Who's the worst fanbase in music?

Who's the worst fanbase in music?

I'd say it's a toss-up between Queen and Radiohead fans. Both fanbases are insufferable in the same general way. From my experience, as soon as they find out somebody is even passively not a fan they take it upon themselves to explain why that person just doesn't understand.
Once I had a guy ask my favorite Queen album and I simply said "I don't know, I'm not that into Queen" and I am not exaggerating when I say the ensuing lecture on why I didn't understand their musicianship was over five minutes long. I didn't get a word in edgewise, just sat there and listened to a meandering spergfest about "technical skills" and shit.

>Who's the worst fanbase in music?

Scaruffi

Metal fans. No question.

You don't, though

The worst anti-fanbase is the anti-rap fanbase (haterbase? Idk)

>lmao niggershit
>kek drugs chains and hoes
>rofl nigga nigga nigga
>xD misogyny and reverse racism

Completely agreed OP. I was once having a conversation with a friend of mine where I just passively mentioned that I thought Queen was overrated and some chubby dude standing behind me shouts "I think you need to listen to more Queen albums."

There are very few anti-fanbases that rule out an entire genre and aren't shitty. Like, if you're unwilling to listen to anything from an entire genre with an open mind and just flat hate it as a concept, there are very few genres where that's a valid decision. But you're right on saying the worst is probably the rap one.
Also, anti-rap people are frequently "i was born in le wrong generation" assholes and that's also one of the worst groups in music fanbases.

teenage "punk" fans who listen to the sex pistols, maybe a ramones album, own a joy division shirt, and otherwise only listen to modern pop-punk and complain about how shitty pop music is nowadays without realizing that's what they're listening to.

I don't like rap at all but I don't care what other people listen to. There's nothing wrong with not liking a specific genre as long as you don't expect other people to follow your opinion.

Anti-rap people are not nearly as bad as Rap people.
>person criticizes genre or artists in genre
>"RACIST"
>"WOW HI KID /r/LEWRONGGENERATION
>"F A M T B H"

Trap fans. I feel as if every trap fan I've ever met only exclusively listens to that alone and is never willing to give other shit a chance.

Any person who only listens to one music genre, doesn't matter which one.

I don't disagree, I worded that poorly. I was more referring to people who dislike a genre and actively attack it without giving it a fair shake and shit on fans of it across the board.

Not necessarily a "fanbase", but anyone who complains about screamed or shouted vocals, especially when they discredit the entire song because of the vocals, annoy me. I understand not liking vocals and being turned off from the song because of that, but please realize that not every song needs or should have Adele as their vocalist.

21 pilots kiddies tbph

J.cole and Eminem fans, so pretentious, and cannot get over the fact you don't like their mediocre, super overrated rap husbandos

Fans of Sup Forumscore bands like AnCo, DG etc.
Waifufags
People who dickride artists like Bowie post-humously

ICP fans are literal trash, followed closely by Kanye fans.

It's not Radiohead fans per se, it's a specific subset of Radiohead fans who over analyze every single utterance the band makes, assigning meaning when there's none there or taking the meaning that's personal and/or specific to them as the one true meaning. I don't care if you like Radiohead, that's cool, a lot of people do. Just don't tell me the literal intention of every single lyric, especially if it's political. You don't know what Thom meant by that unless he says so.

>Waifufags
>People who dickride artists like Bowie post-humously
Spot on. I had coworkers who complained and insulted how much I love Bowie and the second he died I see them posting links to Space Oddity on plebbook saying he was their hero. Same but less with Prince, at least amongst my acquaintances.
Also gotta love that people are actually willing to pretend to like the fucking Eagles just to get in on the "he just died" bandwagon.

For me what's worse is the subset that goes on about the technical skills. "Oh, you thought A Moon Shaped Pool was uninteresting? That's just because you can't comprehend the intricately complex compositions they're doing because you don't" et cetera. Like, shut the fuck up. So many of them aren't even musicians. I've been in jazz bands. I study music theory. I listen to actually complex and interesting compositions. The fact that you can recognize and identify staccato does not mean you understand the "complex" writing of Radiohead's music nor does it mean their writing is complex.
I fucking LIKE Radiohead, but for fuck's sake they're not nearly as talented as that subset of their fans think.

Most Radiohead fans aren't that bad, it's just the elitist ones. Which Radiohead happen to have loads of

They don't make up the majority but they're definitely the most vocal.

I'd never go on about how complex AMSP is but it does have a lot of very great songs that I personally rank amongst some of their best. Like Identikit, Decks Dark, Present Tense.

Yeah, I respect that entirely, I was citing it as an example because that's the most common conversation going on right now but I love the album. It's just objectively not that impressive in terms of complexity and technical skills.

Bjork

some people have to come up with reasons that people dont like what they like, and then resort to thinking its because that person must not be smart enough to comprehend the music that they do. radiohead fans get particularly triggered when people act like its not the greatest thing ever

Nail on the head right here.

My vote for the thread is hardcore metal fans who shit on any other genre. Not all metal fans are like that though, and some of the nicest and most open-minded (musically speaking) people I've met were metalheads, which brings me to my question for you guys:

Which artist/genre has the best fanbase?

>Which artist/genre has the best fanbase?

Non-elitist punks. I don't like punk music at all but the people I've met who were super into punk music were either complete tools with no taste outside of punk or the nicest humans I've ever met.

Twee-Pop.

Mac Demarco fans

fucking tool. they have to make it known to everyone how stones they get while listening to it.

>Which artist/genre has the best fanbase?
From my experience I feel like David Bowie fans were the nicest group of, like, super fans. I'm thinking about when he was still alive, I don't know if things are different now, I'm sure there are a lot of bandwagoners, but I'm not a fan of Bowie and whenever I'd meet people who are it was clear that they genuinely loved him and his music and would never press me for why I didn't or anything like that. For a fanbase that's really devoted, it's rare for it to not also be full of people unwilling to accept that other people aren't fans.