/daily/ - 1.35x speed edition!!

It's the 47th of Febtember.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

topsters.net/
>resurrected, but [not] ((not)) working (!)(?)

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Most importantly, bully people and establish superiority (but nicely).

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/владимир_овчинников_f1/etudes_dexecution_transcendante/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_tale_quartet/string_quartets_nos__1_3/
discogs.com/Sofia-Gubaidulina-Andreas-Haefliger-Radio-Philharmonie-Hannover-Des-NDR-Bernhard-Klee-Solo-Piano-Wor/release/8322765
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronos_Quartet_Performs_Alfred_Schnittke:_The_Complete_String_Quartets
play.spotify.com/user/damsjans/playlist/4scjniCvb5sVgLQDJgMwbX
open.spotify.com/user/damsjans/playlist/4scjniCvb5sVgLQDJgMwbX
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/collab-playlist.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

daily more like gayly lol

I'M DRUNK AS FUCK

for the male-identifying people

>Making an OP pic of your own failure
Embarrassing

whatcha drinkin lad?

Like half of my jokes are at my own expense
It's how I deal with my crippling depression and suicidal tendencies

(just kidding)

okay let's settle this issue once and for all

WHO WIN

ha ha!

>mfw show up twice on the pic
proud of my meme talent desu
its always been my dream to be in one of these

idk man that is goin quite fast... i think i gotta give the edge to hand goin quite fast

that hand is going pretty fast...

have you heard Damned Spirits' Dance - Weird Constellations?
it's trance metal
might be up your alley, it's definitely unorthodox

Remember to choose Free Jazz, lads.

"Reviews" coming in a spell.

I mean the button is the underdog

but that speed...

That hand is goin pretty fast

>featuring les claypool on bass
wew

the song turned out pretty good though

the hand is going pretty fast

What does he listen to?

Speed metal.

probably some fast music to fit that fast lifestyle

gimme rec?

every Sonic OST at the same time

I caught their post on facebook like 1min after they posted and gave it a listen
Still haven't listened to BP though

Terry Riley & Kronos Quartet - Sunrise of the Planetary Dream Collector

>Solo piano
Maurice Ravel - Le Tombeau de Couperin

>String Quartets
Beethoven's 13th

this song is so fucking godly idk why they played it so safe with BP

Favourite artist: Christian Doppler

Good Morning /daily/!

I slept well today! FUCKING WOW.

solo piano
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/владимир_овчинников_f1/etudes_dexecution_transcendante/

haha

ouu
Paul Bley - Open, To Love
Eric Satie - Gnossiennes, Gymnopédies (Reinbert de Leeuw)
Charles Mingus - Mingus Plays Piano

Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun (1999)
>experimental rock, psychedelic rock, neo-psychedelia

I'd definitely say it loses a lot of steam by the end, but I suppose that's just the comedown after the percussive insanity of the first couple tracks. The quality divide is massive though, it starts of as a batshit, schizo mixture of psych, noise rock, krautrock all anchored my insane drum circles, and then it just kinda turns into a boring but pleasant sunny ambient rock record. Not bad by any means, but certainly a let down after the figurative orgasm of the first half. But man, that first half.

3.0+

>Paul Bley
>Mingus
>Western art music
:'^)

>it just kinda turns into a boring but pleasant sunny ambient rock record.

also damn, that dg track is about 10x better than any of the dreck on BP.

:^)

not to say that it wasn't still nice though. fits well in the context of the record as a comedown, but i just couldn't get into it that much.

Peach tea with whiskey
But now I'm on dat leinenkugels summer shandy

Nothing slower than 140bpm for sure

There must be more to life than solo piano and string quartets
>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_tale_quartet/string_quartets_nos__1_3/

Oh boy it's been a while since you gave shit ratings to things I enjoyed. I had almost forgotten.

>also damn, that dg track is about 10x better than any of the dreck on BP.
ikr? The bass playing is way more interesting than anything they've done in a while. I suppose they have Claypool to thank for that, assume it isn't another bjork-esque sampling deal.

