Best Beginner GNU/Linux Distro

(pic unrelated)
>I'm interested in trying some simple GNU/Linux distros.
That's my first problem
I have some criteria but it isn't that big
I just need a reliable modern looking gui. My top choice right now is Kubuntu but I'm still debating

Attached: Screenshot_20180328-180752_Instagram~2.jpg (720x629, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Linux Mint

If you pick kubuntu you're going to realize that it's buggy as hell and it will leave a shit taste in your mouth. please consider something else

Linux Mint.

elementary

Debian.

Kbuntu or xubuntu is probably the way to go.
Personally I prefer xfce4 or mate over KDE and cinnamon. But it's just personal taste. If you like flashy animations by default KDE is a good choice, but they just annoy me.
If you own an Android, kdeconnect is something you should look into despite your choice of distro/de. It's pretty handy.
I wouldnt recommend Linux mint, for reasons I've typed out so many times on this board I cbf doing it again. You can google why.
Good luck mate

Arch linux.

i use arch btw

What do you recommend then

You actually helped me, thanks.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

What's so good about raw Debian

>I use arch
I said beginner not beginning my first cyber security group

install debian and choose XFCE when asked in the install process

>What's so good about raw Debian
absolutely nothing, the same kind of retards that like arch shill debian but don't want the faggot aura of arch

>I said beginner
just use one of the many Arch installers, not like you need to do anything with it after to set it up. It just werks.
Or if you really want to tinker as soon as you're done installing an OS:
>install debian
>realize there's no 'sudo'
>learn to install packages to install sudo
>realize you're not in a sudoers list
>learn how to make groups and add users to groups
>look up some software
>realize it's not in the repo because there are no mantainers or there aren't at least 100 thousand people using it
>learn the godwaful process of adding ppa repos to apt
>learn to build your own packages if there's no ppa repo

alright, some things to consider:

>what do you want to use Linux for
If you just wanna use Linux for the sake of Linux, you still have to come up with reasons to use it, otherwise you're not going to.

>do you actually need a GUI
If you don't, you might just want to get a VM and set up a samba share to copy files.
Another option would be to just go with cygwin.

>what distro to choose
Especially as a beginner, you're going to run in a few problems.
So, the best distro you can use during that phase is the one with the best support.
Stuff like the Ubuntu forums (or forums in general) are very unstructured and mostly a waste of time. Ask Ubuntu might be a bit better, but wikies are probably your best bet.

>where should you ask questions
You obviously want a fast response from people who actually know what they're doing, but you don't want to pay for it. Chances are, somebody else had the same problem before, so you're not going to get around looking at some forum.
You can however check out if the distro you use has an IRC channel.

Attached: fix it.png (640x1080, 995K)

Solus OS very Nice and easy

OpenSUSE with the KDE Plasma desktop. There really is no other option.

>trying simple distro
just install ubuntu or whatever variation of that you want. installing anything else is probably going to be a waste of time and result in you reinstalling windows.

Pic related

Mostly for work like libre office, light coding, with heavy 3d modeling

By simple I kinda ment reliable, like all the essentials are there and don't have to download that many custom drivers and such

Start using a distro on the competence level you want to reach, not on the competence level you're guaranteed to be comfortable in without reaching for anything.