What's your musical journey like, Sup Forums? Give us a snapshot of your top 10 scrobbled artists year by year

What's your musical journey like, Sup Forums? Give us a snapshot of your top 10 scrobbled artists year by year.

Doing this has taught me that my "comfort artists" tend to have little variation.

I omitted 2012 since I only started using last.fm in september of that year

My computer broke in February 2015 and didn't get a new one until August so I wasn't really getting/listening to much new music at the time and even if I did the scobbles are missing sadly

Neat, I didn't know this was a feature

My account is really just over 2 years old though (circa April 14th 2014)

well I only started scrobbling last year
as you can see it's not really changed that much

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Jesus

I don't think that this place is for you, well-meaning gay man. I'm sorry

how

how did you do this

i don't understand

Well, that wasn't very nice

Elaborate

been browsing Sup Forums and using last.fm for a long time, kids

>BtMI!
>other ska and punk
>Danny Brown
>Kanye
>Beck

let's hang out

forgot pic

This made me interested in my own listening patters over the years. I didn't realize how much I stopped listening to music when I moved and got a girlfriend. Just doing other things and working more. Life intervenes. Just looking at what I was listening to though, I realize I'm a lot happier as a person now.

That wasn't my post please don't (you) me. I just thought your post was funny.

The date stretch thing seems to not work for me for some reason. It always overwrites the "from" dialogue. Though I didn't even think to do anything like this, this is pretty cool.

Got an account in 2011 but don't seem to have any scrobbles from then.

what is the point of this if nobody is having discussion?

It facilitated something that I'm now curious about in my own listening history. Even if no one comments on mine, it's got me thinking about my life over the last 6 years.

What happened in 2015 that Swift is your number 1 that year?

Interesting taste progression.

You too. Lots of angry/aggressive music in 2013 and getting somewhat mellower over the years. Kind of happened to me too.

Somehow you got worse every year, holy shit

I had always liked hearing her singles on the radio and then I actually took the plunge and got 1989. And then the rest of her albums.

What the fuck is this autisic layout?

Do you wanna know how to do the history thing?

If so, you go to your last.fm page, click on "Top Artists". There will be a calendar icon on the right side of your screen. Click on it, and you will see a date range. Change "From" to 01/01/20XX, and change "To" to 12/31/20XX

XX would be whatever year of your choice.

I'd imagine you fell down the music-rabbithole before you started using last.fm

From primarily indie to primarily rap. Interesting taste progression indeed.

Rude

>Rush was replaced with Lush
I feel like there's a joke in there somewhere, but I don't feel like putting in the mental work that would be necessary to make it.

That and you have more things to occupy you rather than mindlessly listening to albums, it seems

If anything, it can cause a bit of introspection, like what said. Although discussion would be nice. But a lot of the usual "Here's my taste" threads tend to fall into similar traps.

>Lots of angry/aggressive music in 2013 and getting somewhat mellower over the years

I think growing out of your teenage years does that

didn't have data for much of 13 for various bizarre reasons

I didn't even realize I still listen to a lot of TMBG this year.

>From primarily indie to primarily rap. Interesting taste progression indeed.

I got a social life and stopped being pretenous

Interesting stuff

hey turno

Mornin'

shame I kept deleting and starting new accounts, would have been good to have the charts from 2008

I went from complete shit to bit better shit

Oasis
Blur

cool found some, good old WayBackMachine

Nice thread.

In 2012 I didn't scrobble most part of music I listened.

too lazy to continue, i got scrobbles from 2007.
I stopped using last.fm in 2015 though, the forced beta layout sucks and i'm not coming back until groups are back

user might've been rude but honestly why are you here, with a chart like that?

Better than another bunch of shitty Sup Forumscore or memerap.

yes but if you dont listen to meme rap or shitty mucore why would you be on mu?

There are the occasional threads about good music.

yes, but top 40 pop singers are not good music

Nor is memerap and most Sup Forumscore.

Agree. People act like that stuff is above top 40, but it isn't.

that's not the point. The reason why people are on Sup Forums is because people like shitty mucore and memerap as we discussed previously. The reason why you are here, you've yet to explain.

Yep, swapping whats popular with Billboard for whats popular with Pitchfork and Fantano isn't a step up in any way.

I talk about lots of different music in different threads, its not all Sup Forumscore and memerap here.

hey, other guy wasn't me
anyway I can actually get some discussion on Sup Forums and I can get plenty of recs in the chart and collage threads
and it's not like I exclusively listen to pop either; it just makes up most of my listening

>TMBG
wew

did I win?

Yes! You won the award for listening to the dullest techno for 4 years award!

Well done lad.

DELET THIS

Haven't changed much since last year

b8

Trash me and my unconditional love for cheese metal.

Your listening habits are strange (very irregular).

How so? I guess I have times when I prefer mellow over bombastic, and vice versa, but isn't it like that for everyone?

My dramatic change in taste was between like 2010-2012 and has been pretty static since then evidently.

2008-2016. I really should have made this multiple columns.

I really don't change that much

I like you

>over 9000 plays from the same artist
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Muslimgauze and f(x) I'm disappointed in u