Have desktop dual-booting Windows 10 and Arch, Secure Boot disabled

>have desktop dual-booting Windows 10 and Arch, Secure Boot disabled
>have been getting shitty ethernet on Windows (Arch works fine)
>Internet says this might be a UEFI problem, should update it (had already updated drivers and tried everything else
>update UEFI
>re-enables Secure Boot
>DELETES MY FUCKING EFI ENTRY FOR ARCH
Even when you're not using Windows, Microsoft somehow manages to ruin your day.

Attached: 1439813728728.jpg.gif (160x160, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello

It seems like your issue stems from problems with your motherboard and isn't directly related to Windows.

Can you read properly? When did I ever blame Windows?

Hello

It seems like you are still implying that this was Microsoft's fault when they had nothing to do with it! Perhaps you should contact your motherboard manufacturer for support?

How did Microsoft have nothing to do with Secure Boot? They literally created it.

Hello

You had it coming by using windows 10
Install openBSD

It has nothing to do with Windows, Secure Boot deleted all non-signed EFI entries and left the signed ones intact. Microsoft created secure boot.

Hello

Did you ensure that all of your EFI entries were properly signed before trying to update UEFI?

Hello

Windows is a Microsoft created OS (that is, Operating System).

No, I had Secure Boot disabled. I specifically did not want them signed. Secure Boot should not delete entries it doesn't like.

And that matters how?

>winblows 10
Microshaft did not ruin your day, you did this to yourself, you fucking retard.

It has nothing to do with Windows you complete moron, learn what Secure Boot is before posting. I could be running Arch only and the problem would remain.

Hello

If you wanted to use unsigned EFI entries (not recommended) then you should have disabled Secure Boot beforehand.

I did.
>have desktop dual-booting Windows 10 and Arch, Secure Boot disabled

Learn to read.

Hello

Do not use non-free software (that is, software under restrictive licenses that are either close-source or under a *GPL license) on a BIOS level

Do not use non-free OS (that is, Operating Systems) either

>on a BIOS level
UEFI is not BIOS, retard.

Hello

I know, I was not referring to UEFI, rather pointing out that you should not use non-free software kn a BIOS level.

Please learn to read more carefully, it saves all of us a lot of time

>non-free software kn a BIOS level.
What are you even talking about, what "non-free software on a BIOS level"?

Hello

libreboot.org

What cool things only Linux can run that FreeBSD can't? I think nobody can answer this clearly without entering in the license argument, I'm talking about software, devices support and features

I'm not using Libreboot. Are you literally retarded?

The Linux kernel.

Hello

Linux can run a lot of virtualization software, such as ScummVM, Cooperative Linux, ResidualVM, and Virtual Hugs.

Stop saying hello you fucking spastic

Hello

I cannot and do not apply for disability, no

Imagine being dumb enough to disable secure boot
Enjoy your UEFI malware retard

Inability to read should net you some government bucks, Pajeet.

Imagine being so dumb you need secure boot to prevent you from running a rootkit.

Hello

I find your racist a bit disturbing

It only adds to a toxic climate, which is generally not sought upon.

Also I am not India

Thanks! I guess this is a major sell point for Linux because why people would bother with spergs commie wannabe in the free software circles, if you can get a good development platform with free bad, with a sane peoples licenses and we everything

Hello

As a matter of fact that is a correct opinion

>post count didn't even go up
>same lack of basic English skills
Pajeet samefagging.

jesus this is autistic

libreboot.org

Hello

Ironically shitposting is still shitposting, but its still fun

Attached: Screenshot_20180329-023904.png (1080x1920, 166K)

No Im and was the keyboard who swyped wrong so shut up, and I liked the Hello guy, was not to convincing that Linux has a much bigger community than FreeBSD Just because of virtual machines, but was the only useful answer, you just learn how to write the world pajeet recently and is all hyped up, so just lay down kiddo

Hello

As a matter of fact I prefer BSDs over Linux, in fact I use openBSD everywhere
It just so happens that FreeBSD has fallen in the FOSS loophole of putting politics over development

Hello

>you just learn how to write the world
Please keep telling me how it's totally your keyboard, Ranjeet.