If Trump gets in will it be a repeat of the early 2000s with all the DUDE GEORGE BUSH LMAO punk bands?

If Trump gets in will it be a repeat of the early 2000s with all the DUDE GEORGE BUSH LMAO punk bands?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Cy0hK8uBQ4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_Iran
youtube.com/watch?v=iOAifG-mc1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Normal pop music and quirky sjw pop will be like that too. Hip hop's the only popular genre that won't give much of a shit.

1. Trump elected
2. Israel takes Gaza
3. Iran bombs Israel
4. Trump nukes Iran
5. ?

Nope, more like Ronald Reagan time again. Many punk bands in the 80's message has always been anti-Reagan and I speculate if Trump wins the election that the influence will be based on him.

>jellobiafratryingtostayrelevant.jpg

Yes and they'll be even more justified

nobody is going to be nuking anybody you stupid shit now stfu

>implying that 80's "protest" punk wasn't the best.
Even though, Nazi Trump Fuck Off (it's real) is a bit of a stretch.

I can't tell if Franco Un-American is supposed to be making fun of liberal hippie pseudo intellectual activists or if it's a serious song.

Oi Oi Oi!

Nazi Punks Fuck Off actually isn't about racist skinheads. It's about jocks who would show up to punk shows to get in fights and didn't really "get" it.

Trump said he wouldn't even take nuking Europe off the table so I'm pretty sure nuking Iran is a reasonable scenario.

Trump is very pro-Israel and very pro-violence

I think it's more 50/50, the 50 being, about actual nazi punks, who though that California Uber Alles and Kill the Poor were both serious.

Thank god, and so they should. There has never been a time where art has been so politically muted, in a time when we need it the most

youtube.com/watch?v=-Cy0hK8uBQ4

>5. ?
probably nothing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_Iran

cringe/10

>caring about anything is cringy

Thinking politics have any place in music is alpha cringelord territory

>not wanting Donald Trump
>2016

youtube.com/watch?v=iOAifG-mc1I

I agree. Everyone acts like trump is a joke and isn't going to win.

I can't wait until all the cux and SJWs eat each other when he wins

Hardly. All art is political, art for arts sake with no meaning either socially or politically is of little value desu. Man by nature is political, why shouldn't art reflect that?

Yeah I also can't wait for Trump to win, then the rest of the world can stop taking US seriously.

>then the rest of the world can stop taking US seriously

There are many people around the world that do not take the US seriously, even b4, even now and in the future

and then what? trump makes america 'great again' and all the sjw's have no reason to bitch anymore?

guy has no plans, no policy, backflipped on everything that attracted people to him in the first place.

Yeah that's why US is still the most influential country in the world, even if it lost its primacy in almost everything.

MAKE DRUMPF GREAT AGAIN

i have a sort of hard time seeing much political music gaining traction in the current music scene honestly, ppl just wanna escape that shit now that social media exists

You must listen to better music than me then

This.

The rest of the world fucking loves the US, even if they pretend not to.

of course. RATM, 21P, Macklemore, RTJ, the list goes on

Oh god, not this all art is political shit again. Keep your shitty propaganda art to yourself, I'll enjoy shit of actual aesthetic merit.

Name one artist, that's not political in any way.
Sure you don't need to enjoy art for it's politics, but it's still political.

my bloody valentine

Gucci Mane

aphex twin

really? you don't see anything poltiical about gucci?

all instrumental music

No

All political.
MBV is a bit "harder" to prove, because I never understood their lyrics. But "silly love songs" drowned out by vacuum cleaners are still political. Obviously not in a direct supporting this or that party/politician way, but still based on some political beliefs that inform their music.

Gucci Mane, like most of hip-hop is the product of the societal position that the blacks have in the US, which informs his music, no matter how much it's just about supposedly un-political things.

Aphex Twin is pretty obviously political, the most obvious is in his videos and cover art, but even his music has and is filled with politics. Again, that doesn't mean that he is supporting gay marriage, or whatever in his music, but still has some political stance in broader sense. I mean you don't call your album Syro for nothing....

Instrumental music can still be programmatic, which means that the author wanted to convey an exact message with it. Take Overture 1812 by Tchaikovsky for example, completely instrumental, yet it's a propaganda piece none the less.

>I mean you don't call your album Syro for nothing....
what did he mean by this?

well good point I forgot that at the very least instrumentals still have their respective song titles.

All the spoiled white liberals will be overjoyed if Trump gets elected. It will be so good for them to have an evil bigot right wing nazi in office so they can be LOUD AND PROUD about their virtue signaling and ego. They don't want "progress" they want something evil to rebel against because they're children.

