Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think?

Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think?

Like all of his work

It's shit

Stop asking, it's shit.

I was one of the people claiming 9.5/10 AOTY but since its release and all the playtime it's gotten in the car and at home with buddies partying, I think I can settle on a good 8.5/10. There isn't a song I would say is outright bad, but more that every song is pretty great, with a few amazing songs, namely, Same Drugs, Smoke Break, and Summer Friends.

Look at this pleb

>chance
it's shit.

shit. haven't listened to other chances tapes.

To be serious here for a moment it's like if you took only Chance's verse in Ultralight Beam and stretched it out over an hour

Take that for what you will but below average work imo

Very good, 8/10 at most.

>buddies partying
Is this how plebs appreciate art?

this

FUCK OFF NORMIE GET OUT OF MY BOARD GET OUT GET OUT GET OUUUUUUUT

Havent heard any Chance but this blew my mind. Much much better than TLOP.

>All we got: Decent work with the trumpets, verses were decent, shame about Kanye's autotune
>No problem: Grew on me a lot, though all the verses were weak af
>Summer Friends: Better use of autotune, all round decent song
>Special: Filler, but it's happy filler and does it well
>Blessings: Hate it
>Same drugs: Pretty boring desu
>Mixtape: Dislike it, reminds me a lot of AR2
>Angels: Good good good
>Juke Jam: Boring
>All Night: Filler, but sounds like it tried to be Lost in the world but didn't quite manage to do it right
>How Great: Amazing transition in to beat, really annoys me that the intro is 3 times as long as it needs to be
>Smoke Break: Nice tune
>Finish Line: Decent too
>Blessings (Reprise): Decent I guess

All in all, I still enjoy it but chance gets outshone on half of it, and the autotune features generally feel unwarranted.

Just my uneducated opinion though.

Summer friends is the only song I ever find myself returning too. Pretty meh overall

Hated it at first. Grew on me though. Finish Line is great.

If you like Chance the Rapper's music it's great. In terms of expectations and objectives it's everything it needed and wanted to be. There's more musicality, more love and more hard work in this than in the majority of albums by Chance the Rapper's contemporaries, including The Life of Pablo.

If you don't like Chance the Rapper, hip hop or gospel music, it's probably not for you.

It's a pillow to go to sleep on, textbook "beautiful", textbook "happy", textbook "musical", textbook everything.

Pretty shallow interpretation, imo. It's not all just god shit on the album, friend.

I definitely really enjoyed the album. 8/10 at least, maybe close to a 9/10. The only lows are "Mixtape" and occasionally "No Problem" when I'm not in the mood for Lil Wayne. But the highs are so high, they make up for them.

I appreciate art how it's meant to be appreciated. I'm not going to flip on Kid A or Ys or whatever at a party cause I'm not fucking retarded, I'll listen to it at home with a nice pair of headphones and cook food or just browse Sup Forums.

If I'm listening to something like Coloring Book or Views or whatever, am I really gonna listen to it the same way I would those other albums? No, I'm gonna put it on when some people are getting turnt and just want something fun.

I'm also wouldn't rate it the same way I would a more artsy album like Sup Forumscore. I'll rate it for what it is, and if it keeps the vibes positive and bumpin then it's doing it's job therefore pretty great

It's a pretty average album shallow interpretation or not

>Blessings: Hate it
>Same Drugs: pretty boring desu
Look at this pleb. Might be my favorite tracks on the record.

>How Great: intro is 3 times as long as it needs to be
Agreed here, though. I was raised religious, so I actually really enjoyed the intro the first time I heard it, but now that I know what's coming, I just want to skip ahead to the verses. I wish he broke up the intro and the song like how All of the Lights was broken up on MBDTF.

>Coloring Book at a party
I would do this, but I know normies wouldn't know how to handle two minutes of "How Great is Our God" forty-five minutes in. That's definitely a buzzkill for any party, right?

Even if you approach this as a "gospel" record, it is still a let down.

I guess we diverge on that matter then, I really can't get into Blessings at all. I actually agree on same drugs though, for some reason I thought it was a different tune, even after like 10+ listens.

4give me.

I mean, that's an opinion, and I don't need to argue with that. I'm just saying there's a lot more going on lyrically on the album than Chance's verse on Ultralight Beam.

I could see other folks not liking Blessings, I guess. I'm just a sappy happy optimistic motherfucker.

Haha yeah you just gotta be close to the aux at a few points, namely Same Drugs, Summer Friends, and the beginning of How Great

Which is a shame, because those are great tracks, just not necessarily party-friendly. The second half of How Great would actually be fine, but you gotta skip the gospel swell.

When you get out of church early the album

Lol everyone was calling Chance god tier when Acidrap came out, but now these faggot hipsters dont like him because hes mainstream. My opinion is that its alright, I dont love rap tho.

lol nobody thought chance was anywhere even close to god tier

Shit gospel album
Shit hiphop album

I didn't like it the first time I listened to it but I came back to it and I thought it was pretty good. It's definitely better than Acid Rap.

It's much more interesting than Acid Rap

It's pretty shit. He's never gonna beat Acid Rap.

the responses to this post are why i will never take Sup Forums opinion's seriously. some music isn't meant to be listened to in your room with the lights off. no shit you're not going to appreciate music like this if that's how you listen to it.