>shit ratings
t h r e e m e a n s i s t i l l l i k e d i t a l o t

>solo piano
discogs.com/Sofia-Gubaidulina-Andreas-Haefliger-Radio-Philharmonie-Hannover-Des-NDR-Bernhard-Klee-Solo-Piano-Wor/release/8322765
>string quartets
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronos_Quartet_Performs_Alfred_Schnittke:_The_Complete_String_Quartets

SO

I've been thinking for a while that it might be cool if there were an ongoing collaborative /daily/ spotify playlist where everyone could post favorite songs and stuff. Potentially we could have multiple playlists for different genres/types of music. Idk. What are your thoughts? Who would be interested in participating?

oh damn you were quicker than me with the Schnittke
and the Tale version is better than the Kronos rendition anyway

sounds cool as hell, i'm in!

ohhh also
>String Quartets
Beethoven's Grosse Fuge

that's a great idea idk how no one has thought of that before, I'm in

sure if I used Spotify I'd join.

me i would

>t h r e e m e a n s i s t i l l l i k e d i t a l o t
Right right whatever

Haven't heard to Kronos rendition, but Tale's is certainly top

If this happens I just might re-install spotify
But I hate advertisements and I hate paying

>tfw nobody laughs at your physics jokes except you

Spotify in browser + Adblock = no ads
(works for me, at least)

I have premium so count me in

>physics
>jokes

From best to worst

>Ground-Zero - Plays Standards
I could gush about this thing for hours, but I'll just say that anything that can be called Avant-Prog, Turntablism/plunderphonics, noise rock, avant-garde jazz, etc has to be interesting. Just as good if not better than Ver. 1.28.

>Can - The Peel Sessions
I enjoy some of late-70s Can work, but felt it was missing a lot. This is where a lot of those jams are fully realized into thought out songs, at least until the last two tracks, which are just okay.

>Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
The best of their non-post rock era. Moved away from the new wave and brought more complex melodies in, but for some reason I just didn't love it as much as I thought I should.

>Unexpect - In a Flesh Aquarium
Chaotic avant prog metal that is usually more quirky than technical, but not always.

>Talk Talk - It's My Life
I actually really enjoyed the New Wave-y feel, but it feels slightly less realized than their next album.

>Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet
The kraut influence is again really apparent, but I felt like every other song had the same formula with a synth playing a few chords in the background, and horns or something coming in half way through the track. Fun but predictable.

>Slowdive - Souvlaki
A lot of really beautiful parts, but I can't seem to like these guys like other shoegaze acts. They can craft some good melodies, but only on about half of their tracks on this album.

>The The - Soul Mining
Some great melodies on here, but nothing of much substance. I enjoyed the post-punk sounding parts, but by halfway through most of these songs I felt like the track was done doing anything interesting. Very very okay.

>Slowdive - Pygmalion
While their previous album had at least half of the tracks I enjoyed, this one had maybe three. Definitely lost my interest after song two, other than maybe track eight.

>Tigers Jaw - s/t
It blurs the line between emo and pop punk in the worst way possible.

I'm probably just gonna put Fishmans in there but yeah whatever I'll do it.

fug I messed up switch Unexpect and Stereolab

>Nice dubs, Fish
"Thanks"

You know when you read an autobiography and you're like damn my life is so bland and unaccomplished in comparison you get really upset about it. I'm there and I'm dwelling

You know when you read an autobiography and you're like damn this person never did any cool shit until they were older than me and you get really hopeful for a minute. I'm there and I'm dwelling

Didn't expect this much enthusiasm. Have at it bois!
play.spotify.com/user/damsjans/playlist/4scjniCvb5sVgLQDJgMwbX

also I need three more people for week 1 of my calendar get in her

That was my hope but sadly not the truth

Maybe I should rephrase my last post to say "I'm reading and inspiring biography"

new Gero

I made a shitty fake spotify account for this and the link doesn't even work pls halp

Roy Harper - Stormcock

uhh shit. Does this work?
open.spotify.com/user/damsjans/playlist/4scjniCvb5sVgLQDJgMwbX

>I'm probably just gonna put Fishmans
>spotify
bad news fishboy....

Don Ellis - Electric Bath

theo monk- brilliant corners
tom waits- closing time

goodnight dairy

nice! i'll add some stuff to it soon!

good night!

