How many listens did it take?

I'm on my 2nd listen, still not clicking.

this is a standard 90s pop album

if you don't get it on the first listen kys

like ten

turn your volume up all the way, maybe get stoned

pretty much how I did it tons of weed and loud

If you're willing to listen through stuff to get it to click, I bet you'll be really rewarded if you listen to Almost Killed Me by The Hold Steady. Separation Sunday (2nd Album) is their best imo but it's better to listen to them in order, or at least listen to Almost Killed Me before trying their other stuff.

ignore it for a while, listen to more music, if you feel like you want to come back, listen to it again

I always liked songs like Sometimes/When You Sleep but the whole album didn't strike me as more than good until I listened to after binge drinking to get over my ex

I've never had happier tears in my life

3 I think

i will agree with 3

the first time it melded all together
the second and third times i started feeling differences between songs

this

you are all fucking plebs

3 or 4. When you start hearing the melodies for the noise you're getting it. When you listen to To Here Knows When and think "man, it's over already?", you've got it.

the first listen. if it doesn't click the first time it's just not your taste, but you can appreciate it as an album besides that

I've listened to it fully at least 8 times and I only like When You Sleep. If you don't love it, at least you won't be alone.

Loveless is my favorite album of all time.

First time I heard it, I was narcotized.

My Bloody Valentine is great!!

The album is a meme. Not everyone will like it and most that do only pretend.

this
it clicked on my second but my second listen was a year after the first

>When you listen to To Here Knows When and think "man, it's over already?", you've got it.
This, To Here Knows When is the comfiest track on an album of comfy tracks.

For me it clicked immediately. I was absolutely enamored by the second track. I never got why it took some people so long for it to click with them, but to each his own I guess.

>I don't like it so people that say they do are just pretending

Never gets old.

Starting with Loveless? You're gonna have a bad time! I suggest picking up Ecstasy and Wine.

I got it halfway through my first listen, but I was accustomed to reverb heavy music, so Loveless just felt like making reverb/distortion and atmosphere the focus of the music

After Only Shallow I thought it was pretty good. After Loomer I knew it was fucking amazing.

This.

It clicked with me on the first seconds.

You either like shoegaze or you don't. You either like the wall-of-sound guitar noise mixed with disorienting heavenly melodies and angelic vocals, or it's simply not your thing. Neither liking nor disliking it doesn't make you patrician.

I think it's possible for shoegaze to be an acquired taste, especially if you're not like
and aren't accustomed to heavy reverb. The first time I listened to Loveless it sounded like vaguely pleasant noise but on subsequent listens I caught wind of the melodies underneath and now I think it's amazing.

Perhaps you need to read my post again.
I don't pretend.
Loveless is astounding, and I have listened to it at least once a week for 25 years.

Their latest MBV is terrific.

OK, YMMV

Got it on my 2nd listen 1st listen didn't click with any of the songs then i listen to a lot of shoegaze music and re listen this notice it actually have an amazing soundscape and one of my favorite early shoegaze album

I'm on my 67th listen. Still not clicking.

m b v was... mediocre in my opinion.

Loveless is obviously an intense, textured album. Not for everyone of course.

I listen every album I want to "get" at least 4 or 5 times

You have to find the background, look past just the guitar in the foreground. I smoked a ton of weed also while listening to it

Don't try and make it. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

Still, everyone says to listen to it louder but I didn't really start to like it until I listened to it quieter. I still don't really love it outside of a couple tracks but it makes for a pretty comfy nighttime listen right before I go to bed.

I love mbv. Fantastic openers and closers. Even the "filler" track is amazing.

1, very very good album desu

At that point, just give up and admit you don't like it.

What are some of the best layered songs on it?

fav album of all time, it probably clicked on the third or fourth listen for me. for some reason To Here Knows When was the track that REALLY clicked w me and it was smooth sailing from there

took me 80, make sure you listen full blast

You're pretty much conditioning yourself to like it at this point

try listening to it reversed at 8kbps

That's because To Here Knows When is the best shoegaze track of all time.

2/3 not really that challenging

I-I felt a feel from that picture about explaining its nit that other shit band

Sup Forums then
>hey guys, I have listened to this album 10 times and I don't know what to think about it, maybe it's not my thing, maybe I will change my opinion in the future
Sup Forums now
>HEY GUYS I HAVE JUST PUT THIS SHIT ON AND IT'S NOT CLIKING LOLOLO I'M ON THE SECOND TRACK WHAT TO EXPECT???

calm the fuck down

Make autism great agaim

i noticed it clicked when i was taking lunch after working my fucking ass all day, cutting brush to reduce fire fuels in Arizona duriing the hot ass summer:: I was sitting in the fucking dirt next to the fire house, eating my ham sandwich, pretzles and canteen of coffee, or whatever the fuck I was having, and one of the tracks came on when I had my mp3 player on shuffle. It just sounded so incredibly light and subtle. It was just a pleasant track to accompany my lunch break, nothing more, nothing less. And for that I've kept it on my mp3 player since.