If human brains are just computers why are people so opposed to applying a patch when something goes wrong?

if human brains are just computers why are people so opposed to applying a patch when something goes wrong?

Attached: 6637A090-CBE1-46BA-BDFA-B9A1851EC9EC.jpg (1280x1650, 435K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barcroft.tv/body-Integrity-identity-disorder-woman-makes-herself-blind-drain-cleaner
youtu.be/4l7Is6vOAOA?t=376
youtube.com/watch?v=aPQPtHgmN_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because most of the patches are shit. Though I'm talking about medication, not hormones.

uhh that's a shit analogy. brains are brains. rape a cat, kill babies, cut your dick off, jump off a building, who cares what happens. you're talking about societal integration. computers don't make themselves, nor do they program themselves.

Human brains aren't computers though.

>social integration
nah, i am talking about there being a bug in the brain that needs fixing, the resulting lack of social integration is akin to other computers that function properly being unable to properly communicate with the malfunctioning computers

I am sure you chose this clickbait picture for your post to discuss seriously ;)

DARK NIGGAS

your life itself is a gift from God who fortunately for all of us has provided a user manual, which, if not followed, leads to serious and often fatal ailments both personal (aids, STDs, anal fissures etc.) and social (erosion of family and societal cohesion)

Now as far as 'patching' something that 'went wrong' the only thing you need to do is RTFM and you'd be fine

You're absolutely retarded if you honestly think brains are like computers.

>computer has a problem
better switch out the case

cause an AMD CPU will never be an intel CPU even if you put an "intel inside" sticker on the outside of your case.

>computer has a hardware (brain) problem
throw it in the fucking garbage

Because the patch was not released yet.
There's only a virus that wrecks the shit out of the hardware, and sometimes is installed on brand new hardware that don't even actually need it.

>your brain has an operating system (consciousness)
>no source code provided
FUCK whomever made this shit universe

/thread

btfo in your own fucking analogy, nice.

top fucking kek

Oversimplification eat a bag of dicks OP

You're totally right. Faggots need to be put on antipsychotic medications or shot in the back of the head if they touch kids.

Now take your tranny shit and GTFO. It's not normal or natural, which is why you feel the need to force it on everyone else. This isn't Tumblr. You're a male if you're born with balls, and you're a female if you're born with a cunt. Anything else is a birth defect or a mental illness, not a new queer freak species.

Attached: Opiate_of_the_asses2.jpg (4800x7200, 807K)

“Reason Is and Ought Only to Be the Slave of the Passions”

That picture makes a lot of sense.
In C you would care about pointers and memory addresses and everything else that is REAL.
In faggot languages everything is an object and therefore the same.

OOP languages are soyboy languages

>if human brains are just computers
False, now get your shit thread off my board

jewish niggas

Disregarding the shitty ass art and the fact that this really didn't need to be a comic, this is the way everyone should view gender.
If people wanna be faggots let them be, it has not and will never affect me in a negative way.
Also I despise discrimination based on shit that people are born with and apparently faggots are born like that so it will never be right to discriminate against them desu

I will refuse to call someone something they aren't even if they claim otherwise. Gay people are mostly fine, but trannies are mentally ill and should be removed or rehabilitated

Yeah it's a disorder called gender dysphoria, and studies show that transitioning alleviates this disorder.
No matter what my beliefs are I'd have to be a fucking ignorant trumplet blocking my ears and yelling lalala when presented with scientific consensus.
I wasn't always this 'compassionate' (SJW is what you'd say), it never really made sense to me why someone would want to cut their genitals off and try to be a poor imitation of another sex, but you know what, I can understand that people don't have the same thoughts, experiences, desires as I do and if it helps them feel a little better about themselves- being referred to by their preferred pronoun, something that doesn't negatively affect me at all, I'll happily do it because at the end of the day, if I were in their place, I'd want to be called what I identify as too. Basically empathy.

>t. tranny trying to convince himself he didn't make a mistake

Damn you got me there, I was just trying to convert more people to the regressive post-modernist neo-marxist left

you're not a real leftist, neoliberal scum

Underrated

Source code is in the DNA, retard.

I keep hoping one day I'll wake up and it's the 1950s again.

nah bro that's machine code

That comic oh lord lol

Best reply so far

>Reverse engineering doesn't real

Attached: djsakl.png (949x675, 1.5M)

/leftypol/ here,
while we despise identity politics, the lgbt community is drawn to us because they feel the alienating effects of capitalism more acutely and the left is simply more compassionate and sensible than the right- there is no need to disparage comrades like this

Mistery niggas

Or maybe it's because they're all mentally damaged like you. Why do people think you can have a cohesive group identity without agreed upon social dogmas?

White niggas

>Yeah it's a disorder
>disorder
>mentally ill

let's all pretend retarded people are normal as well because it makes them feel less retarded

you are normal

>not being pro trannies
desu I fucking hate gays and all this LGBT, but trannies are ok since they are good for economy, and most of them end up depressive and killing themselves after a while. They are just pathetic beings willing to risk their bodies to fulfill their stupid libido.

>Yeah it's a disorder called gender dysphoria
Your post should have ended here. It's a disorder that should be researched and treated with meds or rehabilitation, not by mutilating their genitals and giving hormones that does God knows what to their body.

Seto et.al. established scientific consensus last year that pedophilia is a valid sexual orientation and those who are one could do without less stigma. Do you support this as well? Do you support pedophilia as a sexual orientation?

My own belief is that biological life is different in some poorly-understood but essential way from anything that could be called a computer, and that AGI is impossible.

