>traceback error could not be installed
>somehow stumble onto a stack overflow with the same installing error
>"did you try using sudo?"

>NO FUCKING WAY
>sudo pip install ....

>compiles without error

FUCK LINUX

Attached: 245.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

Maybe use a language with nonshit package management or this beautiful thing called virtualenv tools like pipenv

Retatd.

Are you retarded?

how can you code when you don’t even know how to use a package manager

Your ability to diagnose problems sucks.

why do languages even have package managers? sounds like the worst idea ever, especially since there may be conflict with the distro's main package manager

what's wrong with just passing library locations and flags to your linker (or interpreter if you're using an interpreted language)?

I don't see what pip, npm, cargo, etc are good for

Sudo pip is wrong you arent supposed to install system level packages that way. Use your package manager for that. Otherwise install python packes locally see documentation of pip.

I think you have psychological issues.

This is my 2nd month of using linux. Wtf is a package manager on here

Literally nothing about your issue has anything to do with Linux and everything to do with your lack of understanding of python development

>2nd month of using linux
>Wtf is a package manager

Attached: pep.jpg (225x225, 6K)

python is the most powerful language out there though

the thing is m8 when I ran the same code on the shell in windows it worked flawlessly

Using some shit obscure distro huh?

Install something normal like debian or linux mint.

tips on how to reduce this massive amount of wasted time??

I think you may be on to something here

>use a distro that coddles the user
>when OP doesn't even know what a package manager is (the prominent merit of linux-based distros)
>when OP doesn't even know about superuser privileges

Always try the simplest solutions first. Retard

>being too retarded for sudo

Have you by any chance used Linux for only a month ? This level of retardness shouldn't be possible.

>I don't see what pip, npm, cargo, etc are good for
because there are actually some shitty operating systems out there that don't have package managers
I know it's hard to believe

is this true? whats the difference between pip and aptitude for installing numpy

sudo pip is a bad idea OP. try creating a virtualenv first.

Yeah it's extremely cancer. It's a means for them to be completely platform-independent, because they provide literally everything themselves. They don't give a shit if that causes useless bloat.

Attached: tbt.gif (500x207, 3.06M)

sudo pip is a pain in the ass OP. Try this instead
sudo rm -rf /

I'm a brainlet and don't know shit about package managers or anything, but I still use linux for an apache server to host my website as a hobby.
If something doesn't work, I ALWAYS sudo it afterwords cause its a 50/50 shot at it working. Just food for thought.

It's like when you spend hours combing through headers and what not only to eventually find some file was in the wrong place

It's not linux's problem that you didn't download the required module and copied your code from Stackexchange. Would've happened on any platform.

thank you, solved my problem.

What's pip? Even I as a complete linux n00b know that you install packages with sudo apt install

not OP but I can answer that question
>yes

package manager for python modules

Stop indulging him people, as this is clearly not anything serious of worthwhile. A programmer who doesn't know what a package manager is, give a break... Report and move on.