

>Ctrl + F "ocean man"
>Three matches
>All of them are from these posts
half the replies indeed...

is it just me or does this album vaguely feel like a concept album? I know deaner and gener claim that the mollusk is their only concept album, but think about it. Starting out with "its gonna be a long night" a really aggressive song followed by "zoloft" a chill as fuck song. then throw shit in there like "happy colored marbles" and "if you could save yourself" songs about difficulties in geners relationship, it seems like the concept in this "concept album" is the events leading up to geners divorce.

Can anyone else agree on this?

Also, yeah, its my favorite ween album.

Listen to Chocolate and Cheese

honestly dunno how this is listenable at all for anyone

i like the idea + concept of it and it suits my artistic taste but it just seems super cringe to try to take seriously

maybe i don't get it and am a huge loser

It isn't a serious album though for most of it.

Buckingham Green is a funny parody of prog rock.

I like Ween's first two albums though.

>taking any music seriously

I think it's a concept album too user..or at least I want it to be one