>why shouldn't we let transsexuals take their hormones/have surgery
I don't actually believe this (I believe in live and let live for the most part), but I'll take a shot: Normally, it is not considered healthy to pander to mental illnesses. When a schizophrenic tells you about their voices, you don't placate them by telling them the voices are real. You try to convince them to take medicine to make the voices go away.

The counterpoint to that is that we don't have any effective pharmacological solution to gender dysphoria, and allowing them to present as their preferred sex is the only thing that can currently be done to resolve it. I'm not 100% convinced by this counterpoint, because it doesn't work when taken to extremes. Take as an example this woman who blinded herself to resolve her "body integrity disorder":
barcroft.tv/body-Integrity-identity-disorder-woman-makes-herself-blind-drain-cleaner
Almost nobody would call that healthy, even though it was apparently the only possible "treatment".

Then again, /most/ arguments don't work when taken to extremes. Extremism is bad pretty much 100% of the time. So this response of mine to said counterpoint is really quite weak.

FtM trannies aren't a real thing. No dude would actually give up being a woman to become a man. At best it's a tiny handful of butchdykes who thought being a man was easier

Wrong, i've seen at least 2 FtM on the internet, so they DO exist.

Read what I said again m8. I'm not saying there's no one that transitioned from female to male physically, just that there's no women who's mentally a male.

They are real, I've actually met one irl

How are there enough Fathers in the world that have kids, and want to become Women to make this comic relevant?
Talk about a limited market.

>why are people so opposed to applying a patch when something goes wrong
youtu.be/4l7Is6vOAOA?t=376

Crazy niggas

seeing as how gender is now time dependent, what word can we use instead to refer to gender at time of birth ?

Asian niggas

original sin

Yes it makes sense that if people can be homosexual without their control, they can also be pedophiles too.
If you have mental capacity beyond a 10 year old then you can see that pedophiles and child sexual abuser are two distinct groups, calling for the destigmatization and rehabilitation of one does not mean condoning the actions of the other.
At the moment pedos are treated just as bad as child molesters regardless of whether or not this attitude towards them actually increases the risk of them becoming part of the latter group, which I happen to think it does.
Basically my belief is that the only the good moral position to go about this is to be understanding and compassionate towards people with reprehensible sexual thoughts they can't control, lest they become the reason we despise those thoughts in the first place.

DOG NIGGAS

How dare you mock this beautiful, strong woman.
youtube.com/watch?v=aPQPtHgmN_A

>letting other people have an effect on how you talk or the meanings of your words
cuck mentality

Liberalism was a mistake.

Attached: 1484446127724.jpg (720x714, 37K)

Seriously tho is it this easy? Like can I just say I'm a woman and get women owned business tax breaks? Can I just say I'm a woman and get diversity hired at google? Like what's the minimum trans you have to do to financially take advantage of this idiocy?

Asking the important questions.

>and studies show that transitioning alleviates this disorder.
Yea, they end up killing themselves, that's one way to solve the problem or you can give them anti schizophrenia drugs and solve the "dysphoria"

>unironically believing in God
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHSHAHAHHAHA
>inb4 fedora

>a user manual, which, if not followed, leads to serious and often fatal ailments both personal (aids, STDs, anal fissures etc.)
All of which are possible to get no matter who you fuck, and all of which can be solved with proper precautions.
>and social (erosion of family and societal cohesion)
>m-muh moral fabric of suhciety
Literally kill yourself if you're going to spout that short bus shit. Society will not fall apart because of some fags fucking, and your retarded ass nuclear family shit is obsolete. Stop letting tradition hold you back. Look to the future, not the past.

Attached: CageLaughing.gif (300x149, 1.24M)

go away dumb fedora

Attached: 1514867167182.jpg (660x423, 25K)

>if human brains are just computers
[citation needed]

I'm coming out as a "person who doesn't believe that horseshit"

BUFF NIGGAS

>Basically empathy
You lost the Sup Forumscucks right there.

Why are you contributing to the stigma against mentally ill people? It's not their fault, they should be given compassion and treated in the best way possible.

They kill themselves because they have to listen to brain dead Sup Forumsluters REEEEEEEing at them.

>sexual abuser
someone does not magically become unable to uderstand and give consent because the number of years they have been alive is under a certain number.
consent is always consent.
there are no exceptions.

>religitard didn't even try to come up with something new
How predictable.
>look at pic
>the enlightened atheist has arms and hands
>religious brainlets don't
A good metaphor about how religious people are unable to grasp complex ideas.

I agree with what i think is your general sentiment, but disagree about what's moral. Consent requires the ability to understand the concept itself, hence animals can't consent, nor babies. Debatable if children can, and of course it's an individual thing - perhaps some children could reasonable give consent. Also, some adults are really too stupid to give consent, and people on drugs/drunk should are often too scattered to give "true" consent. So yeah, we're all full of shit and like arbitrary meaningless lines in the sand.

In case you're not trolling look up informed consent.

I sympathize with this thought process, but ultimately we need to protect underdeveloped minds, they're just not capable of making these kinds of decisions. It is unfortunate that we have to judge them by some semi-arbitrary number, but we don't really have any better system. I personally support Romeo and Juliet laws, I think they solve some of my issues with age of consent laws.

kek

Oh I'm soorry that they don't have the self control and will to walk on the path of light and righteousness.

>t. Redditor

Attached: fingerless-gloves-fedora.png (320x263, 117K)

I look forward to the era where computer brains are no longer user-serviceable and we just kill all the gays