Thoughts on Tame Impala?

Thoughts on Tame Impala?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GHe8kKO8uds
youtube.com/watch?v=rGEx8SfI540
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

more like meme impala

Currents is just one of those classic rock albums.

is that russell brand

Best band on the planet right now

Kevin Parker is the songbird of our generation

Pretty good for a rock band that plays arenas

theyre fine
like nothing super innovative and special but not a bad band by any stretch

more like lame impala

pretty meme but overall fairly inoffensive party music

Good but currents is shit

>he liked Elephant

>Take a Beatles' song from 1967 >add some randon effects
That is Tame Impala in a nutshell

nice psych band. there has been a rise in people on here shitting on them though, most likely because of their rise in popularity.

nice meme

innerspeaker is their only good album. Still sounds fresh today
Lonerism sounds like shit now
Currents is meh very whiny

more like shit impala

His music is too tame. It strikes you as the kind of music you'd hear coming out of someones 2016 Impala.

No, it's because of the rise in people saying that they're goat

>hear this is some great modern psychedelic album with beatles-esque song writing
>it's literally rip offs of beatles songs with spork music in the background

Currents is AOTCSF

>now
it used to be good?

sounds like a little homo singing along to glee in the living room while his dad blares psych rock in the basement

i find the fact that its all kevin incredibly inspiring

>literally rip offs

Can you name some Beatles songs that are being ripped off and the Tame Impala ones that are doing the ripping off?

this, the fact he's a multi-instrumentalist makes his talent so much more

One of the best psychedelic acts that is currently active.

Currents was their worst, but still good.

Am I the only one that thought Eventually was fucking killer and everything else wasn't up to much?

youtu.be/GHe8kKO8uds

Some tracks are so stripped down on Currents so I feel you, but Let It Happen is an electronic symphony, so much depth and texture that it never feels the full 8 minutes.

Would you recommend any acts quite similar to them, active or not?

2legit2quit

AHAHAHAHAHA

>but I'm the one that's left behiiiiiind

Innerspeaker for sure

Fake and gay, 1/10 would not meme

youtube.com/watch?v=rGEx8SfI540

>CAUSE I'M A MAN WOMAN

What did he mean by this?

Cause I'm a man, woman (addressing a woman)

They're good everything they have done is solid, some better than others but solid.

Sup Forums contrarians will shit on them because they have blown up a lot

They're a very good pop band.

Anyone who doesn't like them, I understand. Anyone who only likes the first two albums is a pleb who needs guitars and unoriginal psychedelic cliches to make them feel better for listening to pop. Currents is a good album.

Tame Impala is hands down the best band in the world right now. They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible. But more than just how good they are, They represent the first ripple in a massive change that we are about to go through musically as well as culturally. I think that over the course of the next 10 years we are going to see a sort of mini-renaissance similar to what we saw in the late 50s-60s post war. With pot and gay marriage soon to be legal federally its gonna be a whole new world. 2012 end of the world isn't the end of human life, its the end of one way of thinking and the start of another. Pot...cash...crop...money! As someone already said here on reddit, The united states will be the only country in the world were pot is legal federally. We are gonna have jobs again, and money to burn. Money to spend on art and music. In a sense, a need will be created for GOOD art and music. Not something that is coldy manufactured by hitmakers. Tame Impala is leading the charge! They are proving that people CAN tell the difference between real and manufactured music! Im not saying Tame Impala are the next Beatles but they are making enough waves to make change. Moral of story, Tame Impala Rocks!!!! They (kevin park) are making real beautiful music that only happens when a talented person commits a lot of time to something that they are passonate about. Tame Impala is a real life "bedroom" band, they way it is meant to be.

This wasn't funny.

/thread

Re-listening to Currents and I'm digging it a lot more then when it came out.
Not as good as Lonerism but its still very much listenable.

2/10 made me reply

I like them, probably the first band I ever had a strong emotional attatchment to. They get shat on more than they deserve. Either way he makes great pop.

this
tame impala led to me exploring other genres and browsing this shithole board