I can already see pop punk bands naming their albums some kind of twist on 'make america great again'

damn, you sure got a large section of the american populace figured out there user

Syria - Syro. It's obvious. ;^) Maybe I should go with drukqs, which is obviously taking some kind of stance on legality of drugs...

I don't want to sound like I'm memeing, but we're fucked if trump gets in.

Nothing's going to change. It never does, not even for the worse.

>implying Donald Trump isn't going to make America great again

Go back to tumblr you fags.

How unamerican do you have to be, to think that America isn't already great??

of course you think that, Brandon, you bed wetting cuck

that's a bit of an overstatement, but yeah, if Trump were elected things wouldn't go apocalyptic like some people claim
it would still get a decent bit shittier though

I do like his stance on immigration though

which he will flip on, watch.

>then the rest of the world can stop taking US seriously.

that happened decades ago

git gud

you're like a frog in hot water
things have changed to the worst since reagan

I don't even know.

What is a frog on hot water like? Dead?

>Reagan

which is why we need another celebrity to be president. It will complete the circle and allow america to continue to be great

probably located in the bayou, so hopefully

>no joke bands based on obama
this just proves that US has been racist towards whites only for past 20 years

yeah well he sent everything into motion lining his pockets with Saudi money. we've had to fight almost 20 years of war against people they didn't like because of it.

I had never considered this to be why there is so little politically charged music nowadays but I think you're spot on.

preach

it's funny because you also perfectly described the alt. right & Sup Forums and tumblr in one post.

another one for horseshoe theory.

I like ur style

this got me more than the shitpost you're replying to user, genuinely good job user. solid 9/10

>Russia

they wont do shit especially now that the sanctions have been lifted from Iran which was their main connection in the first place. Russia is increasingly becoming an island unto itself these days not to mention putin and trump have basically been sucking each others dicks.

>got me
in what way

Political=/=Life topics

negatively, as in mild annoyance
I genuinely hope you don't actually buy into horseshoe theory

in that the further you go in either direction the dumber you sound to well-adjusted human beings, of course.

You have a lot of time to make shit up, don't you? Your thoughts are like a schizophrenic.

But it's true. It's all they do now, and they're only just afraid he will be president.

i mean, if you're here it's pretty obvious you have nothing going on. same with everyone here

>>> Sup Forums

>all ideas even mildly distant from the typical ideological stance of a society are bad because "muh well-adjusted human beings"
wew lad
you said they'd be overjoyed and now you're saying they'd be scared
make up your mind user

>buy into

They'll deny reality at every twist and turn.

>>/niggerlover/

>mildly distant
>fascism, communism, totalitarianism
yeah those are completely normal

I'm not sure what you're trying to say user
my point is that basing your opinions off of what is normal or not is one of the most idiotic things you could do

>what is normal
>as opposed to what is the literal definition of insanity which those ideologies are
i think i'll go with normal

you just dropped your previous argument solely for literally nothing
I'm guessing you genuinely have no clue why you hold the opinions you do other than "that's just the way things are"

the point was always that the opposite ends of the spectrum are filled with ideologies that have never formed a long-lasting society despite many attempts at doing so. ascribing to 'well, it's never worked before, but let's try it again' is far worse than leaning towards normalcy.

but user, that ignores the fact that 'normalcy' itself has shifted almost constantly over the course of the past millennium. if you want to make that argument then really the only viable society is some ancient arrangement, or maybe feudalism if you want to go as recent as possible.
that's not even taking into account the fact that due to said change some of said 'extreme' ideologies could potentially work better now than they could when they were last attempted.

>when they were last attempted.
they're still attempted now, though, and it still holds true that as a government leans towards authoritarianism (which even the democracies in the west are), social unrest and eventual upheaval happens. we've been through the cycle of staging revolution, having leader come out of it, guillotine him a few decades later, etc. every century.

it's human nature, neither extreme works in practice.

Me neither!

Hi faggots.
i used to be on Sup Forums 24/7, but i "quit" it for a year or two.
What has changed here? I sure hope most of you support Trump, or at least don't go with shitty forced memes like Drumpf, and i don't even live in the USA.

I fucking hope not. I hated that Rock Against Bush shit back in '04, if I have to deal with it again I won't be able to stand it.

you should quit it again for Sup Forums
their shitposting is more your style

Did i offend you in some way?

No

no, but nice digits

TRUMP will be the greatest president since reagan and much better than than islamist barry soetero who has held the presidency hostage for 8 years

this is just too blatant

I'm actually serious you libtard piece of shit

Nah, he's just boring.

>inb4 people say Reagan was the worst president

Wrong, that would be Andrew Jackson

this post is even worse
so bad that I'll give you a pity (You)
please do something better with your time user

t-thanks

guess i'll settle for second worst, said Reagan, as he armed the Saudis who would eventually carry out 9/11.