Does daydreaming remind anyone else of shane carruth's "upstream color" score?

does daydreaming remind anyone else of shane carruth's "upstream color" score?

Yes.

dude, jonny greenwood composed the bso of upstream color...

Radiohead and Carruth both have been massively influenced by Aphex Twin

no he didn't

I rewatched that the other day and I definitely picked up on the similarities. The scene in the Daydreaming video with Thom in the parking garage is also reminiscent of a scene in UC.

As an aside, I really don't see how ppl thought the plot was incomprehensible? Pretty straightforward, thought not presented in a linear fashion. Don't get the "pretentious" critiques either. Great film.

Man, I got the same feeling of it. Upstream Color is my favourite movie, it's cool to see that I wasn't the only one

it's a bit pretentious. I think he thought everyone liked Primer because of it's near incomprehensibility and tried to replicate that fractured structure, even though this story was less suited for it. I did enjoy a lot of it though and it was beautifully photographed

How? I preferred UC to Primer because there was less to understand on a logical level. In a way UC is more egalitarian because even if you don't feel like diving into the meaning of the film on a subtextual/metaphysical level, you can still get lost in the sounds, the cinematography, etc and also come to your own conclusion about what the film "means" based on your own perspective. It's like abstract expressionism in film.

the worst thing carruth did with the film was go on that big press tour to "explain" the film. I like it more when he audience comes up with their own interpretations based on subjective experience. but so many viewers approach art/film as a puzzle that needs to be solved (and to be fair this is true of primer) as opposed to just getting lost in the medium.

lool sonic youth ripoff

What?

in that they're both total garbage worshiped by pseudos because they're permanently middlebrow?

There is nothing pseudo intellectual about either.

upstream color is one of the worst films ive ever seen

the new radiohead is really bad

Kinda yeah

So you're a pleb

Okay, well then they just aren't to your taste and that's fine. "Pseudo intellectual" is a garbage and arbitrary description, plus Radiohead are pretty populist.

Upstream Color is actually worthless. The director just tosses a bunch of symbols at you and thinks you're dumb enough to watch it multiple times trying to 'get it'.

The new Radiohead have the worst melodies they've ever written.

UC is probably my favourite film I've ever seen

That's probably the most reductive summation of Upstream Color I've ever seen, and believe me, I've seen plenty.

That's the point.

Let me be more reductive: It's shit.

:ok_hand:

>The new Radiohead have the worst melodies they've ever written.
this is true, i liked AMSP, is not a bad album, but it like they're not even trying anymore, not too hard at least

It's more that they deliberately made the album less melodically oriented. This go around they seemed to be more preoccupied with sound design and atmosphere.

Shane composes all his soundtracks

Pleb

that last moment is classic PTA