Close To The Edge
Quella Vecchia Locanda
Thick As A Brick
Yeti
Tago Mago
Faust
In The Land Of Grey And Pink
Soft Machine's Third

Do I have to keep going? Genesis is average.

decided to revisit this today, and jesus had I forgotten what kind of funky violence Squire and Howe could unleash. shame the recording quality's not all that good though.

Supper's Ready might be my favorite prog track

1981 was a good year

Ghos pls

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

Without genesis they wouldn't exist, but shit, this album brings me to tears literally and figuratively because of how great it is

I enjoyed Folklore, probably AOTY contender, but besides the title track and Wassail, Underfall Yard and English Electric Pt. 1 are still better.

This has been growing on me a lot

>Krautrock
>Canterbury
>Fusion

This is a Prog thread

but there isn't one, OP

You've got to give it more listens, user; trust me. At first I thought the same regarding Folklore and Wassail (Wassail!), but each time I play the damn thing, the more the other songs stand out. London Plane, Winkie, and Brooklands are so moving. The shorter pieces contain so much emotional punch as well. And holy hell I love the keyboards on this album, especially the organ. I'm also blithe they brought the brass back: shit was so good in TUY The only issue, thus far, I have with it is that there's no epic. There's something about a >=20 minute song that gets my dick raging.

I think it's at least as good as The Underfall Yard.

Selling England by the Pound

Ive listened to it a couple times and I do remember some keyboard parts throughout really wowing me, so I probably should go back to it again.

Also idk, as much of a cornerstone of the genre as it is, an album doesnt need songs that long to be great such as the pic relateds in both my posts.

>krautrock can't be prog

>Canterbury
Not prog. Weak bait.

>taking bait

>CttE
>Fragile
>The Yes Album
>Aqualung
>Thick as a Dick
>4 Visions - Eskaton
>ITCOTCK
>ITWOP
>Lark's Tongues
>Selling England
>Sacrifice - Black Widow
most decetn prog albums are better than foxtrot

>Also idk, as much of a cornerstone of the genre as it is, an album doesnt need songs that long to be great such as the pic relateds in both my posts.
I can agree to that. That album and Fragile are some of my favorites; however, epics are my favored types of songs because they're a journey. They go through so many changes in moods and tempos, yet they retain a central theme (or at least the good ones do) that's revisited throughout its running time. Not to mention the long instrumental passages that epics allow. It's pure magic to my ears.

>Doesn't even post the best Genesis album

Nursery Cryme is much better

>Sacrifice - Black Widow
Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen this album mentioned here. Really underrated.

easy

these

never understood why this band is memed here so hard. Their first couple albums are really pretty good, especially Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window (also better than anything Genesis ever put out btw)

>never understood why this band is memed here so hard
I didn't either until I decided to actually give them a try. Tarred and Feathered is a great song and Sing to God is a great album.