I wrote this album off when it was initially released last year, but it's really grown on me over the past month or so...

I wrote this album off when it was initially released last year, but it's really grown on me over the past month or so. Outside of a couple of dud tracks, I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Anyone else who ended up liking Currents a lot more over time? Let It Happen was the only track I liked at first, but The Less I Know The Better's become my new favorite as of late. Comfy as fuck.

completely agree
hated it on first listen
cant wait to see them in the summer

At first I thought Let It Happen was pretty good and the rest was trash. After the next 3-4 listens it definitely grew on me alot.

Past Life and Yes I'm Changing still kinda suck though, despite having good production.

It's alright, everything good about it is doubly true for Lonerism

Agreed

how have you grown to like the album over time if the only songs youve warmed up to are let it happen and less i know the better both of which are singles meant to promote the album? have you even listened to it?

>the only songs youve warmed up to are let it happen and less i know the better
Where does he say this?

>Let It Happen was the only track I liked at first, but The Less I Know The Better's become my new favorite as of late.
his new favorite became the albums main promotional single? the only song he liked was the opener also a main single for the album? OP is pleb af or baiting

stockholm syndrome

Yeah those are his two "favourite" songs from the album. But where does he say that they are the only songs he's warmed up to?

Oh yeah, he doesn't say that and you're just memeing.

Now go listen to Innerspeaker, the best TP album.

You mean Lonerism?

You pleb

i guess he may not really like the album if his only "favorites" are songs they intentionally made to be liked

fuck off stop defending his plebian behavior "durr i just listened to the singles and i think i understand the album now its not that bad better make a thread for attention"

you mean black foliage, right

The Moment is my personal favorite

Nigga wut?

>durr i just listened to the singles and i think i understand the album now
Okay yeah you're just memeing

4/10 made me reply

now fuck off

are you retarded or the OP or both?? talking about the singles and having them be the reason you got hooked is fucking retarded, its like no shit retard thats what singles are for maybe digest the other songs and learning to apperciate them before posting a thread talking about how you initially wrote it off because you didnt understand it because you were too stupid to like the singles first before getting to the rest of the album

Why so many Currents threads? There are like two happening right now and there were several yesterday. The album is old news now.

OP here, I dig most of the tracks on the album. Less I Know The Better hadn't been released as a single yet when the album leaked last year, so I wasn't aware that it was intended to be a stand-out track.
Didn't know it was a single till much later when I looked up the track individually on youtube.

>Why so many Currents threads?

I haven't encountered em in a while, actually. I missed most of the discussion when the album initially dropped.

It's the new hipster trend and it's summer

Yeah

>having them be the reason you got hooked
he literally never says this though you dolt

Yes same here.

Past Life and Same Mistakes are bangers

Eh it's grown away from me. It's way too clean to be labeled psychedelic.

It started off with me getting introduced with Let It Happen and TLIKTB but now I can say I love every song except Past Life, which would be fine without the voiceover.

The last song I ended up warming up to was Love/Paranoia which I instantly cringed at when I first heard it, but now I can say just about the whole album is fantastic. Don't care what people call it because Kevin hasn't labeled it himself, but it's admirable as hell that he could go from that washed-out psych sound to such tight, dreamy synth/pop production.

the vocals used to piss me the fuck off but they grew on me. there are some shitty tracks but overall a pretty good album

Pretty much my exact experience with the album

I liked it the first time I heard it. Though mostly the first 5 tracks.

Yes I'm Changing I liked the most. At first I disagreed with its content until I pretty quickly realized it's more about the feeling of a moment in time than a statement about any deep ontological truth. Really, the title of the last track says it all and caps it off perfectly.

Oh. Also, the last song reminds me of the elevator and final stages in Streets of Rage.

i loved it at the very first listen unlike all you guys

I think the only song that I didn't like was Gossip

>I think the only song that I didn't like was Gossip
But that's one of the best tho

he lists the songs as his favorites from the release since he heard it, theyre the reason he started to enjoy it he even says so you dolt

Reminder that "getting" music is as pleb as pleb gets and your literally tricking yourself into liking it for purely aesthetic reasons.

Elaborate.

>he lists the songs as his favorites from the release since he heard it
true
>theyre the reason he started to enjoy it
you blatantly made this part up
>he even says so you dolt
lol no

eh, i forgot it was a 56 second interlude
at least it sets up less i know the better

>you blatantly made this part up
>it's really grown on me over the past month or so. Outside of a couple of dud tracks, I've been enjoying it quite a bit.
>Let It Happen was the only track I liked at first, but The Less I Know The Better's become my new favorite as of late.

he likes only the singles and none of the other album tracks because he is pleb af like you and doesnt actually like currents but posted this thread for attention and validation because he cant decide if he actually thinks the music is good (probably because his range of enjoyment only reaches to the most commercial track singles)

>Outside of a couple of dud tracks, I've been enjoying it quite a bit
This means he likes everything except a couple tracks, which means he likes more than two songs.

I know you want to call Tame Impala fans plebs but your bias is causing you to be blatantly wrong right now.

>This means he likes everything except a couple tracks, which means he likes more than two songs.
he likes more than two songs but just now has come around to enjoying the singles, the ones you hear all the fucking time??

theres no way out, you are either defending his plebeian behavior or are retarded

You outwardly care about things you shouldn't bother with.

>he likes more than two songs but just now has come around to enjoying the singles
No, he liked Let It Happen from the start, and now since he started enjoying the rest of the album more his new favourite is The Less I Know The Better.

I'm really not sure what your argument is, you contradict yourself all the time. Admit that you are only on his case because you blindly call Tame Impala plebs to feel superior to them.

>he likes only the singles and none of the other album tracks
>he likes more than two songs but just now has come around to enjoying the singles
Seriously what are you trying to say at this point

youre just mad you probably have shit taste like him and listening to singles only

>now since he started enjoying the rest of the album more his new favourite is The Less I Know The Better.
my whole problem is hes saying he didnt understand the album but is just not coming around to the main commercial singles and enjoying them so much as to call them favorites, just seems really disingenuous, like why make the thread about "not getting it at first" when you havent even made an attempt to dig into the album cuts or anything like that? its like saying i didnt get dark side of the moon, but i just now got around to liking Money and Time

>youre just mad
lol

I'm sitting here eating kava and cocoa beans. Might want to take a look at what you're doing.

>hes saying he didnt understand the album but is just now coming around to the main commercial singles
Except he has always liked Let It Happen

>its like saying i didnt get dark side of the moon, but i just now got around to liking Money and Time
This is a valid opinion m8

meh, i'm still not a fan of this album
so glad i got to see them live right at their peak in 2013
claypool lennon delerium is promising, though

Past Life is so feelsy, probably because it's just relatable
>be in long distance relationship
>start drifting apart
>become depressed, lonely
>still love each other
>realize how difficult ldr is
>break up mutually
>fall into deeper depression
>finally get around to listening Currents
>Past Life comes on
>Just for a second, I saw a figure
>Who was that?
>It was my lover
>From a past life
>Well, somewhere between a lover and a friend
>It was different back then
>But I shut it down, closed it off
>I thought I was moving on but I guess I was just switching off
>From a past life (you're not a stranger if you're always on my mind)

FROM A PAST LLIIIIFFFE

(it was so unexpected)

>stoned af
>wearing headphones when it goes left to right

I want to like them but the less I know the better is literally a cuck song

'Cause I'm a Man is one of the best songs of 2015.