2016 BTFO by the internet's busiest music nerd himself

2016 BTFO by the internet's busiest music nerd himself

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21542-the-life-of-pablo/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21867-lemonade/
groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.music.misc/S98nChVZGEA/nxkMp8NJi2MJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hardly a btfo when he uses the "imho" expression there.
Is he finally learning that he isn't a god and everything he says is just a opinion?

yes user, so long as you don't qualify your sentence with 'imo' you must not think it's an opinion. great thinking, imo.

how does that crusty old man listen to all these albums

What instrument does he play again?

>bottomless pitt and painting with not on the list
Hmmm

Marcel literally did the exact same thing before Scaruffi got to this.

The "panning current popular albums because they're pleb and i'm so much more patrician" gimmick is nothing new.

>implying Bottomless Pit is bad

The mental image of Scaruffi listening to Kevin Gates is hilarious

he doesn't need to play an instrument, the critic is the true artist

it's about ethics in lusty negro attitudes

Not really because if the art ceased to exist, so would the critic; conversely, if the critic ceased to exist, the art would still exist. As you can see the critic is inessential to the artistic process.

bass guitar is what antony plays
scaruffi (the maker of that list) doesn't play anythinng

Then i advise you to read his regular writtings and you will see that the way he expresses himself is never as opinion, but as facts.

don't deserve the hype =/= bad

>what antony plays
What makes you think I asked what the melon plays?

It must suck being so negative and hating everything all the time.

he doesn't hate everything, he hates what you like (i.e. plebeian shit) and that makes you butthurt
now leave the thread and listen to more music

kanye and beyonce ain't pleb shit d00d

[citation needed]

>he didn't include Bottomless Pit

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21542-the-life-of-pablo/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21867-lemonade/

>islah
>critically acclaimed

To be people really not care he openly admitted not only to fucking his cousin but having a serious relationship with her as well?

What the fuck is wrong with Americans?

I don't see any harmonic analysis of the music.

Try again?

>What the fuck is wrong with Americans?
The fact that so many Americans still believe it should be illegal to marry a 12-year-old only tells you how far America still is from becoming a serious culture. The Europeans have long recognized that the greatest relationships of all times are between male adults and female adolescents, who are the most biologically fit to produce offspring, as well as the most physically attractive. Followers of the Muslim faith rank the highly controversial Aisha over all of their prophet Mohammed’s other wives, who were far past the prime age for reproduction. Americans are still blinded by puritan values. Adult females are more mentally developed than adolescents (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest partners. Europeans engaged in relationships with adolescent European girls in the middle ages, radical Islamists engage in relationships with adolescent Muslim girls in the present. Americans are often totally ignorant of the virtues of relationships with adolescent girls, they barely know the biological benefits. No wonder they will think that sexual relations with 12-year-old girls should be criminalized.

having endorsement from the most plebeian publication out there only furthers my point

>before Scaruffi
Scaruffi was shitposting on the internet before Marcel's parents were cumposting each other.

Are you sincerely citing Pitchfork as proof of artistic quality? They review Top 40 pop songs for pretentious fourteen year-olds; nobody there knows any theory or is a halfway competent musician. They provide image and lifestyle advice for superficial consumers more interested in adopting a music fan aesthetic than actually listening to and analyzing music.

>humble

Scaruffi definitely isn't American, that's for sure

>theory
>analyzing
Your turning music into a science. Really the only thing that matters in music is that it sounds good and the fact is that Beyonce is SLAYYY tßh

>Your turning music into a science
Someone doesn't know music theory...

He actually is an American though

So, overanalyzing a track and describing its arrangements to sound more complicated than they actually are = good?

What a joke, and I compose myself.

you should check the index of his history of rock music where he clearly explains that it's the most subjective and complete out there, and he's right.

Lemonade: 3.33 on RYM
TLOP: 3.29 on RYM.

In other words, above mediocre. Pitchfork is one guy, you might aswell cite yourself: "B-but I like it so it must be good".

A critic is needed to call art art and to give it meaning. The original artist can also be the critic.

poor idiot

>most amusing Sup Forums post I've read/10

>breaking down harmonic and rhythmic elements is overanalyzing
>I compose myself.
wow you must be an amazing composer!
>A critic is needed to call art art
Incorrect. An artist calls it art by creating it.
>The original artist can also be the critic.
Incorrect. Not all art is meant to be heard at all, but simply created.

he was posting music reviews on fucking usenet newsgroups in 1992 lmao

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.music.misc/S98nChVZGEA/nxkMp8NJi2MJ

indeed i do not
who cares about theory anyway

>RYM
Pitchfork are professional reviewers. RYM are just a bunch of kids.

my god

so much bullshit I have to read

troll detected

you tried

>who cares about theory anyway
Not plebs

>professional
Just because they get paid

>caring about an elder autist who literally has a "Hall of Fame" wall of pictures of acquaintances in his home

All Europeans do this.

Nga plz. Art without an audience is nothing.

We apply the label "art" to something and it becomes "art." Without audience interaction it doesn't even exist.

>Art without an audience is nothing.
Said the non artist.
>Without audience interaction it doesn't even exist.
>what is art for art's sake

>Professional reviewers
>RYM are just a bunch of kids.

Yeah I guess that's why scientific studies apply use a sample of one person to reach a definite conclusion on things. Maybe you should apply this logic for when you're writing your thesis but base your findings on your own feelings and see how that goes.

if art ceased to exist then the critic would critique life as a philosopher

Did people seriously hype Kevin Gates "Islah"?

Because that's normal and healthy behavior. Last I heard people put that kind of shit in scrapbooks.

>What is art for arts sake?
Non-existant

[citation needed]

And what citation would convince you?

Is Scaruffi the only critic that doesn't constantly suck tranny/gay/feminist/etc. dick and rates the music for what it is? Glad to finally see somebody openly dislike CSH + Anohni + White Lung there, I couldn't believe somebody liked those. Seriously thinking nobody panned them because of their backgrounds.

but csh is a straight white male?

Pretty much anything that proves it unequivocally doesn't exist.

I thought the H in IMHO was "honest"

You want evidence of non-existence?

If gay furry is the new straight...

He's right about all of them except Blackstar

Sounds like your problem for choosing to believe in an illogical argument

>who cares about theory anyway
fuck you

Will is gay as hell

>he's a theoryfag

Are you unfamiliar with the Death of the Author? Or do you disagree with it?

The later.

Art is a reflection of culture and culture is social by definition.
Something that somebody made for nobody to see is a phenomenon untill it is examined and categorized, then it can be art.

Good luck m8.

user and I left off here

>Art is a reflection of culture
Only true for folk art,. otherwise art is the reflection of the artist himself.
>Something that somebody made for nobody to see is
Art.

Yes, I actually care about why music works.

>everyone complaining about Scaruffi is an uneducated teenager
how unsurprising

Jesus Christ you left a mess

Scaruffi panned the Beatles. Scaruffi panned David Bowie's whole carreer.
Do you really think he'll be afraid of dissing some flavor of the month novelties? lmao

hahahahahahahahahahahaha and you aren't a kid?

Every album on that list is a Pitchfork BNM except for Cobalt's, which got an 8.4.

I'm 15 years old but dont let that fool you: I'm quite mature for my age (unlike like you plebs).