Are musicians stupid

>Earlier today, an interview was shared where Ariel Pink said he'd been asked to work on Madonna's new album, and then he proceeded to talk trash about her recent recorded output, saying she's been on a "downward slide" since her first record

>On Twitter, Grimes made it clear that she did not appreciate Ariel's comments about Madge:

>"Ariel pinks delusional misogyny is emblematic of the kind of bullshit everyone woman in this industry faces daily"

>Ariel Pink's pom pom comes out November 17. Pink recently sat for an interview with The Guardian in which he addressed Grimes' recent twitter comment

>What an amazing promotional campaign this is,” he chuckles. “I was only repeating what Interscope told me about why they needed me. They’re not my opinions. It’s clickbait journalism. The media lies to us all the time, and we always believe the media. Then Grimes – who’s completely stupid and retarded to believe any of it – jumps in and has her two cents. I’m not a misogynist. Maybe she’s angry that I’m the male version of her, who was at 4AD before her.”

Any other examples of stupid feuds between artists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Stent#2010s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Angels#Critical_reception
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, Grimes really is that stupid. This has been known since 2009.

>makes more sophisticated and thought out music than her
>misogyny
lmao

your conscious and posting this stupid thread the way you did.

go to bed ariel

What did she do?

who cares they're both shit

That's not even the stupidest grimes moment desu

>grimes goes to the studio to make album
>bitches that the engineers are producing the stuff for her

dumb and retarded

Any good artist to rec?

he wouldnt be able to do any of this "sophisticated" muisc if it wasnt for the partiarchal hegemony that exists in our osciety
so yes, he is a misogynist

kek

>ends up mixing the album herself and it sounds like ass

This was so fucking stupid. I'm a Grimes fan, and I think Art Angels is an amazing album. But the mixing on that album is fucking dreadful. She couldn't just suck up her pride and let an engineer help out? The one time in the history of music where feminism got in the way of great art. baka desu

I don't like him but he put her in her place good.

Pain Jerk

> the one time

Grimes' complaints about her authorship and women's artistry being trivialised and downplayed are legitimate. Other artists like MIA and Bjork have said similar things. But Grimes seems to have this weird insecurity thing where she rejects any form of male assistance as condescension and a threat to her creativity. She takes a legit issue and blows it out of proportion. I remember reading a quote where she was saying how pissed off she was that a male producer said he'd love to work with her, the implication from Grimes being "I DONT NEED YOUR HELP!!!".

> the one time

Are there any others? And don't give no yoko beatles bullshit. I mean an artist releasing an obviously compromised piece of art as a direct result of their feminist beliefs.

Isn't there a tweet from Grimes from a few years earlier saying basically the same thing Ariel did?

A bit of a tangent, but do MIA and Bjork make all their music themselves? Like I don't know much about them, but MIA doesn't produce her own beats does she. I would like to know how much Bjork contributed to the production on Vulnicura.

>buttdevasted Grimgoblin fan
Wew lad calm down

She said on "What's in My Bag?" that Madonna sucks now but she loves her old stuff.

>MIA
no

>Bork
Not sure.
Looking at the Wikipedia pages for her albums should show who produced each song.

but i bet she has a problem with people assuming she doesn't know shit, purely on the basis that she's pretty

The mixing on Art Angels confirms that she doesn't know shit

>Grimes
>pretty

No one downplays Kanye's authorship even though he has legions of producers working for him.

>opinions

Yes they do. That's one of the most common criticisms of him after "he's an massive egotist"

"Rockists" deride him all the time.

only fanboys dont, same with any other artist

wait, wait, wait..so let me get this one straight. So i can't say Madonna's music is pure garbage, because i will be accused of misogyny?
But her music is garbage. It always has been garbage. Granted she was the first female artist to over sexualizise her image in order to schock people, something a ton of female pop stars done since to stay relevant, but that's not an achievement.
Madona's music is just awful. There's nothing remotely interesting about her music.

I seriously want to work with Grimes in studio.
Like we team up to make some sort of crossover album.
Slowly build a relationship over the process.
And eventually make her my wife.
The album goes on to get 10/10 reviews

Eh. It's not at a professional standard, but it's a better job than 95% of the people here could do.

Grimes is just butthurt because Art Angels is essentially Ray of Light and she doesn't want people criticising her idol

>b-bet you couldn't do better
child logic

that is not a benchmark to hold anything to

You're stupid. Art Angels was mixed by Mike Stent, a well known mixing engineer. Stop confusing producing with mixing.

You're saying she doesn't know shit. Knowledge is all relevant. I'm saying the quality of mix proves that she does know a decent amount about mixing.

*mark stent

he's good tbqh, did a lot of depeche mode stuff

Stop this meme. ART ANGELS WAS MIXED BY MIKE STENT.

*mark stent

ah i stand corrected. how the fuck did that album turn out the way it did. wtf.

what is this autism

My bad. I stand corrected.

dude, you made up that name. gtfo.

>No one
How do people get their head so far up their ass they can seriously believe things like this

*spike stent

I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about, saying Art Angels was mixed badly.

From an engineers stand point, it's professional level.
I think that late 90's early 2000's sound is what they were going for.
So it's not up to the flashy standards you normally hear in mixes today.
But that doesn't mean it's bad.

also correct

Musicians aren't necessarily stupid. There are a lot of brilliant ones, like Brian May, David Byrne, Lou Reed, Richard Hell, Charles Mingus, Brian Eno, Jim Carroll, and so on.

But the truth is, musicians have a couple things counting against them:

1) at least in popular music, major musicians tend to start young, and more often than not this means they never went to school. Most aren't educated. For many, playing music is what they did in lieu of an education. They worked shitty jobs and made their band their focus, and for the few that got lucky, they became celebrities.

