How can one region be so devoid of talent?

How can one region be so devoid of talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dub_music#Musical_impact
youtube.com/watch?v=Un4TIwekoak
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he doesn't listen to dub

Considering how so much modern music owes itself to dub, nah.

You tell me.

t. Former citizen of UAE

Odds are 99 to 1 you've never even looked for any

Would you compose masterful opuses if you could chill on the beach all day?

I like music from countries in this region! Jamaica, the list goes on!

Please don't turn my island into the next Sup Forums meme
thanks

Hip hop came from the spoken word music from there didn't it?

Also if you are thinking of talent as in western style music I don't think you are going to appreciate theirs

explain

Sorry Fidel.

too hot to get anything done

Dub has influenced many genres of music, including rock (most significantly the subgenre of post-punk and other kinds of punk[5]), pop,[6] hip hop,[5] disco, and later house,[7] techno,[7] ambient,[7] electronic dance music,[8] and trip hop.[7] Dub has become a basis for the genres of jungle/drum and bass[9][10] and dubstep.[11]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dub_music#Musical_impact

I-I can send you my soundcloud

Cuba has an incredible music scene without the need to mention that club thing

Where do you live?

youtube.com/watch?v=Un4TIwekoak

awahawahawahawah

>impact of dub
>can't even get dubs

Garifuna is great.

are you fucking retarded? hip hop originated from Jamaican DJs, reggae is also from there.

Which are both fucking awful.

No. Sissy white boy music is fucking awful.

Wait, I thought San Jose was in the USA?

There's a San Jose in California.

>tfw the internet is so retarded you can't even tell if posts like these are ironic anymore

t. Car Seat Headrest Fan

Some forms of music from the Caribbean had "toasting" which was kind of proto-rapping. Not sure if reggae at any point did but I think dub and dancehall did. So rapping was influenced by that, which is why I think it's stupid to see people arguing about grime ripping off hip hop because it has rapping in it while it seems more like it developed separately from UK garage and taking the same toasting influence from Caribbean music.

Actually, this was me.
I don't even know who the artist you posted is.

Latin America has its fair share of quality folk/singer-songwriter musicians.

What has New Zealand done in recent history for music? I can't think of anything

i think serj from system of a down lives there now. he performs with an orchestra from there a lot.
but hes not even from there so i dont think it counts

OP is a fucking pleb

it took talent to make an instrument that sounds good and has a lot of notes out of an oil drum, and then learn to play that instrument

Cuba in the first half of the 20th century probably had even stronger popular music than America - until James Brown revolutionized dance music over here, "latin music" was almost equivalent with dance music

you mean Poo Peeland, right?

t. rapper tryna make it finna big