Cryptos price dropping

>cryptos price dropping
>People starting to dump their mining gear

Fucking finally I can buy a (new) gpu at a reasonable price

Attached: funy joke.jpg (720x682, 127K)

>Fucking finally I can buy a (new) gpu at a reasonable price
eheheheh

Attached: 1518542039453.png (2518x1274, 785K)

>Can't find a used gpu that wasn't mined on

Wouldn't buy used card unless it was ridiculously cheap. I don't want to support those PoS ex-miners minimizing their losses

>cryptos price dropping

Nice meme

Fucking miners I had to steal my 1080 Ti because of them

Attached: 1503061311507.jpg (633x758, 63K)

I'm waiting for cryptokiddies to really empty their pockets before buying a graphics card. Mid-range cards are still going for 1.5x their msrp used, but if the market really floods with barely used/new gpus then graphics card prices might finally be priced as expected

Even /biz/ agrees it's fucked.

Then we should buy the coins, always do the opposite of what /biz/ do.

/biz/ here
buy the dip faggots

Attached: biz.png (479x640, 460K)

Post story

Nice try, FBI

No, I have fantasised for years about how one would acquire a GPU for free. It always seemed impossible unless you were an insider. Working in a store or at the warehouse, etc.

Pretty much all the mineable currencies are dropping.
ETH, the main one people mine with graphics cards, is down to $420 which is nearly the price it was at the start of December, before the markets went crazy.
AND the difficulty is higher now than it was. RoI is lengthening, optimism has turned to pessimism and news continues to be negative around crypto.

What I don’t understand is why GPUs with 2GB VRAM are still overpriced. Apparently you can’t mine ETH with them because the DAG file is now 2.3 GB big and won’t fit into VRAM.

I know that means that basically only the GTX 1050 counts but still, a 1050 is a big improvement on what I have now.

People try to pump and dump new coins that enter the market.

I ended up getting a 1050 for $110aus off of ebay a few days back to upgrade from my gtx 660

LOL underrated

>Fucking finally I can buy a (new) gpu at a reasonable price
You can buy a premium roasted one, yes.

I mean you aren't wrong, Crypto has been fucking us and now I'm glad prices are dropping

Law of supply and demand

People who can't or don't want to pay $600+ for what used to be $200 cards bought 1050s instead and cleaned out all the supply.

I honestly wouldn’t mind paying half price for a premium roasted one and taking a chance. The problem is miners are fucking decievers and will sell it at premium price while lying to you about it being mined on. That or they only want to sell the mining rig as one unit at a premium price.

The only way they panic sell and the market floods is if crypto goes to 0 overnight. Then it’s a race to the bottom. Doubt it’ll happen though.

So the 1050 remains overpriced and out of stock just because it’s the only viable card for gamers. Great.

>buying a heavily used GPU
Unlikely to be a good idea.

>I honestly wouldn’t mind paying half price for a premium roasted one and taking a chance
But for what? Gaming? Resale? Neither options would be particularly worthwhile. You can't know if it will turn off after 5 years or 5 months.

Wait... So I should buy low and sell high..?

I traded mine 1030 for 1080ti
Neighbor kid doesn't need 1080ti to play minecraft anyways

Gaming. Like I said, I’m taking a chance. I’d just repaste/repad and see how far it takes me.

>actually wanting to buy a burnt out card

You can try. Better off waiting for some good news in the market before making a move though.

>>People starting to dump their mining gear
Show me proof
that's what I though.