/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/dybEUJ1Y

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: b978c627b5a76265623421569e89c007.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/content/head-fi-contradicts-innerfidelity-sony-mdr-z1r-measurements
innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-z1r-follow-measurements
aliexpress.com/store/product/NEW-TOPPING-D50-MINI-HIFI-AUDIO-Decoding-ES9038Q2M-2-USB-DAC-XMOS-XU208-DSD512-32Bit-768Khz/1140113_32858283178.html
aliexpress.com/item/2018-NEW-TOPPING-D10-MINI-USB-DAC-DSD-CSS-XMOS-XU208-ES9018K2M-OPA2134-audio-amplifier-Decoder/32854591416.html
aliexpress.com/item/Hidizs-AP200/32837693613.html
kickstarter.com/projects/844915658/hiby-r3-ultraportable-touchscreen-hi-fi-network-mu
innerfidelity.com/content/1more-triple-driver-over-ear-headphones
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Welcome to /hpg/!

On a scale of "One" to "Philips", how Trusty are your Fucks?

Attached: TrustyFucks.jpg (3840x2160, 934K)

no bully zone

Attached: IMG_20180305_221913352.jpg (2080x1170, 1.35M)

Threadly reminder that price != quality.

Attached: zmf.png (1440x900, 174K)

daily reminder that schiit products are POOP and are for Fagot!!

take my upvote! came here to say this! this!

This user is accurate.

gee, innerfidelity never gets anything wrong and their measurement rig is never wrong either. perfect accurate to the human ear and there should be no variation at all or room for error.

innerfidelity.com/content/head-fi-contradicts-innerfidelity-sony-mdr-z1r-measurements
innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-z1r-follow-measurements

Tyll was right there though. Jude is the one with questionable morals and a conflict of interest.

I'm going to copypasta this post whenever people post the IF measurement of the defective sample of the HD600, the best headphones in the world. Thanks for the pasta.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Good op.
Adorable cat.

Attached: 1495756767013.png (1280x720, 973K)

philips! (x2)

Tyll is right. The measurements aren't even off by much and that happened once in the lifetime of Innerfidelity. Get real, your ZMF headphones measure like shit.
If you believe they sound good however, that's what matters.

I shouldn't even have to post it, there's huge amounts of variation with all headphone related data. everyone should know this by now but people want to keep shitposting graphs. there's even variation between the same headphone not just the measurements of said headphone

Attached: 1451438024067.jpg (712x712, 42K)

But how can you call them defective when you clearly got what you asked for? A pair of non-driver matched headphones. All the more reason to buy such a thing of course; luckily the best, TOTL headphones mankind has to offer are also driver matched! (HD 650s, obviously)

>that happened once in the lifetime of Innerfidelity
it happened with the utopia as well

>be using computer normally
>suddenly the mouse begins to act on its own
>know someone is RATting my computer
>can't do anything
>heart beating really fast
>can't believe i'm getting hacked
>wake up sweating
Why does this happen so much?

Attached: 1349042564688.jpg (192x279, 33K)

Budget portable amp for Sennheiser HD6XX? (300ohm)

Sabaj DA2. Should also work for Android phones with OTG.

>can't do anything
Turn it off?
That's an interesting dream, i don't see the connection with headphones though.
I did had some creepy audio related dreams in the past, i find anything that messes with your senses at least disturbing.

are these good value for money or no

what amp you need

Attached: audezelcd2classic.0.jpg (1200x800, 53K)

>Get real, your ZMF headphones measure like shit.
also, I have said countless times that I bought them for the way they measure (like "shit") and yet I continually have people trying to tell me my headphones measure like shit and then proceed to tell me how they sound despite not having heard it themselves.

yes, I am quite aware of how they measure thank you.

