Are normies getting dumber and dumber?

Are normies getting dumber and dumber?

>be CS student and assistant of a professor of introduction to programming for engineers
>mechanical engineering student sends me an email asking if I could help him "install Python"
>why_not.jpg
>before the guy arrived in my professor's room I googled his name
>he's your typical normie that makes dumb tweets about girls and parties
>guy arrives in my room and takes off his laptop
>windows 8, tons of icons on his desktop and a message saying "garls who betray 1 time betray 2 times!!!!"
>"Ok, so is the teacher using Python 2 or Python 3?"
>"uh.... I don't know"
>"RIght... does she put parentheses around when doing prints?"
>"uhh... I don't know"
>"Huh... so what happened? Why couldn't you download Python from the website and install it?"
>"Oh, you see... I didn't know where to go"

What the fuck? Are people this dumb today or was he just lazy? I can't believe this guy wasn't ABLE to download and execute a fucking binary file. My 6 year old self was more capable than this faggot.

Attached: 1512336351476.png (407x434, 125K)

Where can I unsubscribe?

should i be concerned if i dont understand a single thing op said about the tech stuff

Yes, you should.

It's 2018, why would anyone be using py2

try to do the work of a mechanical engineer, retard. I bet you can't even into fluids

Because huge legacy codebase.

well if he teaches with python2 I'd drop that fucking class

No, it's Python specific. But Python is a nice language, you should learn it!

Are you from the United States? In that case the answer is yes, of course. The education system has failed this generation, particularly when it comes to boys. Young men out of high school are flat out stupider than they were 10 years ago.

python 3 is fucking shit. I learned python2 and I will never ever fucking switch over

Here is why python is destined to fail

>stupider
American education

Are you sure about that? Or maybe college is not a right and not meant to be for everyone? Fucking Christ most people are mediocre and that’s okay why does everyone have to push this college for everyone meme?

Also OP is a faggot. If you can’t deal with dumb people you are just as big of a retard yourself for trying to be a tutor since that is the whole point.

>python 3 is fucking shit. I learned python2 and I will never ever fucking switch over
and this is why you will never develop software in a professional environment

jokes on you I'm in such a development position where I am able to make the call that we stick to python2
and I did so

I'd love to hear more, what sort of fart apps do you develop faggot?

Common core doesn't provide you with the tools to think critically and really dig into problems, which I think is the 2 fundamental things needed to program. And this is coming from someone who works as a software engineer and went through public schooling in Florida of all places.

The only fix is to really undo any 'learning' you may have had, keeping anything actually meaningful (AP english in my case...) and devote a great amount of energy into learning how to code.

t. First year engineering student

You're the professors assistant and don't know which python version she's using? Fake and gay

the state of Sup Forums

>But Python is a nice language, you should learn it!
I know you are b8ing

>Python is a nice language, you should learn it!

Attached: 1501276154327.jpg.jpg (240x244, 9K)

He talked about downloading a file, Jesus... What's happening to this board?

That's what you get with publicly available services, sooner or later the userbase waters down with idiots. Floens making Sup Forums the default board in Clover and all the news about shit Sup Forums and Sup Forums caused didn't help.

py3 is gay. Parentheses around prints are gay.

shit's been downhill since 2007, then we hit the ground and started drilling down further since 2014
at this point we're so far below rock bottom this could be mistaken for reddit or facebook at times

>be CS student

Couldn't handle Engineering, huh?

Attached: 1518216752423.jpg (720x736, 94K)

I hope you haven't been to Sup Forums any time soon. Even Sup Forums is better than it at this point. With everything taken into consideration, Sup Forums is the only worthwile board on this website.

> best colleges in the world are in the US

i've never visited Sup Forums, and i haven't visited Sup Forums since probably about 2007
>Sup Forums is the only worthwile board on this website.
that's a scary thought

>people are dumb
I am okay with it

I can deal with students being dumb, retarded "academics" is what annoys me.

*are, fuck i should sleep for more than two hours a night

>what is /diy/

this, dumb people = job security
a social divide between stupid cattle and technocratic elite is my wet dream
the future is looking bright as fuck

can you into fluid mechanics? no? ok, go back to your computer then.

you're projecting pretty hard here man, what happened, did you fail dynamics the first time you took it?

still you are not answering. Go back to your computer. For and mechanical engineer, you are just a dumb normie.

He won't make it through the weeding classes. Much more people apply for a CS major than graduate with one.

That is a word.

Wait
Sup Forums isn't just a subreddit?
#TheMoreYouLearn

>expects students to have any prior knowledge
Ok Mr Hitler, why didn't you just help this guy. Who knows what operating system his daily driver his. What is if he just operates on Android? Ever thought about that?! Next time ask him if he has any slides from his professerino. And instead of typing your snarky thoughts why don't you respect this guy's privacy. You should stop being a bitch, and start empowering your students such that they will become the best coders.

Attached: nokia-lumia-1520-unboxing-12-1024x709.jpg (1024x709, 102K)

Because cpython3 has even longer startup times.

py2 loses support in 2020, you will have to switch in two years

Actually, there is two options:
>support will end, quite a bunch of pydiots will cry
>some companies pick up support and prolong the shism, quite a bunch of pydiots will cry
As someone with no stakes involved it will be hilarious.