Hellhammer's Demon Entrails.

youtube.com/watch?v=QCKEznpQhbA

Nope. Only 2011 version is God-tier.

You mean Shit-tier

shit-tier as in shits all over generic black metal tier

then yes

damn this shit is brutal.

Kek

only Liturgy and Deafheaven poseur cunts use the term "generic black metal." any amount of money says you can't name a single "generic black metal" album from the last five years that these bands are supposedly shitting on. why don't you post your last.fm?

Weakling - Dead As Dreams is my favorite black metal album

What other shit would I like?

tired of all you kids not posting a blaze in the northern sky like the know nothing plebs you are

I can't fucking understand how could Liturgy be considered by any means black metal. They're repetitive (in the negative sense) and they fail miserably in creating any form of atmosphere through their albums.
Their sound resembles more shitty drone doom/space rock than anyting black related.

what's even the difference. transylvanian hunger and a blaze sound exactly the same

nice picks
I really didn't like this album. The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide and Howl Mockery at the Cross are incredible though.

Tired of people not posting Under a Funeral Moon like the know nothing plebs you are

MY NIG AHH
Scar Sighted isn't really black metal. Yes, it has Jef's early influences, but it's too deathy and doomy to be considered kvlt desu senpai

this
godtier taste user

Polish BM is god tier

mah nigga

lol.

Only elitists fags who listen to generic black metal use the term poseur.
You probably also use \m/ unironically.

ballsack logo

this album sucks

>that crosley

this is not a Katy Perry thread

>a crosley is pictured in the album artwork

DSBM is one of the most fucked up genres in existence.

nice user

Well fuck, I can't stop seeing it now. Thanks user.

now***

is this even black metal?

i love this album

i hate that dsbm uses shit like this for shock value though. it paints depression/self-harm/suicide as a lifestyle, like "oh he cuts himself so he must be one of those weird metalheads".

It is. It's prog, surrealist black metal though. Sort of like early Arcturus, with whom they shared a bassist.
I would also compare elements of their sound with that of In The Woods... who also released a seminal album in 95.

Wolves in the Throne Room

Black Metal perfected IMO.

Ritualistic Infantile Necrofuck
(I dont have the pic someone post it)

Only correct answers so far
close

Buttflustered poseur .never talk about metal with metalheads or you'll get called that alot.

what the cutoff album for behemoth btw?I'd say Demigod but some said zos kia cultus is.

Also a correct answer^^

Classic Sup Forums album.

mein freunds

one of the best things this board has made

spurdo has some piercing eyes.

>Silencer - Death, Pierce Me

Really the only one I know of, I dont even remember how I found this. Before this the highest I went was Death Metal, and I still dont know to much of DM. I will admit, when I first heard Silencer, I was like WTF and thought it was kind of funny. It grew on me and enjoy more then before but havent really explored Black metal yet. Could anyone recommend some other band/album thats similar?

Let's act like the WASP cover doesn't exist

This user gets it

thanks user. I'm glad someone appreciates the perfection that is Ethereal Shroud.

False BM needs to leave

>god-tier
>black metal
pick one

Don't understand why this album is regarded so highly desu

most of Watain's discography

satanic warmaster

lord belial

archgoat

I'm just going through Darkthrone's discography for the first time and it is by far their strongest record so far.

sounds like you would enjoy Depressive Black Metal

>debnts

shining is pretty gr8

the debnt-hatred betters the emotion of the metal

>What other shit would I like?
A dick in your ass since you listen to faggot shit.

I really want to like black metal but I can't get past the terrible production. Anybody who intentionally poorly produces their music is a retarded hipster.
>muh tradition
>muh atmosphere
>being able to hear the notes is too mainstream

then don't listen to it

>65314145
Darkthrone's A Blaze In The Northern sky
thank me later

I can't stand the vocals on this album.

>hipstering this fucking hard

This is not the right answer

i think you're a dolt for not recognizing that atmosphere and tradition (or rebellion against tradition) plays a part in literally all music
that said, you'll probably like ulver

The original black metal bands didn't intentionally choose piss poor production as an artistic statement. They were just broke as fuck and it was cheap. Doing things just for the sake of tradition is retarded. Other forms of music can accomplish atmosphere with good production, why can't black metal? It just makes me thing black metal is all about the gimmicks and image more than the actual music. No offense to people who sincerely enjoy the genre. I just don't get it.

makes me *think

Varg purposely made Filosofem with poor production.

Varg is also a moronic, murdering, white supremacist...

and the only decent song he ever created was Dunkelheit

only bad part was moronic

Then i see how black metal won't be a genre you'll never like.

>The original black metal bands didn't intentionally choose piss poor production as an artistic statement
uh some of them did actually. varg has talked about seeking out the worst possible amps/mics for his early records. darkthrone was like that too, they had a dispute with their label after refusing to remix a blaze in the northern sky.

i don't think production matters that much. there's only been a few records i've heard where the production is absolutely insufferable and ruins the music. plus i'm hugely in favor of the accessibility of low-cost home recording/prod and keeping artists independent.

Metal is soooooo gay lmaooooo!!!! Hip hop is way better xD you emos!! Haha !!!

he's actually a pretty intelligent guy. and while he's expressed being into nationalism and shit, he's non-violent and keeps it to himself for the most part, so it's something i can look past.
euronymous was a cunt and would have probably deserved it even if it was unprovoked.

How come Mayhem are the only trve OG Norwegian black metal band?

Darkthrone where death metals who just hopped on the bandwagoners, Immortal were memers in it for the lulz, emperor were symphonic panzies, and burzum was atmoshit background music for DnD games

U fags! Hip hop is better. And the top 100 charts. Like real underground sheeet?

but when something is poorly produced you can hardly make out the notes... it is fucking bullshit im sorry