Attached: 1495417463495.gif (500x364, 1.49M)

those were a problem with the headphones not his measuring rig or procedures

you are correct, sherlock. I definitely wasn't trying to make this argument >there's even variation between the same headphone not just the measurements of said headphone

An intruder wouldn't let themselves be known by moving your mouse around.
Once in, they can do everything they want silently.

even if ur ironically trying to say that it doesnt come off as that at all

tomorrow is Aliexpress' -15% sale, post some audio deals

aliexpress.com/store/product/NEW-TOPPING-D50-MINI-HIFI-AUDIO-Decoding-ES9038Q2M-2-USB-DAC-XMOS-XU208-DSD512-32Bit-768Khz/1140113_32858283178.html
aliexpress.com/item/2018-NEW-TOPPING-D10-MINI-USB-DAC-DSD-CSS-XMOS-XU208-ES9018K2M-OPA2134-audio-amplifier-Decoder/32854591416.html

As long as your headphones are HD600, you have nothing to fear.

so which of you losers got banned from /r/headphones again for shitposting?

fess up

Attached: nJ3LqdW.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

I swear it's not me mom

i got my acc suspended on reddit for the 6th time so not me!

me sapphire but its ok i use alt accounts on tor and they think that they can do anything:

>Multiple ban evasions (You've been reported to admins already)

:( wow dem weddit admins gon get me

I'm considering this guy right here.
aliexpress.com/item/Hidizs-AP200/32837693613.html

Anyone have any experience with it?

wait until the aliexpress sitewide sale

That was implied dude

What headphones though? Just curious

well dont forget to wait if u want to save MOney!!

On paper it looks good for a DAP, but I'd always advice considering the Sabaj DA2 before buying one. It's literally the same DAC chip but for $50 and working with each and everyone of your devices.

>people here also go to reddit
It all makes sense now

They banned me for mentioning that Schiit DACs have bad measurments
Maybe Schiit sponsors /r/headphones now too

amerimutts gotta defend fellow mutts

Attached: amerifats.webm (960x540, 1.96M)

>bought them for the ringing from the thoughtlessly designed enclosure
your zmfshit will never accurately portray the height of the drummer

Attached: b7a.png (740x557, 250K)

I have the SMSL idea which I currently use with my laptop. The issue with that guy is it drains phone battery like crazy, so it's not really good for portable use. Also unless you do the right plug in ritual it results in horrible buzzing on any android device. I'm looking to rubberband my Fiio E12A to it, so the amp section doesn't matter and honestly the DACs don't make a difference worth consideration, if at all.

>your zmfshit will never accurately portray the height of the drummer
no, but one of my stax might

Attached: wat.gif (348x253, 2M)

The odious poorfags will never understand. They have heard very little and are not interested in hearing more. You will never change them.

No sorry, I spend most of the time schiiting on schiit.

Well the SMSL iDea is the Sabaj DA2 so if it doesn't work for you, by all means the DAP is a good idea. I don't think I've seen the one you posted being mentioned before, but it looks very good specs-wise.
You might also be interested by this. kickstarter.com/projects/844915658/hiby-r3-ultraportable-touchscreen-hi-fi-network-mu
It ships later this year but it's slightly cheaper and has good specs too.

Does that run android? It looks like it but doesn't say anywhere on the page. I need neutron player for the PEQ.

It runs "HiBy OS", so not Android. What's interesting with it is the < 1-ohm output.

here's my portable setup idol trash!

Attached: IMG_0206.jpg (2268x3024, 829K)

Brainlet here, is there a point going above $20 or so if I'm just going to be listening to standard-quality spotify through my laptop's sound card? Like I want nice sound, but if that means going full autist with DACs and FLAC I'm not going to bother.

Attached: 84c9a0e04812e955.jpg (205x246, 8K)

You should definitely go over 20 bucks for a headphone, but if you're not going to listen to flacs then there's no point in a dac. Invest in a good pair without dac though

DACs, amps, and flac only really start to matter once you hit the $200-$300 range.

Use the apple default earbuds

Thanks friends

I tried my friends once and they felt awful, don't know how people stand them.

