ITT: New sounding music

ITT: New sounding music

What is the most groundbreaking and original music of the past 5 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bFrKd6q25ek
youtube.com/watch?v=MvRnPtbHC0o
youtube.com/watch?v=aUBzGKpHGAY
youtube.com/watch?v=N2haRSNr08M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally invented a whole new genre

Does it need to be groundbreaking....is just a good song not enough?
youtube.com/watch?v=bFrKd6q25ek

2016 gbotysf

Im gonna release it in a year, please wait

OPN is one of the most important artists for sure

unironically death grips
definitely Lopatin as well

ok

I like Garden of Delete more but I agree.

true

Death Grips is the only prominent-ish band doing something different. They've even deviated heavily away from stuff like BLACKIE that they were once compared to.

youtube.com/watch?v=MvRnPtbHC0o

I wouldn't really call the album new or groundbreaking. It is a very refreshing relief from regular pop, though.

I would say SOPHIE's other work could be considered very innovative, though, both for pop and in general. I really love his production style.

Meme answer but only others I can think of are also DG and OPN. Maybe Arca and Amon Tobin too, to a lesser extent.

wrong

Who would you say, then?

>I would say SOPHIE's other work could be considered very innovative, though, both for pop and in general.
starting product now

so far it just seems like a rough outline to workshop ideas that would become fully realized with charli

I honestly prefer Product. Vroom Vroom is good too and probably better produced overall, but the style seemed to fit less with Charli's performance.

It fits really badly here: youtube.com/watch?v=aUBzGKpHGAY
And better here: youtube.com/watch?v=N2haRSNr08M

Koi's amazing though

>but the style seemed to fit less with Charli's performance.
It can be challenging at times which is typical of innovation but I think its a lock. If not for the hannah diamond song it'd be holding its own against full lengths.

"blackened" folk while it may be from the past. I feel is a new sound for the 2010's and offers an acoustic contrast to witchhouse

the wolfmen of mars is retro sci-fi and metal

go on bandcamp for "new" sounding music.

death grips

fun fact
dataplex is over 10 years old

diiv and mac demarco

False. Bro country existed before that.

what makes you think im gonna give out my latest finds?

i would say just listen to the radio due to the horrid state of this thread.

Bandcamp and soundcloud are your only hope, OP.

Death Grips, Oneohtrix

some Animal Collective but they're more 2000s than 2010s, their output this decade is quite groundbreaking like the older stuff.

It's Death Grips-ps-ps

(bump)

juke/footwork producers like rashad, paypal, jlin, etc.

While the whole analogue thing could be argued to be old-sounding, nothing about what he does is old-sounding at all. His approach and sound are very original.

If the single he dropped off of this is any indication, this album is going to be pretty "new-sounding", although there's not really anything else quite like any of the rest of his discography (all his projects) either

>all these shitty nostalgia artists like OPN and Vektroid are considered "ground-breaking"

i feel old

These

pretty raw

Iglooghost