Will Apple ever make a high end upgradeable computer again?

Will Apple ever make a high end upgradeable computer again?

Attached: macpro.png (497x498, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2017/12/15/modular-mac-pro-still-coming/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>again

They don't even know what a computer is anymore.

Why would they? They earn more in a year from consumer iThings than they ever did from high-end stuff. They're less a tech company than a trendy luxury brand, and desktop computers haven't been trendy for two decades.

I don't know

/thread

I wish I could buy this case as just the case. Its still so pretty

underage detected
certain powermac machines had PCI slots

elegant on the inside, ugly and hipsterish on the outside

No. Cause there are more important things like animated dogs.

>powershit
Brainlet mactoddler detected.

Attached: 1515120078940.png (610x1054, 160K)

The Power Mac G4 was such a great case. I loved how it opened.

Attached: PowerMac_G4_MDD_open[1].jpg (1450x1398, 628K)

/thread

>two decades
Let's make it 4 to save ourselves the normie apocolypse

>computer

they're just: Apple. They used to be: Apple Computer

Lol
/thread

>another episode of underages thinking Apple made macbooks and imacs since 1976

Their shit has always had caveats , the thing is they don't have the major liar with them anymore.

The thing is NO they will not convince you of buying into their shit as they used to.

they never will
they've already done the math that retards who think they're "enthusiast level" will take the bait and just buy a brand new computer every time they upgrade

/thread

I don't understand, how does that make him a mactoddler or a brainlet? You posted a screenshot of an article about Apple lying to sell their garbage computers in response to someone saying that powermacs had PCI slots (and they do, cheese grater Mac Pros do as well). How does stating a fact make him a brainlet Mac fanboy?

>having PCI slots makes mac garbage high end when they were getting fucking destroyed by consumer Athlon XPs

Attached: 1520584545604.jpg (921x606, 43K)

Ah, I see you're just here to shit on Macs. Carry on.

Attached: fox_and_grape_comic.jpg (688x1434, 363K)

Just hackintosh? Build a system with that new nzxt mobo, it looks sleek and probably useless too (haven't seen any reviews yet), take off the fans off of your gpu/cpu and spray paint the cooler black to make it look good, remember - it doesn't have to cool well, the chips will just throttle accordingly ;)

>pc users enjoy delicious grapes while iFox is stuck with worm ridden apple

>>powershit
>Brainlet mactoddler detected.
Fuck off retard, my IBM Intellistation was great.

Wrong.

they just do premium mass-market stuff now
they have just enough tech nouse to keep things interesting, eg: airpods, watch
but niche stuff like servers... never coming back

Jesus Christ this board is retarded. This year dumbfucks. Not like you can afford it anyway.

macrumors.com/2017/12/15/modular-mac-pro-still-coming/

>will throttle and perform worse than a $600 walmart acer
>mactoddler sheep will defend it to the death

I would gladly pay $3000 for an actual mac workstation with lga2066 and upgradeable everything.

ITT: Retards living in a barrel.
Modular Mac Pro is coming in 2019

see

Wow you can make imaginary claims. Good job, tardo

Wow you think macshit isn't fucking trash. Good job tardo.

classic poor pajeet

have fun shitting on the streets

>Work in a creative industry
>Everyone at my company is a macfag
>Sent their old Mac pros out to a company to get upgraded
>Put in a Titan x and two new xeons
>None of the software ever works, can't even take out the gpu and put it on another computer because the rom was flashed.
I fucking hate this thing. It's the best computer we have and it's just sitting in a corner gathering dust because whatever we run just causes it to crash. We also have the trashcan Mac and that thing is a fucking joke.

I have 3 of those one i am earmarking to put an xeon in

>modular
>upgradeable
I don't think Apple thinks that means what you think it means.
over/under on Apple being the only supplier of bespoke modules for upgrades?

>>Sent their old Mac pros out to a company to get upgraded
Next time, send it to someone who knows what they are doing. Bob's Big Computer Barn just doesn't cut it.