:\

Night bb nat

nighty night

Cool! Nighty night

>9/10s
>4 on rym
hmm

I'll go with Closing Time

good sleep

O shit boi

But I really like having the files to put on my mp3 player desu
Music is hard

MY PROPA VOILA SHADOW GANDA
OH
OH OH
OH OH OH OH
VOILA
OHHHHHHHHHH
BADABADABADABABABADABADABABA

>Plays Standards at the top

>Jandek - The Ruins Of Adventure

Jandek just crops his face from the previous album cover. “Hahaha”.

After the flanger guitar, Smith returns to his fretless bass. There is a sense of grace in his playing on this album, unlike the previous efforts. His note plucking doesn’t feel all that abrupt, although it is still a Jandek record. If you expect the rashness to disappear then you’re wrong.

The tracks are long. The opening “The Park” is a 10 minute story about the eternally suffering Jandek-ian protagonist creating a park for himself and his loved one to escape from all the hassle of this world. Vocals are half-dying as usual. Bass tends to get extremely slow during Jandek’s talks. I was thinking of the song’s main theme the day before I listened to this album. Smith manages to freak me out once again.

Bluff Brink slows it down even more! The bass becomes very quiet too compared to his vocals. The track is still a bit hard for me to comprehend, but Smith mixes storytelling about being closed out from the society, having trust issues and not giving a damn. The way he delivers the final “I can’t possibly care about it all” sounds a bit ridiculous.
“Completely Yours” reminds me of a track from The Door Behind in terms of content. On “It’s Only You”, Sterling already spoke about this obsessive character who sacrifices everything for the person he adores. There might be a slightly less masochistic approach to this track in particular, but it still feels like the protagonist is doing a wrong thing. The bass keeps wobbling through.

“Mysteries of Existence” is the shortest track on here. Very slow. This track is probably the most metaphysical from Jandek, going into numerous states of self-exploration. A lot of it sounds like jibberish. Can’t really go into too much details here, except for the fact that the bass sounds pretty good on this!

The closing title track is 14 minutes long. This one probably features the best lyrics about the usual lost and annoyed, depression-filled man vs. the world. “To live and die, it’s too bleak / No mystery, solid fact / The ruins of adventure” is a great lyric. A breakdown because the thing that enamoured him turns out to be so simple. Realizing that living is a better choice, the protagonist gets even angrier at death and at his life as well. Interesting track. Some of the bass playing on here gets really aggressive but it still keeps closer to a smoother progression.

I think the musical formula has been wearing out for some time already. It is nice to see a slightly softer approach to the bass guitar (which I appreciate) and the lyrics tend to get really good, but he really needs a fresh reboot of his career. Let’s see when that happens.

7-/10

wew, 6+/10 actually. I changed my mind and forgot to edit D:

o shit you're right
well it's 9'd on my itunes playlist
I changed it
nice satanic trips btw

yes this seems to have worked

Too late, now it's here forever. Some day someone will go to find something about Jandek in the archive and they will have to witness your failure.

Why would you keep music on your computer that you think is terrible.

except it isn't loading at all.

But why have the folder at all then.

DDDD:

good point

:P
Can you give me your name/username on spotify? I can just send you an invitation.

aw damn my Spotify profile has my real name and facebook profile pic on it
also i can't figure out how to add something to this playlist

My Spotify profile is the same. I would've joined if it weren't for that.

my name is AyyTortsUM duh

you can just make a quick fake acc, it takes like 5 seconds and there are no downsides

to add to the playlist right click any song and hit add to playlist > daily collab

oh it works with a burner email account
okay then

I've made one but like Torts I can't really access the playlist.

I had the same issue on the webplayer, but for what ever reason it works on the desktop app.

Damn, I have to get the app? I'll just add to the playlist some other time.

Wait actually I can't do it that way...
umm...
Shit.
Idk maybe try getting into it from here dailymu-sic.weebly.com/collab-playlist.html
Sounds like you might have to have the app :(

fucc that I ain't installin' no shit for memes :^|

I'm so happy we started doing this

Starting this alongside IMFJ chart. Been wanting to do this for a long ass time.

wish I used Spotify at all, or that Fishmans were on there, or this would be real rad for me.

Making a 8x8 chart right now to do alongside that and IMFJ. Should be an interesting month.

Might try another one of these too once I'm done with those.