Which of these albums would you say is heavier?

Which of these albums would you say is heavier?

strawpoll.me/10364923

How do you define 'heaviness'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llTESFYfnds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neurosis and I think sludgyness is what is heavy. Pounding drums and slow crushing guitar riffs

This

While Slayer is certanly a heavy metal band, there a lot of black metal bands out that aren't really metal, just satanic hardcore punk

i listened to reign in blood and fell asleep on the third song, so i'd say the one on the right

I've always considered "heavier" to mean more abrasive or "scary." I can understand why most people would say it means slower and sludgier.

I think Slayer is the more abrasive and "scary" album.

Neurosis is the sludgier and more distorted album.

um, neurosis. not sure how anyone with ears could think otherwise. i'm sure slayer was heavy at the time but it's basically pop rock by today's standards. neurosis is too crushing and abrasive to ever get radio play, for example

>neurosis is too crushing and abrasive to ever get radio play, for example
No that's because nobody wants to listen to a 10 minute long song that isn't by Metallica.

>all these poseurs

right, and what about a 5 minute song? neurosis has shorter songs, the length is only part of the reason. they have harsher vocals, grittier production, less melody, crushing doomy riffs that are much less accessible than anything slayer has done.

i don't see how you could think slayer is heavier unless you're just some trve kvlt faggot who thinks anything that heaviness is a direct measurement of quality. it isn't, and you're free to prefer slayer while still acknowledging that some bands you don't like are heavier than them

>neurosis
>soul crushing
you're on fucking Sup Forums, don't embarass yourself.heavy?,kinda. soul crushing? i bet you listen to hipster metal and nothing else.

is this a thing kids are doing now?

youtube.com/watch?v=llTESFYfnds
Is this a bad set or something? This isn't heavy at all. It sounds fat and autistic, like all the bad things from Tool mixed with Crowbar. Rammstein is heavier than this sewage.

Kids are embracing fascism and love for their country and people. 1488

I'm confused. Have you ever actually heard a Slayer song? There's a lot more to heavy music than shouting people over unmelody. Five Finger Death Punch gets airplay, but Mayhem doesn't.

Is this a bad meme or something? This isn't funny at all. It sounds fat and autistic, like all the bad things from reddit mixed with tumblr. Sup Forums is funnier than this sewage.

Musically Neurosis, thematically Slayer.

What do you know? That's the kind of person who thinks this is heavy. I'll let you enjoy your shit thread while I enjoy some heavy music.

There's nothing embarrassing about this kid honesty.
Voted Reign in Blood btw.

>libertarian
>1488
Too Much Internet for this kid.

Nothing compares to Reign in Blood. And you can't recreate the conditions that made Slayer. No one probably thinks of this but If you sent some one back in time to when slayer grew up, they probably be miserable as shit. And that's probably how the members of slayer felt. They created the most violent of music with nothing violent around. The first death metal bands was still being influenced by Metallica. If slayer was't around, that metal wouldn't be thrash metal. By the way Metallica could sing and play soft. No other thrash metal band could do that. Also Anthrax and Megadeth are for pussy.

Like who?

Boring