What's a good 50~100 closed pair for the gym and casual computer usage?
Is it worth it to get the ATH-M40x and replace the pads or is there a more simple choice available?
>t.swede

Attached: 1521472484379.jpg (850x1145, 185K)

Nice finest headphones ever created by man, IT. Much better than the non-driver-matched HD650.

hd600

takstar 82pro is a no-brainer

Would any headphone like the M50X be better if I'm coming from IEMs? I've been using IEMs for awhile so I doubt they'd sound too horrible.
Is there anything better besides the Takstar Pro 82?

They are one of the better sounding earbuds that come out of the box with a handset, check a review

Hey user, you misspelt "HD 600". As everyone clearly knows, the HD 650s driver matched to perfection (Obviously), not to mention, TOTL headphones for all headphones and mankind (Of course!)

Was considering it, but the wait time is going to murder me.

M40x user here, wouldn't recommend that for gym use. But casual listening is fine though. And nothing wrong with stock pads.

Attached: M40x2.jpg (4608x3456, 982K)

She's wearing it backwards...

wrong.

Attached: 233.jpg (963x1010, 148K)

What are some decent earbuds that can be found on amazon for 30-50? My Rock Zircons decided to stop working.

The cable is on the left earcup. You just mirrored the image. She's wearing it backwards.

seems like nothing gets past you

Thanks for the laugh user.

A lot of people don't understand how a mirror works. Don't be ashamed, user.

>Budget
25-120 USD

>Location
USA

>Source
Nintendo Switch, Laptop, and Tablet

>Type of headphone
Headset

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Equal Sound and comfort

>Sound signature
Neutral

>Past headphones
Superlux HD 562 and Yamaha RH1C

>Extra
I'm looking for headphones that are durable and bluetooth

I have gaymer headphones with a 7.1 surround adapter, will the surround sound still work if there isn't an option for it in-game?

kek

yeah

>switch
Try asking the headphone discord, soyboy.

are you sure?

yeah, why?

You don't seem very trustworthy

dont insult me like that user, it hurts

I can vouch for the other user

Sorry I didn't mean it personally bro
Alright thanks

Enabling surround sound will make stereo-encoded audio sound worse. Only use it for surround-encoded audio.

>dont insult me like that user, it hurts
garbage. trash. scum.

Attached: kys.jpg (802x509, 75K)

idc

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 5K)

But if I'm playing a 3D first person game it'll make the sound more immersive right?

With gaymin headphones, I'm sure he didn't care about audio quality in the first place.

Rude. Go apologize, user.

okay
I was going to apologize because I didn't mean it, but now that you've posted 3dpd trash I have changed my mind. I meant what I said.

cringe

Attached: 1516428136616.png (766x798, 826K)

If the game can output surround-encoded audio, yes. If the game cannot, it will just screw up the audio imaging royally and directional audio will probably be inferior.

>Nintendo Switch
HD 600. DEFINITELY get the HD600!!

>Budget
$150-$200

>Location
Canada

>Source
Phone and PC

>Type of headphone
Full, over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Comfort is less important than sound

>Sound signature
Bassy is preferable. Mostly listen to hip-hop and classic rock

>Past headphones
Sony MDR xb500

I heard that the ath-m40x and the takstar pro 82s were pretty good for their price, any thoughts?

tyll just put the 1mores up on the WoF

innerfidelity.com/content/1more-triple-driver-over-ear-headphones

also you fucks were making fun of the kickstarter, and the user who posted about the graphene driver measurements a week or so back.

/hpg/ is not a hivemind

Tyll puts a lot of meme shit on the WoF. Doesn't mean much. They don't measure particularly interesting, but they do look cool as shit so I may pick up a pair.

focal elears were on the wall of fame

Wow, it's almost like different people have different tastes and opinions! Just like It's fine if Tyll puts something you don't like on da wall, you can always disagree with him. You can always use the ones that you do like to validate your opinion, you fucking mongoloid.

i dont like any of them!

Then who give a shit about his wall? Or him? People really need to stop selectively riding his dick, either his opinion matters or it doesn't. The only one whose opinion SHOULD matter is your own.