Dell Labtop Won't Connect to WiFi

I don't know if this is the right place for this but oh well. Anyway I have a MacBook and a cheap Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series that I bought a couple years back. My Mac and phone can connect to the house WiFi no problem but my Dell won't. It shows the WiFi I use on the suggestions, so I click it and type in the password but it keeps saying can't connect and whatnot. Anyway my phone has a hotspot so I tried that and surprisingly the Dell connected to that easily. Also there is another Dell in the house but it's a home computer and it is just fine as well. What's the issue here people? I don't get it.
>inb4 Google it
I tried and watched many videos, nothing helped.

Attached: dell-presentation-1-728.jpg (728x546, 49K)

Assuming you're a Windows fag, reset the networking adapter.

Tried it but I there's nothing wrong in trying again, I have that type of luck

Nothing D:

Labtob is fugged :-DDD Buy Abbel pls XDD

I have another Dell but the Dell I want to work won't work

>mac
Found your problem.

The absolute state of windows ahahah

Ipconfig /flushdns
Ipconfig /release. Then /renew

Ipconfig /all then find your default gateway IP and type it into your browser. Check if it's getting an IP through DHCP client list. If it is check if you have your IPv4 turned to automatic and maybe put Google's 8.8.8.8 and then 8.8.4.4. if that doesn't work, click go to device manager and uninstall the driver for the Network card and manually install it off a downloaded .exe from the latest drive from their website.

but does the working dell work with wifi or does it work with wifi through a "wifi cable"??

not your personal tech support faggot.

but try 'forgetting' the network by removing it from the saved list of networks and reconnecting. google how to do it on your windows version.

> Too young to figure out if there's any driver-related issue connecting to network the laptop via ethernet cable to download latest drivers and updates, to run a troubleshooting diagnostic, to restart wifi card, to run "sfc /scannow" in the rare case there are corrupted system files, or to make a clean OS install formatting the HDD.
The actual state of pajeetChan.org/g

I'll try this right now
Ohhh good question, I would have to check if it's ethernet or not. At the same time though like I said the Mac and phone or just fine with a wireless connection.

Lol too much too soon, but the driver is fine from what I can't tell software wise

Dell are and always have been overpriced american shit.
Apple is literally the only yank technology manufacturer who make robust, reliable machines, albeit with a godawful OS.
I bought a brand new Dell XPS 13, their top of the line model, and it required a WiFi card replacement the day it was unpackaged. Never go with Dell or HP.

OP, if you do have a bad network card they run cheap off of Amazon and you can install it yourself bc it's easy to get to. Unscrew bottom lid and it's just a small PCI card with a black and white cable.

/thread

Buy a cheap external usb tplink wifi ac adapter for $19

>implying Ablelâ„¢ makes actual good hardware

If you bumped it somewhere it can happen to the wire of the pcb come off and you lose wireless feature. Try opening the lid bellow and check for a very small pcb with a little wire.

>macshit
>reliable

well it worked with the hotspot, so maybe check the router config, try to disable the password or something, you didnt provide any information on what you are using other than the generic model name and screen size that obviously matter, so long we might as well assume that you cant push the hard keys on the dell properly because you are a macfag

It only connects to my hotspot on my phone that's the thing, but not to the WiFi for some reason?

user, take a photo of your keyboard for me. what I'm gonna suggest after you do it might well work

The last model where you could change the memory was the last good one.
I don't know about now but I'm typing this on that same 2012 model I've had for the better half of a decade.
It's a shit OS but the hardware is excellent- better than whatever shit you get with Dell or HP for the same money.

It's cheap tho dude, I'm just trying to save it. It a 256 HDD, 4 ram, basic shit
k

not op but i like where this is going user

There can't be a last good one if there was never a first.

Attached: 1490980747380.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

>256 HDD 4 ram is cheap
fugg i hab 2 HDDs and 2 RAM mebories on my PD not XDDD!

Op who's your ISP?

>inb4 op has an X device limit on the wifi because land of the jews.

Here
AT&T

Attached: IMG_0204.jpg (3264x2448, 1.76M)

You could try and call their tech support and disconnect all other devices. I'm not sure how they do it but frontier has to support you with connecting it if you have no other devices to connect. Lol

True

If you got Windows 10 you can reset your network settings and that will clear out anything that is stopping the computer not getting internet