They specialized in what they were doing, hence the rom flashing and the software work arounds. It doesn't fix a bad OS and bad drivers though

I won't believe Apple is committed to making a headless computer until they follow-through on the very simple project of bringing out a new mac mini. If they can't/won't do that, then I have to question their technical ability (and commitment) to creating a high end, upgradeable computer.

>I have to question their technical ability (and commitment) to creating a high end, upgradeable computer.
It isn't ability that's lacking, all it would take is throwing a 2066 mobo, an i7, and a decent gpu into a shiny box and slapping a logo on it. They just don't want to because they'd rather sell you a $3k all in one or a laptop

people are enthralled by their brand. they'd probably do fairly well if they made a modular system similar to a standard PC

bad parenting leads to apple enthusiasts

Yep, I totally agree with you. And your argument also dims the hopes of those wanting that new Mac Pro. Why would Apple cannibalize sales of their iMac by introducing a new, upgradeable Mac Pro? Unless they brand the new Mac Pro into a much higher pricing tier, and then, who would buy it? It's just not looking good for the Mac Mini and Mac Pro fans.

All these fucking replies and yet everyone failed to mention that there is currently one in the works.

It clearly has nothing to do with their ability. They are a consumer products company, they know there is simply not enough demand for their $5000 towers to justify productions, it was like 5% of their business

you can't blame them for not making something very few people actually demand (and by demand I mean that people will buy, not just gawk at online)

>they'd probably do fairly well if they made a modular system similar to a standard PC
they did that for decades bro, they didn't stop making them because there was too much demand for them lol

>All these fucking replies and yet everyone failed to mention that there is currently one in the works.
people have been saying that for literally years and years and years

>you can't blame them for not making something very few people actually demand
I hear ya.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that it had some upgradeable parts. Maybe not anything I'd be satisfied with, but still

>still posting the bullshit Microsoft paid advertisement magazine criticizing a proprietary OEM for dressing up benchmark data like any other marketing department and using their own compilers just like any other non-x86 vendor did at the time
guess it's guaranteed (You)s just because it's so fucking stupid, especially with the red underlining because Sup Forumstoddlers are so used to their fellow troglodytes being unable to read more than a tweet at a time

Yeah, they literally confirmed it halfway through last year.

14 year old detected. My sound engineer is still using a G5 Mac for mission critical work.

>Winbabby sperglord thinks his rainbow LEDs and XXtr3m design gaymen toys are welcome here

Back to until you're old enough to know anything about current tech.

>macbabby sperglord thinks his rainbow fruity toy brand and SOY design toddler toys are welcome here

Back to until you're old enough to know what a computer is.

Attached: 1517074938066.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Isn't it time to move out of your grandmother's house? How's that old MacBook Air you stole from your uncle's hole-in-the-wall repair shop? Tell me your specs, unless you're an Andropoor phone poster.

>destroyed
they were really about equal in the end, the 2 GHz 970FX blew the 2.2 GHz 2800+ the fuck out on FP (782 vs 840 spec fp2000) while it got trounced on integer (800 vs 898 spec int2000) which is pretty in line with expectations, PowerPC/POWER always had shit integer performance but superior floating point performance, a good G5 could very easily outrun a competing prosumer x86 system depending on the task, especially when taking into account that the nicest ones were always dual-socket

late G4 is debatable though, the nicer ones with big third-level caches might have been able to hold their own but from a raw performance perspective you were probably better off with something else

The better G5s had either PCI-X slots with an AGP slot for graphics or all PCIe, Mac Pros have always been PCIe-only.

I just want a powerpc system without spending stupid amounts on low run motherboards, buying old appleshit or some hobby arduinofag type shit.

Just get a used POWER system

Why bother they'll just EOL support for it in 18 months.

they're shit

>I want a PowerPC system
>except I don't want any PowerPC machine in existence
>nor do I want a machine with the architecture that PowerPC was based on and later succeeded PowerPC
You're shit.

What's paying more for a lower quality consumer system going to change if even the high-end systems are shit to you?

Ok, I meant I want a simple architecture like power3 with soa lithography. I know it doesn't exist.

>mactoddler banned
lmao

No need to be butthurt that you missed out on good hardware.
Have the (You) you're seeking for.