You can't make this shit up

You can't make this shit up

Attached: 537px-Filepicker.png (537x599, 181K)

>posting bugreports for Gnome 2 in a world where Gnome 4 will be announced 3rd or 4th quarter this year
Literally grasping for straws. Also, if you don't like Gnome then don't fucking use it, okay? There are half a gorillean different DEs and WMs to choose from.

>lack of feature is considered a bug
why is this allowed?

It's not considered a bug, it's labelled "enhancement". Anyway, Gnome 2 hasn't been officially supported in ages, I don't see how this meme is still relevant in any way.

>half a gorillean different DEs
He's not talking about DEs he's talking about GTK. There's literally GTK and Qt to choose from. No ones going to use Tcl or SDL or some other stupid shit for a file chooser.

>GtkFileChooserDialog doesn't have thumbnails
Then why do I have thumbnails in Xfce (it also uses a generic GTK file chooser)?

Have they patched it for their own use or something?

openPEPE took the bull by the horns and fixed the damn thing themselves. BASED

Attached: Screenshot_20161228_192948.png (1143x672, 239K)

Because it's been years since, and GTK STILL DOESN'T HAVE IT WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT FUCK GNOME REEEEEEEE

See

user, that's the Qt file chooser. What OpenPEPE did is patch Firefox to use the better option

Because you don't seem to know
A. what a file chooser is
or
B. what this thread is talking about

I suspect you don't know what proper thumbnails are, so B for you.

Where do you get the patch?

I would agree with your comment, since it is really bad style to make jokes about something by using it's weaknesses from decades ago, like
>lol, enjoy getting 1000000 viruses as soon as you use internet exploder to download netscape
aplied to todays windows, but the joke in this case is still valid, since this shit is still not fixed in gnome current, and likely will remain in gnome 4.

Meanwhile, this happend. One of the recent updates apparently deleted the "charcters" app and replaced it with an emoji app.

WTF? Who ever asked for this. Also, I swear that the only thing in this recently used list indeed used by me is ™. I sure as hell did not search for (((gender))) signs and smileys.

How can I delete this cancer from my system, and how can I get the characters app back?

forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-28 14-38-24.png (733x608, 93K)

if open source is so good, why don't you fork gnome/KDE/your favorite linux distro and make it like you want?

>Fork gnome/KDe/your favorite Linux distro
The state of nu-Sup Forums

>user, that's the Qt file chooser. What OpenPEPE did is patch Firefox to use the better option
It is a Qt file picker, yes, I don't see the problem here. Would you rather wait for Gnome and GTK developers to remove yet another feature, because they sure as hell aren't going to fix this after 14 years?

>oh fuck he got me
>what do I do
>I'll just repeat what he said and add """the absolute state of X"""
At this point I'm convinced literal 6 year olds post on Sup Forums

Attached: 1521025849480.png (300x300, 106K)

My point is that Firefox really needs to do this by default. If GTK isn't gonna fix the issue, just bypass it altogether.

wew, what is this garbage post even

at no point did this post or the bug report say that (and GTK's had tiny 16x16 or whatever thumbnails in the file picker for ages... with no way to make them bigger)
what was asked for was icon view, like pic related or

Attached: asdf.jpg (680x480, 101K)

That bug report is literally still the report where they are trying to get it to work in gtk3 or 4