2) people essentially stop maturing emotionally when they get famous because suddenly they need to adapt less to the world around them - people bend over backwards to make them happy and make them think they're great. Because music is an art where people tend to achieve success early, this means they often stop maturing at something like 23, even 17 sometimes.

So basically, you can wind up with a bunch of adults with the minds of teenagers and zero education, who think that they're God's gift to humanity.

It was supposedly a collaborative effort between Claire and Stent, and we can't be certain what that means exactly. She had mentioned that her home studio didn't have a subwoofer, so the low end would need some help from a third party. Which is probably why the kick drum sounds like ass in nearly every single song.

>Art Angels is essentially Ray of Light
I'm wondering if you actually listened to Ray of Light... Where the fuck are songs like Scream, Flesh Without Blood, Venus Fly, Kill V. Maim, on Ray of Light?

this is hilarious

if it turned out to be him everyone would be like
>oh it's professional standard etc

but if she says she had any hand in it at all everyone's like
>see! that's why it's bad

just confirming her fucking point you moron

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Stent#2010s

me

This dude is a pro. Just look how many well known albums he mixed.

that doesnt confirm shit, its jsut a shitty supposition

Underrated opinion. Art Angels sounds fine, you pretentious morons.

it does
it confirms her point, that people assume she doesn't know anything

even her defenders are doing it itt, she can't win

even if she moved to a fucking desert island and made the best album ever made by any human you'd be saying
>yeah well she didn't design all her own software, hurr durr standing on the shoulders of giants

it's actually garbage, but whatever.

True words. Grimes can't win on Sup Forums, even if she would make the best album ever. There will always people belittling her. If not her skills or music, her look.

(You)

Opinions, everyone has them.

Well spotted. People try to find any little reason to hate her. Fuck this place.

that's a pretty shitty dodge honestly.
grimes is really bad, but gets attention on this site because of faggoty waifu autists.

I don't.

Grimes said he was being misogynistic because he made fun of Madonna for being old and thus ugly, iirc.

I don't think anyone in this thread has been arguing over anything real - just making up random things about either this or the production of Grimes album or whatever. Anti-feminist discussions on Sup Forums usually don't involve facts.

Can Grimes not be an immature cunt for once

>waaaahhh someone said something i don't like muh soggy kneee

>better job than 95% of mu
Damn you got some high standards user.

Most of idiots that attacked Grimes ITT (including the OP fuckwit) didn't read the whole story. This happens when you take things out of context.

>Grimes said he was being misogynistic because he made fun of Madonna for being old and thus ugly, iirc.
That's still not misogyny.

Yeah, blind hate only happens to Grimes, pool thing. No male is ever hated on on Sup Forums without good reason

There's always a good reason to hate males.

truuuuuuuuu

Old women get devalued and ridiculed for their appearance more than men.

>that's a pretty shitty dodge honestly.
I tried to be polite, honestly.

>grimes is really bad, but gets attention on this site because of faggoty waifu autists.
Is really bad to you. Explain why critics and many patricians LOVED her albums. Are they insane and you're right?

>many patricians
this doesnt mean shit, also a lot of critics dont like her stuff

yeah but user it's okay when women do it.

The sad thing is that some years ago I wouldnt even have entertain the thought that this could not be sarcastic

But Grimes is way more often a target. It's fucking obvious. She's hated because she's a girl that makes all her art on her own without needing external help except mixing and shit like that. ENVY.

So what? Even if that were true, and not just an unfounded assertion, simply holding the opinion that Madonna is ugly because she's old doesn't make one a mysoginist.

>also a lot of critics dont like her stuff
Who? Most important ones (that matter) loved her music.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Angels#Critical_reception

Who is missing from the list? Fantano?

>But Grimes is way more often a target. It's fucking obvious
Unless you have something to back that up, you're just showing your own biais here buddy

Grimes is so often a target because she's brought up so much here. If we had a contingent of people who bring up Black Lace as the best band of their generation once every 10 threads, then they'd get as much hate as Grimes, especially when the pro-Grimes crowd are so over-the-top in their appraisal of her that even someone like myself who is pretty on-the-fence about her is starting to get annoyed by it.

There are daily Grimes hate threads, buddy. They're all full of shit and a disgrace.

grimes pls go

> guy who makes boring, wandering, half-assed indie pop insults overrated pop star

> terrible, untalented waifu-tier indie pop idol calls him sexist for it

> he insults her more

> bad indie pop fighting with bad indie pop over dumb insults, using dumb insults

why should anyone care about this?

Because you guys are fucking annoying about her and get mad at the slightest criticism, to the point it becomes enjoyable to rill you up, just like Kanye West fans back then. And I like her stuff

everyone who likes her shit is either a pretentious poptimist faggot that likes to think they have good taste because they listen to forgettable, artless, bedroom pop, or a waifu autist that has folders filled with pictures of her hideous rat face.
should go without saying, but hiding behind critic's scores and "b-b-but muh patrician" is poor form in any discussion about art.

>Grimes is so often a target because she's brought up so much here
Funny because her haters post more about her than her fans.

You cared. U dumb.

>So i can't say Madonna's music is pure garbage, because i will be accused of misogyny?

yes, because pic related exists

bullshit
virtually anytime grimes is mentioned it becomes a circle jerk of her fans.

Not me. I'm just a regular guy who likes to listen to some pop every now and then.

And you must be a smug dumbass for believeing all that crap you wrote. Just say that you don't get/like her music, don't get behind a wall of insults. Only insecure people like you do that.

Read this thread again. Where do you see a circle jerk? All I'm seeing is a lot of hate comments.

Poe strikes again.

If my post demonstrates that, then so does yours. And everybody here's.