C programming for beginners

Why is it so difficult to find an absolute beginner-friendly book/web guide to learn this language, especially on Linux? Their's, "C Programming Language," by Kernighan but that seems geared toward the novice with some sort of background. I just wanna get into hardware hacking and Arduino stuff.

Should I just give up and go back to Python?

Help Sup Forums

Attached: The_C_Programming_Language_logo.svg.png (731x777, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

learnxinyminutes.com/docs/c/
web.eecs.utk.edu/~plank/plank/classes/cs140/lecture_notes.html
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-096-introduction-to-c-january-iap-2011/lecture-notes/
publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/
cslibrary.stanford.edu/101/EssentialC.pdf
cslibrary.stanford.edu/102/PointersAndMemory.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Jlbs8ly6OKA&list=PL76809ED684A081F3
rbt.asia/g/thread/64944228/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Start with Java then come back once you understand programming basics.

learnxinyminutes.com/docs/c/

Try looking up college course web pages. Lots CS101 type classes teach in C++, which will be easier to learn if you're an absolute beginner programmer and will make it easy to transition to pure C.

try:
web.eecs.utk.edu/~plank/plank/classes/cs140/lecture_notes.html
or
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-096-introduction-to-c-january-iap-2011/lecture-notes/

give up

Use king's "C programming:a modern approach"

Try this publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/

Just take your time and make sure you do exercises

1) K&R C book
2) Understanding and Using C Pointers - Reese
3) The C Preprocessor - free software foundation
4) The Standard C Library - Plauger

That should be about every resource you need. 2 picks up where 1 leaves off, and has great exercises. C Preprocessor demystifies a lot of the macro gore you'll come across.

If you have absolutely no skill in applying your mind to something you suck at, you'll never be good at anything desu.

This thread was posted a while back and it had a lot of good resources. I bookmarked all of it but sadly my hard drive took a turn for the worst and lost it all. Anyone have these links by chance?

Attached: TheWholeDamnPlate.png (1920x941, 394K)

K&R is totally approachable for someone who's never programmed before. That's how I learned

If you find K&R2 too difficult for your brainlet self then don't even bother.

NICK PARLANTE

cslibrary.stanford.edu/101/EssentialC.pdf

cslibrary.stanford.edu/102/PointersAndMemory.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=Jlbs8ly6OKA&list=PL76809ED684A081F3

I like these videos.

do you know who that guys is?

>using videos to learn

Attached: serveimage.gif (540x304, 1.6M)

Yes I know who Carl is and what he did. I don't care though, I watched his videos to learn about programming and I think he does a good job of explaining things

Some people like to watch videos when they are starting out.

C is literally LITERALLY the simplest mainstream language, how do you not get this

Attached: 1521920979699.png (293x270, 41K)

kek

rbt has them: rbt.asia/g/thread/64944228/

Learning C from a pedo r*dditor > using p*thon.

>Their's, "C Programming Language," by Kernighan but that seems geared toward the novice with some sort of background
What the fuck do you mean? TCPL is literally brainlet tier. If you can't follow through it, you should give up computers and go flip burgers you worthless piece of scrap meat.

THIS

kn king > all other beginner c books